heRO-Server Forum
Change the Length of Sunday WoE - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Change the Length of Sunday WoE (/showthread.php?tid=10985)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Change the Length of Sunday WoE - Amara - 08-10-2009 01:39 AM

What do you guys think about changing Sunday WoE length to an hour?

I personally would like to see this done. I think the competition would be more steady and fierce if it was compacted into an hour, like Wednesday's. I also think more people would show up since it wasn't a two hour long ordeal where most of the first half was nothing happening anyway. I'm curious as to why there's a two hour WoE in the first place. Is there a real reason for it? Anyway, just a suggestion I'd like to hear other people's opinions on.

RE: Change the Length of Sunday WoE - Avalon_Fates - 08-10-2009 01:53 AM

Note Rant at page 4

RE: Change the Length of Sunday WoE - The Legendary Joe - 08-10-2009 02:00 AM

Wouldn't Mind Re-opening Geffen either.

RE: Change the Length of Sunday WoE - Kelta - 08-10-2009 02:08 AM

i'd like to see it end after an hour, without the initial start time changing :x

either that, or increase wed woe to 2 hours. because its kinda weird to have two woes at two different time lengths

RE: Change the Length of Sunday WoE - GM-Ayu - 08-10-2009 02:18 AM

you probably won't get any answer for this thread from GMs until Pandora is back from holiday, mind you~

RE: Change the Length of Sunday WoE - Nidsrule - 08-10-2009 02:39 AM

Amara Wrote:What do you guys think about changing Sunday WoE length to an hour?

I personally would like to see this done.??I think the competition would be more steady and fierce if it was compacted into an hour, like Wednesday's.??I also think more people would show up since it wasn't a two hour long ordeal where most of the first half was nothing happening anyway.??I'm curious as to why there's a two hour WoE in the first place.??Is there a real reason for it???Anyway, just a suggestion I'd like to hear other people's opinions on.

2 hour WoE originated on officials. It was never designed to be only 1 hour long.

I don't see how shortening it is going to make competition more fierce. People have 2 hours to turn up to WoE and if they only want to WoE for an hour then they are free to turn up an hour late (or leave an hour early, w/e). The only people it "inconveniences" are those that are defending and that's just something you have to deal with.

The suggestion of reopening geffen seems like a bit of a step backwards in terms of igniting fiercer competition. If anything, closing another castle (or even reducing it to 1) would result in a more interesting experience. Doubt it will ever happen, but it would be a lot more interesting.

RE: Change the Length of Sunday WoE - Avalon_Fates - 08-10-2009 03:09 AM

That would ruin newer guilds.

RE: Change the Length of Sunday WoE - Quesadilla - 08-10-2009 03:23 AM

During the two-hour WoE, there is no competition during the first hour 90% of the time. The last hour is usually where it starts to pick up and actually be important. Personally that first hour seems kinda useless.

RE: Change the Length of Sunday WoE - Zaratus - 08-10-2009 07:00 AM

I would prefer to have it shortened for one hour. Reasons were already listed.

Edit: 2 hours isn't only a problem for the defenders. Attacker normally have to use MUCH stuff (like pots/fish, EDP etc etc) to break through a serious defense. This just demotivates people and makes WoE much more expensive. Basically the attackers can just stay away the first hour because they burn money for something they maybe can't defend for like 1 1/2 hours. Sometimes only a "last minute" take makes them able to get a castle - so why should they bother to attack 2 hours long? Though the defenders have to stay all the two hours long so nobody can burn down the eco or take the castle with a one man army.

So both sides kinda lose something from it, to sum it up:
Attackers: Money and time if they attack all the time, if they don't attack all the time (just coming for the last 30 minutes or so), 2 hours WoE is senseless.
Defenders: Time and maybe eco since they have to defend all the time.

In my opinion one hour WoE would make the fights a bit better. Additionally some people are like "oh no, 2 hours, I won't come to sunday WoE". I prefer Wednesday WoE for it being 1 hour only, sadly it is in a horrible time for Europe.

RE: Change the Length of Sunday WoE - Ellie - 08-10-2009 07:19 AM

An hour would be better.

Why reopen Geffen? << As it is, half the time Payon is ignored these days.

And change Alde to a different time, darnit. XD