heRO-Server Forum
Magic the Gathering - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Magic the Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=10073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 04-09-2010 03:41 PM

Well. The Elf deck is more of a token deck/life gaining. He combined all the best Elf's into a deck.

Money can buy you anything sigh.... almost i mean.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 04-09-2010 03:43 PM

Agreed "Sorin Markov" is a must have.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 04-09-2010 07:56 PM

You can also get that new destruction spell in the new set that kills all creatures with converted mana cost 3 or less! :D

Also most elf decks revolve around pumping a ton of mana to play several elves at once or do cute combo tricks to make a ton of tokens. The life gain ones I feel are not as powerful as any beat down version of elf decks. >_>

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 04-10-2010 03:44 AM

@Seth~ - The kind of Elf deck I want will probably include x2 Nissa Revane. I suppose she'd be part of an Elf beatdown deck?

@Aaronock- Ah, you're talking about Smother (uncommon from Worldwake) right? Creatures destroyed by it can't be regenerated either. :D

I figured I might as well post my mono-white decklist. I'm sure you'll figure out what it's supposed to do when you see it. If you see anything that should be changed, feel free to tell me. Also, I'd love to know what I could add/remove to make this deck faster, but still accomplish its main goal.

Spells (37)
Emeria Angel (Zendikar) x2
Pacifism (M10) x4
Oblivion Ring (Shards, Lorwyn) x3
Day of Judgment (Zendikar) x1
Battlegrace Angel (Shards) x4
Honor of the Pure (M10) x1
Everflowing Chalice (Worldwake) x2
Mesa Enchantress (M10) x3
Sigil of the Empty Throne (Conflux) x4
Martial Coup (Conflux) x2
Iona, Shield of Emeria (Zendikar) x1
Journey to Nowhere (Zendikar) x4
Wall of Reverence (Conflux) x1
Sunspring Expedition (Zendikar) x4
Soul Warden (M10) x1

Lands (23)
Emeria, the Sky Ruin (Zendikar) x3
Plains x20

Sideboard (13)
Everflowing Chalice (Worldwake) x1
Armored Ascension (M10) x1
Safe Passage (M10) x1
Narrow Escape (Zendikar) x4
Celestial Purge (M10) x3
White Knight (M10) x3

That's my entire deck. As I said before, any advice would be appreciated. Also, what would be good to add to this deck when they move the Alara Block to Extended in October (depending on what they release in M11 too of course)?

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 04-10-2010 10:41 AM

Nah Magister, I meant in the new set coming out Rise of the Eldrazi.??The spell I'm thinking of is called Consume the Meek!??

http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/riseoftheeldrazi/spoiler

Its definitely not as good as Damnation or Mutilate for Black Control, but its Type 2 legal so I guess this is what they have to work with.??Anyway since I have no clue what most of the newer cards are and what they do I had to sit down with the Gatherer for a bit.~

Hm, are you trying to make an enchantress deck or an Emeria Deck or a life gain deck???Whichever you are trying to do we can build the deck closer to that goal I feel.

Well the major issue looking at this deck is its expensive but other than Everflowing Chalice, has NO mana acceleration, so I decided to see what white and artifacts has to offer in terms of making sure land hits play, or gets out of you deck to your hand.??Here is a list of a few noteworthy ones:

Kor Cartographer: I don't like that he costs 4 converted mana cost but eh he does get the plains on the battlefield tapped. Zendikar Common.

Knight of the White Order: Love this card, he's basically a Tithe with a body for you to use.??At 2 White and being a 2/2 I'd highly recommend this guy to thin out your deck of lands and make sure you don't fall behind on the mana count.

Pilgrim's Eye: Eh it works, its colorless and gets a plains to your hand. Still a crappy 1/1 after that though. XD

Expedition Map: I like this one for some reason.

Armillary Sphere: Gets you two basic lands to the hand for the price of 2 and tapping it and seeing this artifact go bye bye.

Oh, if you are doing White Emeria Control, might I suggest Luminarch Ascension???If you play the right stalling cards you can wind up winning the game pretty fast by pumping out Angel Tokens.??This also is a great enchantment to work with Mesa Enchantress.??Probably would only play 1-2 copies of this card.??However if you want to go with 3-4, I'd bulk up on damage prevention cards similar to Holy Day (don't think that one is type 2 anymore).??Or anything that can keep my opponent from attacking such as Scepter of Dominance, or use the creature Blinding Mage, he's great in White Control.

Hm oh did that enchantment search card in White go out of Type 2???I'm not really sure, I don't know if they reprinted it again in M10 or whatever.

How common are monocolor decks???Is it still a bad idea to run Path to Exile???Any white control deck should consider running this if the environment is heavy with non-basic lands against the decks it is playing.

Elspeth may help a lot with your deck also, she puts creatures quickly on the battlefield and since you got that new and better Glorious Anthem, they'll stack up pretty fast in power count+damage.

I forgot to list him but if you want to play a huge lifegain deck play that dumb creature that lets you win the game if you have 40 or more life! XD

Anyway I believe you want to do Emeria Control I just listed in a few other cards to possibly help you reach that goal easier or potentially faster.??Good luck with the deck \o/

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 04-11-2010 03:30 PM

Wow, lots of great advice Aaronock. You're right, my deck is an Emeria Control deck (is that its official name then?).

The cards you listed should be pretty easy for me to get, aside from the Elspeth and Paths. >.< xD And the card you're thinking of (the 40-Life winning one) is Felidar Sovereign.

You're right though, this deck does lack speed (which seems to me to be the problem at the moment) to beat some of the faster decks.

I'll try these ideas out and see what happens. Thanks a bunch.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Ultima_Pi - 04-11-2010 05:11 PM

All these new bigass creatures make my ancient school Phyrexian Dreadnaught feel small inside.

I like that All is Dust card. B>that.

*has totally not kept up with all this crap

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 04-11-2010 07:15 PM

Jen you play type 1 casual it sounds like, so please play Mutilate or Damnation. The latter is WRATH OF GOD FOR BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 04-12-2010 12:36 AM

A friend of mine just built me a new Type 1 (or Extended if you prefer) deck. It's a red/white Bushido deck. All the cards in it are from the Kamigawa Block, with the exception of four of the Land cards.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 04-12-2010 02:51 AM

Well Magister that elf deck has "Nissa Revane" in it, but he wins before that one is in play. Since he never really used it yet.

Your white deck looks quite nice, -Q- how is your life gaining?

Ultima isn't Phyrexian Dreadnaught weird/expensive/good.