heRO-Server Forum
LF> WoE Guild - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Guilds (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: LF> WoE Guild (/showthread.php?tid=17841)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: LF> WoE Guild - Antimind - 01-01-2011 01:44 PM

DB/BB - Not a problem. They get killed pretty damn quick these days. Everyone is loot greedy.

lvl85+ and exp in general - Obviously not a problem as I made two more third class chars from nil in 3 days...lmfao Until the 6th there's an ice titans event goin on where you can turn in killcount for exp from base 70 and beyond.

Rates are a big part of the reason most pserv players are terribad in comarison to officials. A lot of "WoE" players on pservs have never played rates lower than 25x. They lvl fast and don't actually take the time to learn all the tricks of the trade for their chosen class. People rely too much on guides and other peeps' advice too.

The BEST advice I can give you is to read. Read up on every card and gear in the game if you have to. Look into exactly how skills work and work out builds on calcs. A big mistake a lot of peeps make is doing everything on calc and not actually testing it. Go to a test server and work things out using what you learned on the calcs. While you can get good advice from players don't trust everything you're told.

Oh the #1 noob mistake for WoE anywhere: lack of reduction gears. You really should plan for everything. You'll want to stack up as much demi reduction as possible. Don't want your def too high or you'll be ice pick bait. Don't want your def too low or you'll be cannon fodder. Mdef is important and so is having elem reduction gear/pots. Also YOU NEED UNFROZEN. Only nabs freeze. Stun = insta-death too.

RE: ??LF> WoE Guild - thecursed - 01-01-2011 02:05 PM

Navis Wrote:
Corporal Wrote:Robots isn't dead

They still own the mosco guild hall!

It's /almost/ like owning a castle!
:@ Plans have been discovered. Actually, the guild hall is our private DB room filled with 10 Byorgues.

Sup inflation

RE: ??LF> WoE Guild - Landon - 01-02-2011 12:13 AM

Gojira Wrote:Don't you love how the map south of pront is the BB/db room? :@

GOOD TIMES, GOOD TIMES.

RE: ??LF> WoE Guild - Matrim Cauthon Jr - 01-02-2011 01:20 AM

Gojira Wrote:
Incarn Wrote:convince me it's not a hair-tearing frustration like it has been the two times i've tried to play on officials and i'll consider it. if all else fails i'll try it, i guess, but that won't be for a long time :/
there's a reason i hate DBs and BBs so much and why i love that there are DB and BB rooms here on heRO

Don't you love how the map south of pront is the BB/db room? :@

Almost makes me miss iRO Chaos & LoD farming.

RE: LF> WoE Guild - Incarn - 01-02-2011 01:44 PM

been working on unfrozen. stupid card rates and grumblegrumblegrumble.

good point you made on the pserver thing though, antimind, i'll definitely give it a lot more thought now \o/

random question; why is body relocation/snap allowed in WoE, but not backsliding?

RE:??LF> WoE Guild - Aaronock - 01-02-2011 01:53 PM

Incarn Wrote:been working on unfrozen. stupid card rates and grumblegrumblegrumble.

good point you made on the pserver thing though, antimind, i'll definitely give it a lot more thought now \o/

random question; why is body relocation/snap allowed in WoE, but not backsliding?

I've heard something about how each is coded...but I don't think that's it.
iRO wiki forums people are pretty much asking the same thing on occassion.

But personally, I'm really surprised they haven't banned Snap from WoE since 3rd classes came out. Suras have even more flexibility in skill choices/abuse than ever before...>_< *Hi dere Cursed Circe, GoH* x-x

RE: ??LF> WoE Guild - Antimind - 01-04-2011 06:51 AM

Aaronock Wrote:But personally, I'm really surprised they haven't banned Snap from WoE since 3rd classes came out. Suras have even more flexibility in skill choices/abuse than ever before...>_< *Hi dere Cursed Circe, GoH* x-x

Snap is a joke. Most suras get manholed or stunned by me w/axe boom (hell I can one-shot some of em w/axe boom). Snap is stupid easy to stop. The only thing that's got people talking bout suras atm is the amount of +9 KvM weapons floating around. Some seem to think there will be a lot more suras made for the insta gfist. Fact is most can't one-shot anything to save their lives. The ones that can will just die to reflect anyway.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: renewal sounds OP to people who've not played it. Third classes and their skills were NOT designed for pre-renewal RO. The mechanics are completely different. Nothing is OP atm and there's at least three ways to counter anything.

@ Incarn: You can learn to WoE on heRO on your own actually. First work on survivability. Go into forts and just see how long you can live. Pot your ass off and swap gears out like mad till you find exactly what you need. Then work on killing. Once you've got that down join a small guild or just grab a few friends and go cause a ruckus. When you feel you're ready look for a WoE guild find one.

Practicing on your own may even be the best route. Then you won't have any bad habbits to break. Learning with a guild can cause you to depend on other players/classes more. Thinking for yourself and knowing your class is just as important as working with and being part of the team.

RE: LF> WoE Guild - Namine - 01-04-2011 07:29 AM

People really underestimate the amount of changes that's done to stats in renewal mechanics... but no one seems to pay attention to that part of renewal. Ah well...

Though there's a point about learning WoE and whatnot and you may have bad habits, sometimes not bad to start right off with the guild and 1 class so you learn your role and do that specific job well. Know what the guild expects of you and get the teamwork aspect going.

RE: LF> WoE Guild - Antimind - 01-04-2011 08:57 PM

Learning a certain role for whatever guild is something that can be learned at any point in time. That's just a matter of taking direction well. There are a lot of players than can take direction but have no idea how the hell to play their chosen class. People who join a guild right out the door and learn only one style of play typically get set in that way. It's half being able to take direction and half being able to think for yourself. You have to be able to work for the team's overall goal without needing someone to hold your hand every step of the way.

RE: LF> WoE Guild - Seth~ - 01-07-2011 11:55 PM

I recently seen that all my WoE type of chars was kicked or I left those guilds, this isn't really a problem for me but regardless.

I am looking for a WoE/non-WoE guild with real perks (WoE is not a perk its a chore, but doable with good perks). Plz see my signature for chars that I have available.