heRO-Server Forum
Magic the Gathering - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Magic the Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=10073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Magic the Gathering - Général_Argos - 02-09-2010 04:21 PM

So you can instantly do twelve time the "+1:" ability then do the "-12:" an infinity of time by repeating??

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 02-09-2010 05:29 PM

You can only use one planeswalker ability per turn I believe and can be activated the turn you play it.

Think of them as almost overglorified enchantments with counters, and an ability that lets them get a counter.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Ultima_Pi - 02-09-2010 05:45 PM

See, this it the crap that makes my brain hurt and not want to play MtG anymore.

And I thought Portal was a massive WTF moment.

I remember my old school bounce deck. Was much fun X_X

RE: Magic the Gathering - Drak231 - 02-09-2010 09:53 PM

Well... they need to always innovate in each set to keep people to play. Once in a while, they also need to create a major change which affect the gameplay while keeping stuff balanced (mythic rare, planeswalker, copy of a lot of cards in another colour ->timespiral, http://www.findmagiccards.com/Cards/FS/Steamflogger_Boss.html -> I still wonder what's up wit that card, etc.) IMO, mtg is one game that, through the years, always found a way to get balanced. Even if people don't seem to agree, all pure decks (or mono decks) are as strong as each other IMO.

Edit :
Proxyt Wrote:I think we're discussing blue in standard.

I didn't see this sorry. I never played standard.

Planeswalkers ruling isn't crap either, they all got that thought up and it's pretty rare you'll be using their "full" ability.

Change of rulings may be sad sometime (like the removal of the manaburn su*** really bad), but that happens not often.

RE:??Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 02-09-2010 10:20 PM

Drak231 Wrote:IMO, mtg is one game that, through the years, always found a way to get balanced. Even if people don't seem to agree, all pure decks (or mono decks) are as strong as each other IMO.

That may be true in Legacy, Extended and EDH but not so in standard. Its a very rare thing when we have a card pool where every mono color is as good as the others. Blue as always makes a great splash color...but also is rubbish compared to the other colors if left on its own.

Also I adore planeswalkers as a card type. Nice to have something Fluffy, Balanced and Usable almost every time one is released....cept Chandra Ablaze....she is more fluffy then useable.

*Goes off into the distance imagining NekoChandra.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Général_Argos - 02-09-2010 10:31 PM

What???No more manaburn? lul

i learn something new everytime i open that thread lol

RE: ??Magic the Gathering - Drak231 - 02-09-2010 11:14 PM

Avalon_Fates Wrote:That may be true in Legacy, Extended and EDH but not so in standard.

I play Vintage.... with the restricted/banned list. I don't make decks every 3 months >.>

As for manaburn :

Mana pools now empty at the end of each step and phase, which means mana can no longer be floated from the upkeep to the draw step, nor from the declare attackers step to the declare blockers step of combat. Mana burn is eliminated as a game concept. Mana left unspent at the end of steps or phases will simply vanish, with no accompanying loss of life.

http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Magic_2010

I guess people abused of something which I don't know lol... "mana can no longer be floated from the upkeep to the draw step, nor from the declare attackers step to the declare blockers step of combat."

Maybe someone here know?

RE: Magic the Gathering - Proxyt - 02-10-2010 02:55 AM

Well it's Your Turn! Start: Untap > Upkeep > Draw

So it's not as if they floated mana from their last turn onto the draw step.
It's just mana depletes betweens each step now instead of each phase I think.

I don't think I read anything about specific shenanigans regarding it pre-M10. Forcing people to manaburn was fun, lots of people were annoyed when they took it out. Oh well, not a huge change.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Fabre - 02-10-2010 03:07 AM

ive been playing magic since alpha, and now magic isnt even magic after ma10, you cant play those cards with the old rules on account they are all over powered and do not balance with the old cards. and i understand why magic llc. has over powered cards its cause the rules for this new game with an old name, dont allow tricks or anything that made magic what magic was.??which i have always said magic is the chess of card games, it takes a good head to make strategic decks which the magic rules set and cards allowed. but now magic has sadly turned into yugio(who ever has more best cards that cost more wins). just so the new owners of magic could keep people playing and make money with the game they bought.??i wish for respect of the players and loyal, would have the dignity to just end magic strait up and tell us. instead of letting it die so terribly bad. now i am collecting all the cards i can and i still play with my group of friends and other people that still play the way magic was. and no i dont play with new cards and i dont play against them, because i play magic inc not magic llc. i mean i saw that magic was dieing in the final sets that came before becoming a different game altogether.??now i am learning pokemon, cause i need a good card game and it isnt that bad, simple,(and i know it too will one day ruin itself), but hasnt quite yet.?? luvs.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 02-10-2010 03:08 AM

Yah I even had in mind a green/red deck based off mana burning.
I can't make it now...eff you Wizards Icon_sad