heRO-Server Forum
Magic the Gathering - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Magic the Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=10073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Magic the Gathering - Silk - 10-01-2010 10:10 PM

I wasn't responding to you, Chris. xP Was a response to Magi's comment. I'm well aware of the restrictions on Obliterate. XD

RE: Magic the Gathering - Sepharius - 10-01-2010 10:16 PM

In that case, I cast DAMNATION. On your soul. \o/

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 10-02-2010 02:48 AM

Then we'll just end up countering until one of us either runs out of counters in hand or mana to cast them. xD

I got a pack of Scars today, but I didn't pull what I wanted. I did pull another dual land though. So now I have three different dual lands from Scars of Mirrodin.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Silk - 10-02-2010 06:03 AM

xP Nice, nice.

I don't use duel lands too often. Aside from Signets. Sure, I know they're useful. But generally I go for basics and Hideaway lands. XD

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 10-02-2010 09:14 AM

Hi Time Stop ends counter wars.
Last Word helps too.

There are a couple of other good ones too like Venser (the Time Spiral Block one) I think can return the spell to hand.

They've made it easier for other colors also to handle counters because decks are just so much faster and more aggro/creature based than before in the Standard and Extended formats. :s

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 10-03-2010 03:21 AM

That's very true. The majority of decks at the place I go to are aggro/creature based. I only know a few people (including myself) who use control decks of any kind.

@Silk: Hideaway lands? Crap, I feel like I should know what those are.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 10-03-2010 09:20 AM

Its very good though in Standard that they brought back Man O' War...oh I mean uh, Aether Adept. I remember thinking in Zendikar and Lorwyn block that Blue really needed that.

Mana Leak also is going to help tons for blue. On top of that Magic went and made an Artifact block. Blue will dominate this format because of this now. Icon_razz

Btw my bf and I guess it will involve Prototype Portal+Mox Opal combo. :]

RE: Magic the Gathering - Silk - 10-03-2010 09:12 PM

There's a Hideaway land for each color. xP THis is an example:

[Image: windbrisk_heights.jpg]

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 10-04-2010 02:05 PM

Hey Magi and Silk, just to refresh my memory (I can go into archives but...). What decks do you 2 tend to build? I can not like build a successful non-black deck, aka I got affinity for black stuff.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 10-04-2010 02:35 PM

@Aaronock: Yeah, but the question is how many Mox Opal's? I'm actually thinking of building a blue/white Myr deck with a little control built in it.

@Silk: Yup, I knew it. I've seen that one before, I just forgot what it was. x_x I feel so stupid. xD

@Seth~: Hmm. I tend to build mainly around the colors blue, white, and green. My first Magic deck (after a very long hiatus) was a blue/green Landfall deck that was pretty decent. Then someone helped me build a mono-white control deck which did okay (it relied on quite a few enchantments though). I did have a blue/white control deck until I broke it up recently, so I could try to build my current deck project. Like I told Aaronock, I'm trying to build a blue/white Myr deck with a little control mixed in.

As far as Extended went, I had two decks. A red/white Bushido deck built with cards from Kamigawa Block, and a Affinity deck built with cards from Mirrodin Block (which is no longer in Extended now).