heRO-Server Forum
Magic the Gathering - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Magic the Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=10073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Magic the Gathering - Ultima_Pi - 04-14-2010 01:42 PM

I pwnt someone with a 20/22 Ornithopter before.

FROM 4TH EDITION. Wtf is this 10th edition shit, ffs.

/random

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 04-19-2010 02:26 AM

I just came back from the Rise of the Eldrazi Pre-Release awhile ago. I pulled a non-foil version of the promo card (Emrakul, the Aeons Torn; also got the Promo version of course), two rare black cards (one I traded, the other is Thought something, I forget the rest), the white card that causes creatures to take damage equal to their power when they attack, Mul-Daya Channelers, and a two red-mana Level-Up Mythic whose name I forget. xD

Then I traded all but the black Thought creature and a Polymorph for Jace the Mind Sculptor, Celestial Colonnade, and Omnath, Locus of Mana.

So what do you guys think? Did I get ripped (money-wise I know I didn't; I'm talking about usefulness of course)?

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 04-19-2010 07:37 AM

I would have done that nearly for just the Jace the Mind Sculptor o_o

RE: Magic the Gathering - mindfairy - 04-19-2010 07:09 PM

based on what i think you traded, and what you got back, you made a great deal. Jace is valued at $50, conalade is towards $10, and Omnath is a good green card, so you made a great deal.
(and if the black card was perish the thought, then you traded away a dollar rare and a 10 cent common)
(and if it was thought gorger, it's another dollar rare)

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 04-20-2010 05:21 AM

A overpowered deck:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/deck/432

I need "Everflowing Chalice" sigh.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 04-20-2010 06:21 AM

Overpowered and expensive as heck. The new white Planeswalker is valued at $40 I believe. The foil is worth even more.

My red/green pre-release deck I built Sunday did pretty good. I managed to get Emrakul out about 2 out of 6 matches. Even when he wasn't out, I had low-cost creatures to pound my opponents into submission with. xD

As for Jace the Mind Sculptor, how would I modify a Flyover Into Pack (Intro Deck really) from Worldwake to make use of him?

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 05-10-2010 06:03 AM

Hehe i'm running a Green Blue polymorph deck recently...now all my gangs 5 person or higher multigames is atually 4 or more vs me.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 05-10-2010 10:34 PM

Wow, four on one? o.o I doubt I could last five minutes in a game like that. xD Then again, I do know firsthand how strong Polymorph decks can be.

I no longer have Jace, the Mind Sculptor. I traded him for some cards I needed for my decks.

On another note, I have a red/green Eldrazi deck I'd like to get some opinions on. If you guys have the time to look, I'd like to post it.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 05-11-2010 12:15 AM

Post away~

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 05-12-2010 03:05 AM

Okay then, here's the current form of the deck.

Spells (37)
Mul-Daya Channelers x1
Emrakul's Hatcher x2
Kozilek's Predator x3
Nest Invader x1
Flame Slash x2
Splinter Twin x1
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn x1
Growth Spasm x3
Heat Ray x2
Brood Birthing x3
Forked Bolt x2
Searing Blaze x2
Joraga Treespeaker x3
Chandra Ablaze x2
It That Betrays x1
Spawning Breath x4
Hand of Emrakul x3
Lightning Bolt x2

Land (24)
Forest x7
Mountain x10
Khalni Garden x2
Kazandu Refuge x3
Eye of Ugin x1
Eldrazi Temple x1

Sideboard (13)
Everflowing Chalice x2
Splinter Twin x1
It That Betrays x1
Hedron Matrix x1
Artisan of Kozilek x1
Might of the Masses x2
Broodwarden x1
Brood Birthing x1
Heat Ray x2
Nest Invader x1

And that's pretty much it. I'm trying to make the deck a bit faster than it already is. My main problem right now is trying to get enough Eldrazi Spawn tokens or regular creatures out on the battlefield. That, and I want to try and pull out Emrakul fast. I'm sure that I'll need three more Eldrazi Temple's and three more Eye of Ugin's as well.

Chandra Ablaze is in there to try and help with that. Using her first ability, I could discard one of my red Spawn token-producing Instants or Sorceries, then play it (and any other red Instants or Sorceries already in my Graveyard, providing I can keep Chandra Ablaze alive long enough) for free two turns later.

Any help with making this deck faster and more competitive would be very much appreciated.