heRO-Server Forum
Suggestion - heRO Lottery - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Suggestion - heRO Lottery (/showthread.php?tid=4942)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Suggestion - heRO Lottery - Loki - 01-29-2008

problem is the amount of zeny you hold, gains no grounds with the script though, other than you could buy a ticket everyday versus someone else. What I mean by that is that the script only allows each player to purchase ONE ticket per day.

So let's say the tickets are 5,000 zeny
With the 4 match prize being 500k zeny
and the 6 match prize being 2.5m zeny

You could spend about a mil before you even get the 4 match prize. Then you really haven't gained much other than the joy of gambling. Or there could be a newcomer that comes in and wins the 2.5 mil on the first attempt, again it's all a matter of the risk of gambling. Items aren't the prize of the script, zeny is the prize. Of course it wouldn't be hard to mod it to include items but I see no problem in leaving it as a zeny / zeny type thing. Besides bloody is more of a "stock market" npc type than a lottery type Icon_lol

RE: Suggestion - heRO Lottery - Général_Argos - 01-29-2008

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:How about prize = 60% of the profit from ticket sold. That way 40% of the zeny would be drained from the server each time there is a winner.

-No custum or non-custum item aquired.
-PVP based, no new item or zeny is trow in the hero economy.
-Help draining zeny from the server to balance the fact that nobody buy healing items from npc except people who havent discovered fishing yet and some alchemist (5% of population?)

RE: Suggestion - heRO Lottery - Snapplewee - 01-29-2008

Thats a good idea Krim, I still dont like the idea of a lottery though

RE: Suggestion - heRO Lottery - GM-Pandora - 01-29-2008

Well.. with such turn out, would you invest any zeny?

RE: Suggestion - heRO Lottery - Loki - 01-29-2008

I would, just not every single day of the year. But then again I don't have the money to put into it everyday as say bloody would. I don't even think my heRO net worth is 25 mil xD

RE: Suggestion - heRO Lottery - Rhino_Man - 01-29-2008

actually I use white potions because i don't use as much sp and I can carry 200 more at a time.

RE: Suggestion - heRO Lottery - Loveless - 01-29-2008

Rhino_Man Wrote:actually I use white potions because i don't use as much sp and I can carry 200 more at a time.

Question Mark

RE: Suggestion - heRO Lottery - Sekaru - 01-29-2008

snapple I love you for your comments on fishing spot <3 Icon_razz and I fully agree with all you posted 2nded!!! and the idea of a zeny only lottery sounds MUCH better especially with the 1 ticket max that way it all comes down to luck and even a newbie can win 2.5 mil

RE: Suggestion - heRO Lottery - Rhino_Man - 01-29-2008

that was in reference to krim's third point. There are a number of people on the server, that I know of, who use healing items from the npcs because they're less weight intensive. I can last an extra hour or so on white potions whereas I run out of healing items way faster when I use fish. Even though I can carry approximately 800 mutant fish at a time.

RE:??Suggestion - heRO Lottery - Former-GM-Mystra - 01-29-2008

GM-Pandora Wrote:@Mystra: and that relates to the topic.. because? Icon_biggrin
It reflects on the ideas of in-game games.

And for zeny eating ideas, I'm thinking about it. We could always make the reseter much more costy.