heRO-Server Forum
PvM Kill Count - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: PvM Kill Count (/showthread.php?tid=17449)

PvM Kill Count - Matrim Cauthon Jr - 11-18-2010

This idea has two variations.

Variation 1 is straight log of total number of each individual mob you've killed.

Not even quest related. Just as a counter.

Or if you're farming a certain item(s), maybe have an option for it to count how many of X mob you've killed hunting it.

These obviously could be tied in with quests if so chosen. I'm just curious how many say Mimics I've killed.

RE: PvM Kill Count - Weapon - 11-18-2010

Not really sure how doable/possible that is, but it'd be pretty awesome to see how much genocide you've committed. Like a '@killid #' command, where # represents monster ID. Or leaving the # part blank would return a cumulative result for all monsters killed.

Unrelated... matrimcauthonjr, that's the best sig ever, I'm so saving that XD

RE: PvM Kill Count - Ultima_Pi - 11-18-2010

Aren't we running out of variables or something?

RE: PvM Kill Count - Matrim Cauthon Jr - 11-18-2010

I actually had a quest idea last night. A virtual scrapbook/Taekwon Mission hybrid quest.

Basics: One of the early NPCS (either in Training Grounds or the warper quests one) will give you a 1 weight book. It couldn't be traded or sold. And quest could only be done once per account.

Basic idea is book will contain a list of all non job quest & novice event monsters (So no Thief Mushroom or Bomb Poring).

The objective will be simple. Select the monsters one at a time (or have game keep track automatically). The rewards for say 100th Poring, Fabre, Skel Worker & other basic mobs would be a small EXP bonus. Once you finished with a certain mob you couldn't get EXP bonus from it again.

When it comes to MVPs and various other mobs that are hard/impossible for some classes to solo, the requirement will be 1-10 of each killed and you get credit when anyone in party kills.

The reward at end I'd think should be quite good. Book would contain Hero custom mobs as well.

RE:??PvM Kill Count - Rankin - 11-18-2010

Ultima_Pi Wrote:Aren't we running out of variables or something?
nonsense. We can always use #asskisser.

RE: PvM Kill Count - Matrim Cauthon Jr - 11-18-2010

Thanks Rankin.

RE: PvM Kill Count - Rankin - 11-18-2010

Matrim if it was directed at you I would be more obvious.

RE: PvM Kill Count - The Legendary Joe - 11-18-2010

While it would be interesting to see how much junk I have killed in search for a card, The numbers do get depressing.

RE: PvM Kill Count - Mulberry - 11-18-2010

That was my thought. I personally wouldn't care to know how many thousands of monsters I've killed in my desperate attempts. ;;

RE:??PvM Kill Count - Ellie - 11-19-2010

Ultima_Pi Wrote:Aren't we running out of variables or something?

Mmm. How many types of mobs are there again? D=

It is possible to make RO count up on the player to do the killing blow on a mob, but only the killing blow, and Iunno if we're on an SVN that allows that?

But if the GM team wanted to do it, they'd have to have a separate variable for every single mob to incriminate the count. Bit-masking won't work here.

Seriously, counting yourself on pen and paper would be much more easier. XD

Alsoooooooo. Sine it only records it on the person who does the killing blow, yay increased KSing!

(Now I feel smart)