heRO-Server Forum
2 vs 2 - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: 2 vs 2 (/showthread.php?tid=16571)

Pages: 1 2 3

2 vs 2 - Cobbinator92 - 09-20-2010 12:49 AM

I was in pvp with kiyo and we had a duel with a pally and a Hp we teamed up and did 2 vs. 2 and we were talking and thought maybe we could do this as a event sometime with a small prize if it was GM hosted. I know there are probably some draw backs like people doing Clowns and Wizzes or things like that but it adds a new thing to pvp. Instead of worrying just about yourself you now have to worry about your partner so its more hectic and fun.

Thoughts?

RE: 2 vs 2 - Drunk Horseman - 09-20-2010 01:06 AM

Sounds fun to me.

RE: 2 vs 2 - Story Teller - 09-20-2010 01:10 AM

Some partners would be too overpowering to the others but it might work out if the partnering was done randomly [adds luck in the equation of the event] which will also make our server more social since you meet more people you don't know through it. But another disadvantage to my suggestion would be that some might join just to screw their partner up. I would say it's an iffy to me but I don't play much anymore anyway.

RE: 2 vs 2 - Kittie - 09-20-2010 02:09 AM

i'm no fan of PvP but i like the idea :3
Its good for team work and to get to know of new people (if its done randomly else you'd get overpowered teams etc.)

And i'd say join such an event to screw up your parnter is just pathetic D:

RE: 2 vs 2 - Sakurato - 09-20-2010 05:15 AM

waste of timeeee 95% of hero has terrible gear and sucks at pvp anyways :].

I say you guys just come into pvp more :3.

RE: 2 vs 2 - Aaronock - 09-20-2010 06:54 AM

Without WoE reductions classes like Creator and Sinx are too overpower in normal pvp. -.-

RE: 2 vs 2 - azurerogue - 09-20-2010 11:54 AM

That's why 2v2 is more fun than 1v1, Aaron... you can deal with situations like that. Pneuma (or low VIT) > AD... and homuncs can be dealt with easily (especially if this was a GM hosted event as they'd probably limit hom res like they do in ToH). Combo > solo.

RE: 2 vs 2 - Drunk Horseman - 09-20-2010 12:15 PM

Something occurs to me. Pvp on lowrate servers will always be ran by veterans, so on a sever where 150 people average i would say no more then 45 or so are actually equipt for pvp. even still there are even less that would actually be on at any givin time. this idea IMO is going to need a higher population of high end players to actually florish as a regular event.

RE: 2 vs 2 - azurerogue - 09-20-2010 02:17 PM

Or only allow a selection of items to be used. Or even take it further and only allow event-specific characters to be used. Make the entrance NPC (heRO Guardian) check for character-specific variable tags and if those/that tag is present not allow said character entrance to the "main" server (eg. beyond the first island map).

Using this method you could have high-level PvP without the offsetting variables of playtime/equipment. Each player would be on a level playing field in terms of level and available equipment (relative to the options available by class). Prior experience, skill, and situational judgment would be the key components in this type of tournament.

This also, then, eliminates the excuse of "everyone else is well geared" or "everyone else is over-leveled" for reasons to not participate in PvP. This would certainly be hard to organize, however, and generally the people who are interested enough in PvP to participate are already the ones who are well-geared for it in the first place - so perhaps the effort is not worth it.

Alternative solution, just go farm for PvP items. Basic survivability items, for example, are NOT hard to come buy. Thara card in Guard is NOT significantly worse than Thara card in Valk Shield in MOST situations. Not that they aren't on different tiers...but you can get by with "crappy" PvP gear - as long as it's actually PvP gear. Same goes for beret vs feather beret etc. etc.

RE: 2 vs 2 - Aaronock - 09-20-2010 02:33 PM

I would rather we had Battlegrounds or something so we can have WoE reductions and teams and actual goals to accomplish. Icon_razz