heRO-Server Forum
Magic the Gathering - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Magic the Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=10073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 10-11-2010 12:04 PM

xD. Magi: sorry to ask why do you like kamigawa so much? Which deck did you build?

Fates: *i feel puny*, whats your reasons?

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 10-11-2010 12:50 PM

You know, I like the idea behind the arcane spells, why don't they ever build more upon that? I'm tired of them recycling...cycling. >.>

Or or or...well I don't mind if we get more flashback spells!

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 10-11-2010 09:37 PM

It had a small amount of amazingly overpowered cards and the rest...kinda lame. Like they were cool fluff wise but~~~ I don't wanna think about it >...>~

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 10-11-2010 11:00 PM

@Seth~: Well, the Kamigawa Block was very interesting to play with. The Japanese-esque design of the Block was another big reason. I myself had a red/white Bushido deck, which did okay. It had the only card in it (at least, that I know of) that could remove all creatures on the field from the game, Final Judgment. The Arcane spells were really fun to mess around with too.

I agree with Aaronock though, they could've made more Arcane spells. Some of them would actually be very interesting in today's Type II decks. Cycling is getting reprinted too much IMO. Flashback would be okay, but I'd prefer if they reprinted (or made new ones) Arcane spells.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 10-12-2010 03:50 AM

I understand your point Fates kamigawa rares was not as strong as the newer blocks. However I loved it since I made my first deck from it, a black blue Spirit + arcane raming deck, with Thief of Hope; Sire of the Storm; Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar; Kiri-Onna and Kemuri-Onna the main idea behind the deck.

I like wanna buy/trade a Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar and a Choice of Damnations. Then I'd consider my Spirit deck complete.

Regarding the "Japanese-esque design" I was sadly disappointed when the new block came out Mirroden I think.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 10-12-2010 10:43 PM

Do you mean Scars of Mirrodin? If so, I'd have to agree with you.

My Myr deck needs more support, and unfortunately there's not enough in Scars (or the other Type II sets) to make it a competitive deck yet.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 10-13-2010 12:01 AM

No I mean the block after kamikawa (mirrodin, dark steel and the other one), but now that you mention it the remake of mirrodin is not much better.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 10-13-2010 10:24 PM

Oh, you meant Mirrodin, Darksteel, and Fifth Dawn. That block was actually okay in terms of artifact & artifact support. My Affinity deck was built with nothing but cards from that block (it had all Artifact Lands, no Basic), and it was pretty good.

So far, Scars has actually been a disappointment to me in regards to artifacts and artifact support. Like I said in my last post, there's not enough Myr support for my deck at present.

I hope they reprint Tezzeret in the future. Type II Artifacts need Planeswalker support.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 10-14-2010 03:16 AM

xD, you mix and match players that likes all and dislikes few.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 10-14-2010 06:50 AM

Type II artifacts does NOT need Tezz.
If you give Tezz to artifact decks, you're are skewing that format to not have much deck variety. I guess fighting 50 gajillion artifact decks is totally fun though. *sarcasm alert*

There is plenty of support for artifacts, Myr will no doubt get more support as the format continues. Shape Anew is silly enough as a replacement Tinker for the format that isn't restricted, I'm just surprised they didn't reprint Darksteel Colossus, but I guess Platinum Angel would work too for being just as annoying to deal with. xD

It seems to me that this artifact block is full of actual control cards again like Ratchet Bomb. Reprinting of Mana Leak and a Man o' War variant point signs to control aspects too. Taking out Ball Lightning shows they are slowing Red DOWN, and I imagine there are countless other cards I'm missing. Discard in Black got a boost with a now 2 to play Megrim variant in M11...list goes on. Its about time for a more control based environment anyway in Standard, there hasn't really been one since Time Spiral block, however I honestly believe they should strive for an environment in Standard that supports decks on either side of this spectrum and all the stuff in between.

Wizards is being careful I think this artifact block, they have had problems with them in the past (Mirrodin block and Antiquities set). Maybe they'll prove me wrong in the next two sets, but I hope they won't. :3