heRO-Server Forum
Magic the Gathering - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Magic the Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=10073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Magic the Gathering - SkyStormKuja - 09-30-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:you guys are all about standard which I find boooooooooooooring!~
I've never played standard ever until the recent pre-release. O= There's so many awesome combos with legacy and vintage. *_*

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 09-30-2010 01:21 PM

Responding to Aaronock's remark. I do not even have a Standard deck, and the Scars of Mirrodin pre-release event inspired me to try and make a standard deck.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Silk - 09-30-2010 04:52 PM

Vintage for the win. xP

RE:??Magic the Gathering - Sepharius - 09-30-2010 05:00 PM

Silk Wrote:Vintage for the win. xP

I use Gleemax on your face. I win.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Silk - 10-01-2010 08:02 AM

Meh. Counterspell. Whistle

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 10-01-2010 11:23 AM

Negate the Counterspell? xD

RE: Magic the Gathering - Sepharius - 10-01-2010 11:49 AM

Obliterate!!

RE: Magic the Gathering - Silk - 10-01-2010 12:46 PM

Negate? xP If you mean use Gleemax to switch the target to itself, you can't use a card's abilities until it's in play. Counters happen before the ability can be activated.

If you mean another card, I'll counter that too. XD

RE:??Magic the Gathering - Sepharius - 10-01-2010 01:26 PM

Silk Wrote:If you mean another card, I'll counter that too. XD

You can't counter Obliterate. Something that my Azorius fanboy friend found out quite the hard way when facing a Rakdos/mixed-red deck.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 10-01-2010 05:54 PM

Well you can't counter it...but you could use TIME STOP on it. :D
Yah Time Stop is some crazy stuff. Ending the turn /= Countering!
Other fun counter spells are Daze and

Oh my next deck I'm making will be a blue/white deck involving playing insanely overpowered creature enchantments. I'll be getting them into play essentially free with Iridescent Drake, Academy Researchers, Hakim, this 1 white 3/3 griffin that needs an enchantment out and some other crap that will make the deck flow well. The enchantment creatures I'll play are Zephid's Embrace, Gigantiform, and Eldrazi Conscription/

Pretty obvious how this works if you know what the cards do. Basically get the guys out and beat them down in 1-2 turns once the enchantments are on them. Yes yes I'll be running counterspells and swords to plowshares to make sure strategy pulls through. Shouldn't be too bad. :]

I've been considering remaking my Future Sight enchantment deck again too. That one was mega fun, and a few cards from the newer sets could make it run even better than before. I thought about putting in green for a couple of its enchantments but Future Sight costs 3 Blue making it a hard thing to think about doing. Icon_razz