heRO-Server Forum
What Movie or DVD have you seen recently? - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Movies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: What Movie or DVD have you seen recently? (/showthread.php?tid=12766)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: What Movie or DVD have you seen recently? - Huntress - 04-10-2013 10:28 AM

Studio Ghibli are the awesomest! ^_^ I recently watched From Up on Poppy Hill, so nice as always.

RE:??What Movie or DVD have you seen recently? - Sen - 04-10-2013 11:37 AM

Huntress Wrote:Studio Ghibli are the awesomest! ^_^ I recently watched From Up on Poppy Hill, so nice as always.

UUUU- You just reminded me to watch that. Have been planning since like, last year but never got around to doing it.

Well, recently re-watched Ghibli movies. Whisper of The Heart will always be ♥♥♥

RE: What Movie or DVD have you seen recently? - Seth~ - 04-15-2013 05:37 PM

Life of pie.
http://screenrant.com/life-of-pi-movie-ending-spoilers/

Best art movie I saw so far.

Safe House.

It plays of in South Africa (homeland) its funny in a country so tied up in racial politics, crimes, life ect. A potencially racially film is made with such a void of racism.
Anyways best movie that is made in SA via imports.

RE: What Movie or DVD have you seen recently? - myBlack_isWhite - 05-08-2013 10:40 AM

The Man From Earth.
An impromptu goodbye party for Professor John Oldman becomes a mysterious interrogation after the retiring scholar reveals to his colleagues he never ages and has walked the earth for 14,000 years.
One of the best movies I've ever watched.

RE: What Movie or DVD have you seen recently? - Sen - 08-14-2013 06:01 AM

Recently been watching a lot of chick flick movies thanks to my aunt! Some were:
  • Easy A
  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall
  • Chalet Girl
  • Another Cinderella Story: Once Upon A Song (or smth)

There were a lot more but I can't remember them at the moment.

And I also watched something different! The Purge. Honestly, I found that the story line was a bit unique (and sort of idiotic, too) but still I can give a thumbs-up for originality, I guess. Also cause the leading actress was one of my faves No1

RE: What Movie or DVD have you seen recently? - Former-GM-Patton - 09-03-2013 02:28 PM

If you want a laugh, although not a movie.. I suggest Portlandia on Netflix. Hilarious :]

RE:??What Movie or DVD have you seen recently? - shikinoutaoi - 11-23-2013 11:11 AM

Huntress Wrote:Studio Ghibli are the awesomest! ^_^ I recently watched From Up on Poppy Hill, so nice as always.

watched Hotaru no Haka already?
or Spirited Away, The Borrowers Arriety and Totoro ofc :D

RE: What Movie or DVD have you seen recently? - Huntress - 11-23-2013 01:23 PM

Grave of the fireglies (Hotaru no Haka) is so sad, I've watched it but it was a while ago, poor kids. Not a Ghibli but in a similar style, if you haven't already try: Barefoot Gen (Hadashi no Gen).

Seen Arriety and all the older ghiblies, including some pre-ghibli oscbure stuff like Gauche the cellist, Panda go panda, Conan, etc. I was quite the ghibli fanatic in my days, even have the cute dvd player:

[Image: ghibli-dvd-sm.jpg]

RE: What Movie or DVD have you seen recently? - GM-Rahice - 11-23-2013 08:53 PM

I want that DVD player!!

RE: What Movie or DVD have you seen recently? - Mupfelsan - 06-22-2014 05:28 AM

Frozen - i can't get the songs out of my head. Beautiful disney story, nice to see the strong bond of siblings :3