heRO-Server Forum
Magic the Gathering - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Magic the Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=10073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 12-29-2010 12:16 AM

Congratulations, is in order in that case.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 02-02-2011 01:33 AM

Mirrodin Besieged pre-release event was crowded and my decks got little improvements /sigh

RE: Magic the Gathering - Whispers - 02-02-2011 02:41 AM

I have a vampire deck that used to rape until my friend went to every hobby store he could find and spent his entire paycheck on mythic rares.??So, now he just has this ridiculous deck that is nearly impossible to beat.

He has this one card that reads something to the effect of, "Discard this card to your draw pile, shuffle, and take another turn."??So, he keeps this card the entire game on the off-chance that he has worn his deck to nil.??When his deck is worn to naught, he attacks, discards, draws the one card remaining (which is the one that let's him take another turn BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY ONE LEFT), and repeats.

It's a bitch.??He only did that because he never beat my vampire deck.??D:

I haven't played in forever, though.??I'm sure all of my decks aren't what they used to be by today's standards.??=\

RE: Magic the Gathering - Seth~ - 02-03-2011 03:13 AM

Nice, like maybe don't tell him this but I've heard of a similar combo with mindslaver, that allows your opponent to control your turn. So the player rarely gets a chance to play.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 02-03-2011 08:14 AM

Artifact decks got the fodder they finally needed to be top deck/broken deck I think from the new set.

There is a small chance control black/blue comes back with it from some of the cards that came out, and white weenie is my third guess of deck types to potentially beat.

We'll see though, most decks in this day and age have wound up being multicolor in the deck lists from high end tournament play. My guess with the artifact deck is that one will try to play multicolor mix of black/red/blue and play the best artifacts. x)

RE:??Magic the Gathering - Vahn_ashwood - 05-29-2011 10:40 AM

Whispers Wrote:I have a vampire deck that used to rape until my friend went to every hobby store he could find and spent his entire paycheck on mythic rares.??So, now he just has this ridiculous deck that is nearly impossible to beat.

He has this one card that reads something to the effect of, "Discard this card to your draw pile, shuffle, and take another turn."??So, he keeps this card the entire game on the off-chance that he has worn his deck to nil.??When his deck is worn to naught, he attacks, discards, draws the one card remaining (which is the one that let's him take another turn BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY ONE LEFT), and repeats.

It's a bitch.??He only did that because he never beat my vampire deck.??D:

I haven't played in forever, though.??I'm sure all of my decks aren't what they used to be by today's standards.??=\
well, I hate to be a rulebook toting nerd, but this is a uncontrollable infinite combo, which causes the game to be a draw, not him winnin. if someones deck has such a combo inside it, they either can remove that combo or not play it out.

RE: Magic the Gathering - iSpam - 06-14-2011 03:08 AM

pacifism > all >:D

RE: Magic the Gathering - Shikari - 06-14-2011 07:59 AM

I need tips on monster/enchantment/sorcery/instant distribution for an EDH style deck ._., feel like i have too many monsters at 43 (not including the general) can anyone help? xD

RE: Magic the Gathering - iSpam - 06-14-2011 08:14 AM

it's been a long while since i played this card game, i only got one question : are the old cards(one with old frames) allowed to be played with the new cards?

RE: Magic the Gathering - Shikari - 06-14-2011 02:04 PM

Not in most tourneys. In EDH and friendly games its allowed, vintage I think it's called.