heRO-Server Forum
"Eccentric" scientist working on artifical mind. - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: "Eccentric" scientist working on artifical mind. (/showthread.php?tid=12903)

Pages: 1 2

"Eccentric" scientist working on artifical mind. - Flare - 01-07-2010 01:29 PM

If this turns out good...we get a real life Data. If not...Terminator.

RE: "Eccentric" scientist working on artifical mind. - Manifus - 01-07-2010 06:01 PM

I want one.

RE: "Eccentric" scientist working on artifical mind. - Galt - 01-07-2010 07:00 PM

Interesting.

Should this succeed, the good professor should program an Order 66 into them all and try for world domination. It just might work with something as crazy as this.

RE: "Eccentric" scientist working on artifical mind. - Sepharius - 01-07-2010 07:32 PM

Killswitch phrase imo. ?_?

RE: "Eccentric" scientist working on artifical mind. - Session - 01-18-2010 11:00 PM

Awesome :o

RE: "Eccentric" scientist working on artifical mind. - randall - 01-20-2010 02:03 AM

I never heard about it before. It would be wonderful to have them succeed in this noble work. Icon_smile It would benefit the mankind. Laugh

RE: "Eccentric" scientist working on artifical mind. - Lord Jericho - 01-20-2010 01:19 PM

nomnomnom Blue Brains.

RE: "Eccentric" scientist working on artifical mind. - Former-GM-Mystra - 01-20-2010 02:51 PM

Interesting, we talked about artificial minds in my neuropsychology class just yesterday and also made points about how it would be impossible to have a *real* brain alone.

A brain is a complex organ made almost entirely of fat that has the soul pourpus of integrating and analyzing information taken by your 5 senses. If you have a brain alone, not connected to any senses (visual, touch, smell, taste and hearing), it will bad trip.

In 1957, Woodburn Heron made a study with subjects that would have there vision, hearing and touch senses neutralized with a series of tools (special glasses, special room etc.) with water/food on demand and bathroom breaks. Most of them where unable to concentrate, they started to have hallucinations, created images of the future to get out of boredom and almost everyone stopped the experiment before it's end.

A brain cannot behave with sensory deprivation, it needs to be stimulated. This is why I have high skepticism about this experiment. If they can create an artificial "real" brain, they will need to create artificial senses, otherwise there "brain" will get mad.

Guess why NASA stopped sending only 1 astronaut alone in there space programs after that study? I'l send that article to my neuropsy teachers and see there reactions.

RE:??"Eccentric" scientist working on artifical mind. - Manifus - 01-20-2010 04:05 PM

GM-Mystra Wrote:Interesting, we talked about artificial minds in my neuropsychology class just yesterday and also made points about how it would be impossible to have a *real* brain alone.

A brain is a complex organ made almost entirely of fat that has the soul pourpus of integrating and analyzing information taken by your 5 senses. If you have a brain alone, not connected to any senses (visual, touch, smell, taste and hearing), it will bad trip.

In 1957, Woodburn Heron made a study with subjects that would have there vision, hearing and touch senses neutralized with a series of tools (special glasses, special room etc.) with water/food on demand and bathroom breaks. Most of them where unable to concentrate, they started to have hallucinations, created images of the future to get out of boredom and almost everyone stopped the experiment before it's end.

A brain cannot behave with sensory deprivation, it needs to be stimulated. This is why I have high skepticism about this experiment. If they can create an artificial "real" brain, they will need to create artificial senses, otherwise there "brain" will get mad.

Guess why NASA stopped sending only 1 astronaut alone in there space programs after that study? I'l send that article to my neuropsy teachers and see there reactions.

It works in the sims too!

And yes, sensory deprivation is a form of torture...yum.

RE: "Eccentric" scientist working on artifical mind. - Session - 01-20-2010 04:37 PM

You haz problems Man. heh. Man. Pun. roar

That is very interesting Mystra :o Post reactions please.