heRO-Server Forum
Small Reward - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Small Reward (/showthread.php?tid=3941)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE:??Small Reward - Jack Skellington - 11-04-2007 02:50 PM

Bloody Wrote:Yeah, everyone benefits except those with high lvls and loads of money (Oldies) remain the same, and the new people will struggle with lower rates. Sounds like fun, let's do it No1

Exactly! Becdause if you raise the rates then the people who were hre when it started wouldn't get as much benefit because they might not be able to get exp (like if they are level 99) so it wouldn't reward those who have been here the longest. :o

RE: Small Reward - Bloody - 11-04-2007 03:00 PM

Show me 1 player on heRO with an account full of 99s and I'll support your suggestion Icon_biggrin

RE:??Small Reward - Jack Skellington - 11-04-2007 03:03 PM

Bloody Wrote:Show me 1 player on heRO with an account full of 99s and I'll support your suggestion Icon_biggrin

Um, I would, but it would be a crime, and is frowned up on in most societies.~

RE: Small Reward - Namine - 11-04-2007 04:35 PM

Bloody Wrote:I don't like increased drop rates, but 6/6/3 or 7/7/4 is ideal. But that's just me -_-'

Mr. Bloody's wish of "just one more GTB" may be granted with a magical +1 in a number though Icon_biggrin

Think Mr. Bloody's post already assembled most of the pros and cons of the suggestions so far... unless Namin? wonders if there are any new, innovative ideas or events that can somehow benefit everyone across timezones?

RE: Small Reward - Jack Skellington - 11-04-2007 04:59 PM

Um, heres an idea that hasnt been brought up yet, add another castle to woe?

(Or even go so far as to add a new day for a new castle for woe to accomodate for more members)

RE: Small Reward - Beeman - 11-04-2007 05:30 PM

More castles would make me want to have two instead of the one I currently want >.>

RE: Small Reward - Rika - 11-04-2007 06:15 PM

Baby Castle! xD Now wouldn't that be interesting at some point? I know I've participated in some baby woe's on past servers, although it does have its down points on strategies and builds. We already have a non-trans castle so it wouldn't hurt in the future.

RE: Small Reward - Beeman - 11-04-2007 06:29 PM

We used to do novice castles in the earlier days of my old server. The way that worked was only novices and first jobs could enter. But it was a little bugged out because you could transfer guild leadership to one of the first jobs and ecall everyone into the castle. So I think what we did was make it so no guild with ecall could enter or something...I don't remember how it worked out.

They eventually just took out novice castles all together.

RE: Small Reward - GM-Pandora - 11-05-2007 11:46 AM

I was expecting some far fetched ideas so I'm not offended, I'm pretty used to my fellow heroes, but I hope everyone will understand how for various reasons some are not suitable ^_^;

Setting aside Krimlin's reset and the zephy idea, as well as the cake (as yum as it sounds..) hehe

Increased rates was something special for the 2nd birthday of the server, I'd rather reserve that for very special occasion.

Extra ToH is a nice idea, but would not benefit everyone, as I'm sure lots of people would not be able to make it, or some don't have the necessary Allegiance Points. Same goes for any other events, altough GMs try to hold them regularly, no need for any special occasion to have an event ^_^

OCA are already found in good quantities with MVPing and Fishing, I don't wish to unbalance that.

As for the method of distribution, it should not be a burden on the GM, so the post in forums is not something that can be considered, a NPC in game however can distribute an item once per character or once per account and it is not hard to do.

Headgear sounds like a nice idea, props to miss Ryx's "100 hat", cute! What could the bonus be?

Btw, Miss Namine, we did have poring smash since the SVN update, you just were not there when they happened, sorry.

Baby castle I've been considering before, but we don't have enough baby-guilds to make it really entertaining for now. Also, not an idea to benefit everyone, specially since it might draw attention from the other WoE castle, thus less action.

Ideas I've been pondering..

- A food item (last 20 minutes) that gives +2 or +3 to all stats. NPC would hand 3 per character, untradable. Veterans have been here the longest, they have more characters, thus would get more, but newcomer also get a small boost.

- A custom accessory that gives +5% experience from a specific race of monsters, 1 per account only, untradable, race would be chosen randomly. Might encourage players to train somewhere else than the usual leveling spots, the randomness of the race received might balance it a little.

- A gear that gives a certain bonus whenever there are 100+ players online (not sure if it's scriptable, but sounds fun to try). Has the downside that people might make useless merchants to get the bonus.

- Going dedicated server right away, hypothetically speaking should nullify most lag for those who experience any. Server has enough donations stored to pay for a few months at least, but I was going to wait until it becomes a necessity.

RE: Small Reward - Ultima_Pi - 11-05-2007 12:17 PM

GM-Pandora Wrote:Ideas I've been pondering..

- A food item (last 20 minutes) that gives +2 or +3 to all stats. NPC would hand 3 per character, untradable. Veterans have been here the longest, they have more characters, thus would get more, but newcomer also get a small boost.

- A custom accessory that gives +5% experience from a specific race of monsters, 1 per account only, race would be chosen randomly. Might encourage players to train somewhere else than the usual leveling spots, the randomness of the race received might balance it a little.

- A gear that gives a certain bonus whenever there are 100+ players online (not sure if it's scriptable, but sounds fun to try). Has the downside that people might make useless merchants to get the bonus.

- Going dedicated server right away, hypothetically speaking should nullify most lag for those who experience any. Server has enough donations stored to pay for a few months at least, but I was going to wait until it becomes a necessity.

1 - Probably the most balanced, doesn't really overly benefit anybody of any particular subset, like vets or high levels and whatnot

2 - Tradeable? Account spam, yeah I know.

3 - My merchants aren't useless.... just becuase they hold stuff that have sentimental value doesn't mean they're useless. And yeah, merch spam.

4 - Not my money, can't really play either. >_>