heRO-Server Forum
homun ai - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: homun ai (/showthread.php?tid=15592)

Pages: 1 2

homun ai - Stompy - 07-20-2010 11:35 PM

If I am to be an alchemist with a homunculus. What are the rulings for its ai? When I read em I am a tad confused is all can someone clarify it for me?
Icon_smile
Thanks

StompyQuestion Mark

RE: homun ai - Seth~ - 07-21-2010 01:22 AM

About what are you confused maybe I or someone else can help.

RE: homun ai - The Legendary Joe - 07-21-2010 02:08 AM

Most people generally just download MirAi and be done with it. Aside from that they're not allowed to Autocast Skills from things like Fireblend or Potion pitcher, or any other skills that the Alchemist has available to them, but they can still autocast Homunculus skills Like Castling for amister, or Caprice for Vanilmirth.

For the more detailed scripting of AI's, there was a way to make your Homunculus dance around the??Monster so they bypassed the attack animation, allowing them a pseudo faster attack speed.??That's been discussed. There was a ruling on it, but last I checked the rule against that has been repealed so that sorta things still available.??Downside with this, it really takes up the computer's speed giving out that many commands in such a short time frame and tends to make you lag while your homun is dancing.

I know there's a way to script it so Filr/VanilMirth??can use caprice or moonlight from a ranged distance, and never attack their targets from a melee range, but I've never figured??that out. Not sure what their stance on that is.

RE: homun ai - TPC - 07-21-2010 05:16 AM

Stompy Wrote:If I am to be an alchemist with a homunculus.??What are the rulings for its ai???When I read em I am a tad confused is all can someone clarify it for me?
Icon_smile
Thanks
??

??????StompyQuestion Mark

Basically you can make the AI use any homunculus skills automatically, but no player skills. And make sure it won't KS other players. Oh and if you go AFK or alt+tab to another program, even if its just for 30 seconds, always rest or put the homunculus in passive mode. Then you're covered.

RE:??homun ai - TPC - 07-21-2010 05:22 AM

The Legendary Joe Wrote:I know there's a way to script it so Filr/VanilMirth??can use caprice or moonlight from a ranged distance, and never attack their targets from a melee range, but I've never figured??that out. Not sure what their stance on that is.

You can't make a filir use moonlight from a distance, the range of the skill is only 1 cell. Thats just a rumor. Or if you somehow can, that would definitely be exploiting a bug and thus against the rules since its not a ranged attack.

As for caprice, whats wrong with making your vanilmirth bolt from a distance? Thats what bolters do. Its a ranged skill after all. If it was meant to use right next to the enemy only it wouldn't have been made as a ranged skill.

Imagine if there was a rule that said that you had to stand on the tile next to the monster before bolting with a mage class char. Or before shooting them with archer classes. It just doesn't make sense.

RE: homun ai - Stompy - 07-21-2010 07:43 PM

okie dokie so the alchemists skills are bad as far as auto casting is concerned. The rest I get.

Thanks a bunch Icon_smile

Stompy

RE: ??homun ai - The Legendary Joe - 07-22-2010 02:04 AM

TPC Wrote:
The Legendary Joe Wrote:I know there's a way to script it so Filr/VanilMirth??can use caprice or moonlight from a ranged distance, and never attack their targets from a melee range, but I've never figured??that out. Not sure what their stance on that is.

You can't make a filir use moonlight from a distance, the range of the skill is only 1 cell. Thats just a rumor. Or if you somehow can, that would definitely be exploiting a bug and thus against the rules since its not a ranged attack.

As for caprice, whats wrong with making your vanilmirth bolt from a distance? Thats what bolters do. Its a ranged skill after all. If it was meant to use right next to the enemy only it wouldn't have been made as a ranged skill.

Imagine if there was a rule that said that you had to stand on the tile next to the monster before bolting with a mage class char. Or before shooting them with archer classes. It just doesn't make sense.
Then that either means this video is bogus, or It's bugged...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjUCsACK-9A

RE: homun ai - Fyrus Carmin - 07-22-2010 03:02 AM

I believe it's probably because of the differences of iRO and eAthena.
iRO Wiki states that Moonlight have a range of 15 cells, while eA makes it a melee attack.

RE: homun ai - RickyTheGreat - 07-22-2010 12:37 PM

I'm confused about the whole /hoai thing for ur hom. Do u have to turn it on?? and can u use potion pitcher for ur hom :o doesnt seem like it. Maybe im just reading wrong xD

RE: homun ai - TPC - 07-22-2010 02:29 PM

Yes, you can use potion pitcher on it. And yes, you do /hoai once to turn on the AI, then it'll stay on as long as you don't re-install ro or something. If you do it again you'll turn it off.