heRO-Server Forum
Magic the Gathering - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Magic the Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=10073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 02-08-2010 03:51 AM

Personally having gotten 2 Jaces at the prerelease, trading not draws #_# (90+ boosters no mythics thus far) Im rather lucky to have gotten a chance to play test the guy without throwing 100$ at cardboard.??The thing i've found about him, Is thus far i've never regretted playing him, The ability to Fateseal someone who is low on lands or constantly drawing the top 3 and choosing the best answer to something is amazingly good. Not 50$ good but still good. (Tho baneslayer being 50$ is just stupid. If it had shroud fair enough but its too freaken easy to kill to be worth a 50$ note on its own.)

Anyways gotten my Chandra's and Elspeths now so I got a kickass Angelfire deck (UWr) Rolling.

P.S Comet Storm is a ton of fun to play. <3 Instant Multitarget Burn

P.P.S Emeria, The Sky Ruin is a great card, and Iona loves it but I find monowhite has too much Hate in the meta to survive at the present time. Nya~

RE: Magic the Gathering - Drak231 - 02-08-2010 08:06 PM

My favorite deck to play = artifact. Considering no one play with Shatterstorm, every land = artifact lands + some cards like these :

Tinker+ Darksteel Colossus
Mycosynth Golem
Cranial plating

And a lot more =D

I'm currently building a red+black deck and a life deck (Felidar sovereign + Test of endurance)

I can do a listing of some decks I've got everything stored on my computer.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 02-08-2010 09:21 PM

I got stomped by an artifact deck the other week. Guy kept using cards that let him take extra turns. x__x

Are there really no good white counterspells?

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 02-08-2010 09:48 PM

Um, Mana Tithe is pretty cool from Time Spiral...
But really white isn't about countering, its not like white can't stop something that hits the field...really...

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 02-09-2010 02:12 AM

Hindering light is Blue-White...thats really about it for decent white counter spells. Heck blue still wants decent counterspells, we have like Essence Scatter, Negate....uh...thats it >.>

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 02-09-2010 02:17 AM

They are trying to push away from counter more in blue as I said earlier and push more for bounce instead.

The problem is there are not enough non land permanent bounce spells to make this worthwhile.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 02-09-2010 02:35 AM

Don't worry wizards ill just bounce that x=15 Comet Storm aiming for my face....

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 02-09-2010 02:48 AM

Ah that's right...they haven't made redirection abilities in blue for some time now huh?

Or a card like Venser in Time Spiral Block...
They should have remade Sunken Hope in M10 but didn't for some reason which also doesn't give blue a passive bounce and I'm sorry new Jace Planeswalker won't fix that prob anytime soon.

We could just say that they are trying to force the game more to be played with more than one color but eh I dunno since I don't play really in T2. ;O

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 02-09-2010 03:12 AM

To be fair they are to busy giving black more and more great cards then worry about allowing MonoBlue to be actually playable in standard.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Drak231 - 02-09-2010 09:15 AM

IMO, all decks can be pretty balanced. For instance, I couldn't say I have a better deck than the other between my 5 pure decks.