heRO-Server Forum
Magic the Gathering - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Magic the Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=10073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 07-26-2010 07:56 AM

Me too but when your playing combo decks counters are like the Big Bad guy at the end of a book.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 07-26-2010 10:46 AM

Yeah, blue did get a big boost with the release of M11. Mana Leak was reprinted (I myself don't know which set it originally came from), as were the Planeswalkers and many other cards.

I personally like the Titans they released in M11. Frost Titan would be a good addition to a blue/white control deck. For six mana (two blue and four colorless) you play a creature that forces your opponent to tap a creature on their field when it's played or when it attacks. In addition, any spell your opponent plays that targets Frost Titan is automatically countered unless they pay two more mana. So unless they play spells that wipe the board like Day of Judgement, it'll be hard to get rid of if you can counter their other stuff.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Kari Nogashi - 07-26-2010 01:02 PM

i have a framed call of the wild circa 1994 (green btw) card signed by richard garfield. s> 200m zeny XD j/k i can't sell that. i havent kept up with the m11 release but i heard something about a focus on counter magics and land destroying cards. is that true?

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 07-26-2010 01:29 PM

Sounds like an annoying block coming up if its those two things lol.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 07-26-2010 08:18 PM

With how much Land Destruction and Counter have been nerfed in the last year or so they are making up to them by fixing those two archtypes.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 07-27-2010 11:35 AM

There are a good deal of control cards in M11. I can't name all of them off the top of my head (as I haven't seen the entire set yet), but I will name the ones that I can.

Silence, Negate, Cancel, Redirect, Frost Titan (yes, I'm including him), Day of Judgement, Ice Cage, Blinding Mage, Conundrum Sphinx, and Jace Beleren are the ones I can name off the top of my head. That's not many though. x_x Sad, since I'm making a blue/white Control deck.

I have seen a red card that destroys land. I believe it's called Destructive Force. It's a Sorcery that you pay 7 (two red and five colorless) mana to cast. Each player sacrifices 5 lands and Destructive Force deals 5 damage to each creature.

Another card that's good for getting around creatures with shroud.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Shikari - 07-27-2010 11:44 AM

btw guys i have a question about an older card, "Wild Pair"- [Enchantment: Whenever a creature comes into play, if you played it from your hand, you may search your library for a creature card with the same total power and toughness and put it into play. If you do, shuffle your library.], now if I have 2 in play at the same time, would I look for 2 monsters or only one?

RE: Magic the Gathering - Kari Nogashi - 07-27-2010 01:05 PM

i think only 1. you could google it but im almost sure that the intention was for just one.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 07-27-2010 08:52 PM

Its not many but the quality of the spells increased. And you totally forgot Mana Leak and its proably the most powerful counter in a long while.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 07-28-2010 12:13 PM

Ugh, I feel like an idiot. I did forget Mana Leak, and I run four of it in my deck.

Another good card is Leyline of Anticipation. It gives all cards in your hand Flash.