heRO-Server Forum
Need a new game. - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The outside world (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Need a new game. (/showthread.php?tid=13778)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Need a new game. - Merellis - 03-27-2010 04:20 PM

Well, I have come across some funds from a recent income tax return and would love to find another RPG to sink a ton of hours into on console, or computer if my 6 year laptop can handle it. XD

Consoles owned are PS2, DS, N64 and that's about it sadly, so heRO, help me find a game and recommend a good one!

RE: Need a new game. - Session - 03-27-2010 09:20 PM

Dragon Quest 8 for the ps2, the kingdom hearts games, shen megami tensei persona are a few different rpgs that come to mind for a decent game.

If you never played them, the zelda games are relatively fun on the 64.

I'll think more on it and give ya a better answer later ;D

RE: Need a new game. - Fruityla - 03-27-2010 09:54 PM

Pokemon HG/SS Icon_biggrin

RE: Need a new game. - Breakaway - 03-27-2010 10:46 PM

Ehh I actually got a quite a few RPG's I enjoyed. They're a lot of games worth mentioning that are my all time favorites in the PS2 category but most aren't RPG's.

PS2:
- Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
- Final Fantasy X
- Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX (If you can somehow find them)
- Shadow Hearts Series

Nintendo DS:
- Pokemon Series (Don't have a DS lol)

RE: Need a new game. - Merellis - 03-27-2010 10:52 PM

Hmm, maybe the HG/SS as I have the kingdom hearts and the Zelda, and the FF games. XD

But I heard good things about Persona and Shin Megami Tensei :D

RE: Need a new game. - Breakaway - 03-27-2010 10:53 PM

Same here but I just never got a chance to try them myself. Sold the PS2 and got a 360 =X

RE: Need a new game. - Galt - 03-28-2010 02:31 AM

Any specific type of RPG? Old-school? Sci-fi? Fantasy? Action?

RE:??Need a new game. - Altaire - 03-28-2010 02:56 AM

Fruityla Wrote:Pokemon HG/SS Icon_biggrin
Yes! I'm playing it right now. Icon_smile

RE:??Need a new game. - Session - 03-28-2010 04:49 PM

Merellis Wrote:But I heard good things about Persona and Shin Megami Tensei :D

Its a really refreshing spin on role playing games, I felt when playing through it. You can fuse, level your Personas, and all kindsa stuff. It can be a bit difficult at times, if you're not wary enough.

I've had a few times going through the different levels of the tower in Persona, to die against something and lose my progress Sweat

I'd recommend Dragon Quest 8 since it is excellent as well. You can tame a monster team as you adventure, the story is pretty good, fighting is fun even though its a bit odd getting used to it being turn based. It is about a 60+ hour game, easily. I think I put about 110 hours into it altogether, doing side quests and finding the best monsters for the arena.

The Xenosaga series is alright, but its pretty lengthy. Its got three games in the series, and is fairly challenging. I've also heard the Wild Arms games for the Playstation are fun too. Its supposed to be an rpg, with a lot more guns, and a special fighting system.

RE: Need a new game. - Aaronock - 03-28-2010 05:03 PM

Persona 3+4 aren't horribly difficult, but they are long games that have a few tough spots you'll haveta conquer.

Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne is an evil evil game that is hard and will kick your buttocks 10x over as you go through it. However, it rewards you with one of the most coolest stories like EVER.

Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga is good, I didn't like the second one as much but the first one is really awesome *-*

Breath of Fire 5 Dragon Quarter is pretty cool, its less story based than the three above but what story is there is very well done and doesn't need a lot of dialogue to do it right. This game is a dungeon crawler and of medium difficulty.

Y's Ark of Nepishtim is pretty fun too for the PS2. Its a decently paced adventure game that's actually loads of fun to play. The music is overall good and the boss fights are really fun.

Anyway that's just a few that popped up in mind for now. I can look through games I got later and say probably a few others.