heRO-Server Forum
Magic the Gathering - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Magic the Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=10073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 04-12-2010 09:11 AM

Thanks, I had help building that one as well. As for the life gaining, it depends on what I draw in my opening hand and then the first few turns after it. I manage to draw at least one Sunspring in my opening hand, at most has been two so far.

Later on, once I can get Battlegrace and/or Wall of Reverence out, then my life starts going up like crazy (unless I get burned like crazy xD). But as I mentioned before, my deck isn't fast enough to last against most of the better Type 2 decks (Naya, Jund, Red Deck Wins, Blue/White Ally Mill) yet.

My white deck is basically what Aaronock called it earlier, an Emeria Control deck. A lot of cards to keep my opponent from attacking while I gain life with Sunspring, Battlegrace, Soul Warden, and Wall; and pump out tokens with Sigil of the Empty Throne. At the same time, I can use those creatures to get rid of his.

When that fails, Day of Judgment or Martial Coup help a ton.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 04-12-2010 09:57 AM

Oh, when you start to change out creatures and spells in your deck if you plan to do so one trick I remember we do a lot when we're making decks is to set things by their cost.

Like put all the things costing 1 mana in one row, then another row for 2 mana costing things, and so on and so forth.

With that you now know the "curve" of your deck, essentially, when is it you are starting to cast your best spells, or completing your combo, etc. When is it you think you should win the game?

Now the idea is to make sure you know when you're ending a game. Emeria control is a late game deck, but that means your early game set up is all the more important too.

So yah try to cut down when making your deck on some of the more expensive creatures/spells that you feel you can live without now that you got changes going in. I won't tell you what to cut out, I think you'll be able to figure it out pretty well once you set up and figure out the curve of your deck. Icon_razz

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 04-13-2010 06:29 AM

I did notice that a good number of my spells are costing four or five mana to use.

The earliest I can get a creature on my field is turn one, which is not good because I only have one creature that costs one white mana in my deck. Which means most of the time I won't have a creature out until at least turn three. A lot of the faster decks can kill me by then. x_x

I'm going to be looking at my deck a little later on (it's still early where I live) and see what I should do about it.

RE:??Magic the Gathering - Ultima_Pi - 04-13-2010 07:49 AM

Seth~ Wrote:Ultima isn't Phyrexian Dreadnaught weird/expensive/good.

See, I stopped officially collecting (i.e. buying) at Visions. That's well before heRO even existed, and probably a bit before the internet really took hold of everything under the sun. I took a look at Portal and pretty much gave up on MtG then. Unglued was lulz, but yeah.

I built red/black weenie deck with this sucker, and pwnt people like mad. My absolute favorite card evar, Marton Stromgaled plus a little bit of trample made for over 9000 damage. Of course, now I can't find said deck, which makes me sad.

My personal favorite deck was a blue bounce/ping deck semi-revolving around Cowardice.

My old mono-white anti-red/black routinely put me at 200+ life. Congregate still gives me lulz when I think about it. And the obvious Wrath of God/False Prophet.

I've never been too successful with green, probably 'cause I get lousy opening hands, even with billions of mana producing elves. Never been good with rainbow decks either, could never get under 100 card decks.

/ramble

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 04-13-2010 05:56 PM

Wow old magic player i c, some very nice game winning cards you put up there.

Some of my favorites < not plane walkers Aaronock > but nice.

Mad

No Mercy, Sanguine Blood (as I previously said my white decks strategy), magus of the Moat (nice in any flying deck), Eight-an-a-Half-Tails and Boon Reflection.

Love

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 04-13-2010 05:58 PM

TBH I am not fully versed in the newer rules of Magic, I kind of stopped caring when they changed the rules in M10.

I couldn't even fully tell you how to play a Planeswalker, but I got a general idea of how it works, and can still probably tell you if it would work or not in a deck. x)

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 04-14-2010 01:42 AM

LOL, another old time magic fan. i c. Well the new sets is more powerful and sometimes easier to play with. But I understand your nostalgia.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 04-14-2010 04:35 AM

Nothing is more funny then the Enduring Renewal combo and burning someone for 1 half a billion times.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 04-14-2010 01:37 PM

Crap, I think I've seen that combo before, but never heard the name mentioned. It wouldn't have anything to do with Thopters now would it?

Planeswalkers are really annoying if you don't take care of them early on. You want them out of the game before they can get the Planeswalker's biggest ability to go off. That, or use Pithing Needle.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 04-14-2010 01:41 PM

Pithing Needle, O-Ring, burn the craps out of them, bounce them, all sorts of ways to kill/stop the dorkish things.