heRO-Server Forum
Magic the Gathering - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Magic the Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=10073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE:??Magic the Gathering - Général_Argos - 02-09-2010 09:16 AM

Drak231 Wrote:My white deck :

[...]

Awe Strike X2

I tought I was the only one in the world to like that white common.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Magister Magi - 02-09-2010 09:34 AM

I noticed that about black cards too. The two black Into Packs (or Decks, if you prefer) from Zendikar and Worldwake make Vampire decks way too strong. I bought the Unstable Terrain Intro Pack from Zendikar (blue/green), and it worked okay, but totally sucked against Vampire decks (even after modifying it quite a bit).

Although my mono white could probably last a good bit against it. Pro black creatures and Instants that exile target black or red creature from the game.

RE: ??Magic the Gathering - Drak231 - 02-09-2010 10:38 AM

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
Drak231 Wrote:My white deck :

[...]

Awe Strike X2

I tought I was the only one in the world to like that white common.??

Icon_razz

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 02-09-2010 11:04 AM

Mono colored decks in standard *strengthwise* are.

1.Mono Black
2.Mono Red
3.Mono Green
4.Mono White
5.Mono Blue

Thats not to say a mono blue player cant win against mono black. Its just alot harder and is more about the players skills then the quality of cards they have to work with.

TT_TT Stop releasing cards that screw over Emeria, The Sky Ruin control dam you wizards.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Général_Argos - 02-09-2010 11:20 AM

Yea, mono blue is probably the hardest, since those decks always lack good creatures (in term of power/toughness vs mana cost) wich are the base of any "nub"-deck. A mono-blue needs to play tricky. But thats no secret, it was intended this way.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Avalon_Fates - 02-09-2010 11:26 AM

Now they lack good counterspells too. And white has the better flying critters...so they have.

Sphinx of Jar Isel...
Both Jaces.
Mindspring..
a few good bounce spells.
a 5 mana card to draw 2.
uh...

RE: Magic the Gathering - Général_Argos - 02-09-2010 11:38 AM

What is shroud?

How those new cards work???Like only toughness, no power but

"+2" bla bla bla

"0" bla bla bla

"-2" bla bla bla

"-9000" bla bla bla

RE: Magic the Gathering - Aaronock - 02-09-2010 01:07 PM

Shroud=can't be targeted by effects or abilities

Wait, let's not forget Twincast Fates, didn't it get reprinted?
I see that new merfolk rogue that can copy a spell in a graveyard being pretty fun, and then twin casting it on top of that *-*

Then yah...we got the bounce+tap abilities in blue that are actually worth a crap, but still no sunken hope or Man o' War type cards to work with. Give Blue those and you might see mono blue pop up again.

RE: Magic the Gathering - Drak231 - 02-09-2010 03:18 PM

I don't agree about this. I love blue.. Always drawing, controlling other creatures, counterspelling, wash out-ing...

Edit : Flow of Ideas is better than mind spring IMO

RE: Magic the Gathering - Proxyt - 02-09-2010 03:42 PM

I think we're discussing blue in standard.

Mono blue in particular is very weak at the moment. Splashed with other colors it isn't so bad, but it's draw, counters, and creatures aren't half as good as they were last block.

Not sure what I'll do in standard. Haven't played since my kithkin pals rotated. I made a Green/White Deck with some ramp, knight of reliquaries, thornlings, and got 2 baneslayers, and some planeswalkers. But it still can't beat Jund most of the time so I haven't bothered going to tournaments with it.

@GeneralArgos
The new planeswalker cards are treated as permanent spells that you control, they have their own type "planeswalker", and are not creatures, but considered players. Bottom right hand side will be a number, usually 3-4. Means it starts with that much "loyalty" aka life. +1: do this, -2: do this, -9: do this.
Add a loyalty counter to it, to get that effect. -2 counters, -9, etc. You can attack the planeswalker or your opponent with your creatures, but the opponent can block for the planeswalker.