heRO-Server Forum
No KS command. - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: No KS command. (/showthread.php?tid=14060)

Pages: 1 2 3

No KS command. - tan313008 - 04-18-2010 02:35 AM

I'm suggesting an @noks command.

@noks will just do one simple thing which is when you're getting kill stealed there would be a message that would pop-up for example: "IshidaUryuu is attempting to kill steal you!!". This will make it easier to report people kill stealing because sometimes, you won't get a shot of the person KSing you or you don't know who is infact the "KSer". Icon_wink

RE: No KS command. - Sepharius - 04-18-2010 02:41 AM

So how is it going to determine someone is KSing you? If someone is hitting your mob? If so, there's a lot of problems with that.

RE: No KS command. - Whispers - 04-18-2010 02:57 AM

I'd just kick Fist's ass if he tried to KS me... err... I mean... Heya, Fist!??Sweat

There are various problems with an automated anti-kill-steal interface.??I suppose if all it did was warn you then that would be fine.??So long as the person is still able to kill the mob.??Why is it important for them to kill the mob?
Well, what if you are tanking or tapping with permission???What if you can't handle the mob and someone offers to help???Will you have time to type @noks before you die???Will you remember to?

I honestly don't see KS'ing as a problem at all on this server (surprisingly enough, really).??Sure, someone might accidentally grab a HW, les or wood goblin from you, but there are so many people in Mosco and HW's that it is bound to happen.
I myself accidentally KS'ed from a mage the other day.??I saw them standing there and a wood goblin close to them.??I waited to see if they would attack, but they didn't.??So, I walked up to attack the wood goblin.??Into my second strike the wood goblin got pelted with fire bolts.??I never saw the cast ring around the wood goblin nor a cast bar/skill call above the player.??Evidently they began casting before they came into my field of view so none of this was displayed.
I apologized profusely and explained the situation; for which they forgave me. But, it goes to show that it happens to everyone and by most everyone.??Ok

RE:??No KS command. - tan313008 - 04-18-2010 03:09 AM

Whispers Wrote:I'd just kick Fist's ass if he tried to KS me... err... I mean... Heya, Fist!??Sweat

There are various problems with an automated anti-kill-steal interface.??I suppose if all it did was warn you then that would be fine.??So long as the person is still able to kill the mob.??Why is it important for them to kill the mob?
Well, what if you are tanking or tapping with permission???What if you can't handle the mob and someone offers to help?

@noks is switchable on or off.

Sepharius Wrote:So how is it going to determine someone KSing you? If someone is hitting your mob? If so, there's a lot of problems with that.

If you hit it first, then it's going to say "[insert name here] is attempting to KS you!!". If thats not the answer you want, please specify ._.

RE: No KS command. - Whispers - 04-18-2010 03:15 AM

The dynamics seem simple enough and perhaps some of the scripting could be taken from what makes loot stealing impossible (remember when they implemented that???ROers rejoiced everywhere \o/)

I know it could be switchable - hence the @noks command.??Again, the hypothetical situation presented there was if the @noks option barred anyone else from attacking at all.??Clearly, you are not suggesting this, but, rather, something which alerts the player to an impending KS.??No1

RE: ??No KS command. - Sepharius - 04-18-2010 03:16 AM

tan313008 Wrote:
Sepharius Wrote:So how is it going to determine someone KSing you? If someone is hitting your mob? If so, there's a lot of problems with that.

If you hit it first, then it's going to say "[insert name here] is attempting to KS you!!". If thats not the answer you want, please specify ._.

What about a mobbing Grimtooth Sin? He's mobbing, and if someone hits his mob it would be classified as KS by the rules. But, he hasn't hit them yet, since he needs to Grimtooth them.

RE: No KS command. - Fyrus Carmin - 04-18-2010 03:56 AM

If I remember right, it was already discussed before, and the answer was a "no".

RE:??No KS command. - tan313008 - 04-18-2010 04:49 AM

Fyrus Carmin Wrote:If I remember right, it was already discussed before, and the answer was a "no".

Oh, sorry didn't know that. ._.

Sepharius Wrote:The sin mobbing thing.

Err yeah but it would help people killing like, mini-bosses or something. But since ^ (Fyrus Carmin Post) I guess this would also not be approved.

RE: No KS command. - Fyrus Carmin - 04-18-2010 06:28 AM

Like I said, it's only memory-related (and my memory is usually bad). You'd better wait for a GM input before taking my word into account.

RE: No KS command. - Ultima_Pi - 04-18-2010 06:37 AM

I haven't seen the @noks debate at all O_o;

I'd lulz if it affected MVPs.

Don't particularly care about this one, though it's actually useful.