heRO-Server Forum
huh? Why can't I get on? - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: huh? Why can't I get on? (/showthread.php?tid=19882)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: huh? Why can't I get on? - demishock - 07-17-2011 03:30 PM

Argh, Sunday afternoon was supposed to be my RO time this weekend. Icon_sad Hope it gets fixed soon...

RE: huh? Why can't I get on? - Vahn_ashwood - 07-17-2011 04:18 PM

T_T I'm sorry everyone! I hope that they fix this for us so we can get back on! I'd be on this myself if I was a GM. At the very least I hope we can hear back from Panda or Circe soon

RE: huh? Why can't I get on? - Former-GM-Salt - 07-17-2011 04:55 PM

We're working on it, but we're not sure how long its going to take. In the mean time if you keep trying to log in you should be able to get on eventually. The server isn't down, its just not accepting connections sometimes for some reason. Thanks for being patient everyone.

RE: huh? Why can't I get on? - demishock - 07-17-2011 05:00 PM

Whee, I made it on! Now to never log off, lol. Thanks for the update, Salt.

RE: huh? Why can't I get on? - Vahn_ashwood - 07-17-2011 05:01 PM

Thanks for lookin into it, Salt! We love you Icon_biggrin

RE: huh? Why can't I get on? - Former-GM-Circe - 07-17-2011 06:17 PM

No, you're not IP banned. The ban went directly to the banned players IP, and not a range.

As Salt said, we'll have a peek around and see if we can find anything, but you should all be able to get on right away now.

Edit: Seems some people are having issues again. RAGE. >:O

RE: huh? Why can't I get on? - Snowhawk - 07-17-2011 06:33 PM

So it didn't try to associate related accounts? Maybe at one time the banned person had IPs associated with those members. If so then it could have watered down based on every IP the banned member has been on.

That's exactly what it does on the RP site I run does. If I ban any member, even by IP. Every IP associated with it and all accounts that have ever been registered with it get banned until we go through and pass them through the ban.

RE: huh? Why can't I get on? - Vahn_ashwood - 07-17-2011 06:33 PM

hmmm, well I'm glad demi got on, but I'm still gettin can't connect. I hope you guys get it figured out Icon_biggrin

RE: huh? Why can't I get on? - Former-GM-Circe - 07-17-2011 06:50 PM

If he had been banned, Snowhawk, the message would be saying he was banned by the GM team. Though he hasn't posted his message, I'm going to guess that it's a "Failed to connect to server", just like the issues everyone else is having.

The heRO database and its workings aren't the same as a forum one. Even different forum packages will have differences.

RE: huh? Why can't I get on? - Vahn_ashwood - 07-17-2011 10:41 PM

urgh, the server's hatin on me again....