heRO-Server Forum
Elemental Wing Sprite Change Proposal - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poll - Give Your Opinion! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Elemental Wing Sprite Change Proposal (/showthread.php?tid=14642)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE:??Elemental Wing Sprite Change Proposal - Corporal - 05-29-2010 09:42 PM

Aneko Wrote:Sadly one of the things that brought me here to HeRO was the wings. So I voted no. That and low rates. :3

I think we have the OPTION to do so - we could use wings OR the elem spirits. At least, this is what I'm understanding from this proposal.

RE: Elemental Wing Sprite Change Proposal - Aneko - 05-29-2010 09:46 PM

I hope so. If not Imma be sad. :[

RE: Elemental Wing Sprite Change Proposal - Fruityla - 05-29-2010 09:50 PM

Having both options available would be very doable I'd imagine. They could probably just tack it onto the NPCs along with an exchange option for those who made the wings beforehand?

Oooor, behold the power of client-side editing? XD

RE: Elemental Wing Sprite Change Proposal - Général_Argos - 05-29-2010 09:52 PM

No need for an npc. Just mess with your hero-folder to put the sprite you want.
If *enough* people are interested, I could actually make the carebears-wings, but I have no way to know since gm-azote closed the thread and did not answered...

RE: ??Elemental Wing Sprite Change Proposal - tan313008 - 05-29-2010 10:06 PM

Corporal Wrote:I think we have the OPTION to do so - we could use wings OR the elem spirits. At least, this is what I'm understanding from this proposal.

I hope its like this. :]

RE: Elemental Wing Sprite Change Proposal - Galt - 05-29-2010 11:22 PM

I sure hope the spirit versions have some sort of glowing/floating up-and-down effect, besides just appearing on the shoulder. It'd look pretty stale if it just sat there right next to your character.

RE:????Elemental Wing Sprite Change Proposal - Session - 05-29-2010 11:33 PM

tan313008 Wrote:
Corporal Wrote:I think we have the OPTION to do so - we could use wings OR the elem spirits. At least, this is what I'm understanding from this proposal.

I hope its like this. :]

I'm guessing and hoping it will be optional, or something one can switch back and forth between on the sprites.

Just a small suggestion, but perhaps make the wings more physically based and the spiritual looking thing magically based? Like a small nearly insignificant buff for the corresponding classes. Just sayin'.

I also second what Galt said, if it just stays in one spot it'll be really annoying. :x

RE: Elemental Wing Sprite Change Proposal - Ngjoko - 05-29-2010 11:44 PM

Well, if the spirit would move a bit and glow faintly, then yes. There are plenty of wings already, something else might spice things up a bit. But since most players are concerned about the wings, maybe an option of choosing the sprites they like when they want to make the elemental wings should pacify their appetite.

RE: Elemental Wing Sprite Change Proposal - Landon - 05-30-2010 12:55 AM

How about make the existing wings less ugly?

RE: Elemental Wing Sprite Change Proposal - Fruityla - 05-30-2010 02:10 AM

Because we're catering to people who don't necessarily like wings? Thinking

That and wings must be a total pain in the ass to make and making something like these little spirits to "improve appearances" is tons easier Icon_razz The fact all of heRO's wings were made by outside sources aside here.