heRO-Server Forum
RO Crashes on...skill use - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: RO Crashes on...skill use (/showthread.php?tid=18391)

RO Crashes on...skill use - Fruityla - 02-12-2011 02:38 AM

Okay, I JUST installed both RO and heRO a few days ago. Today it starts crashing (Gravity error) pretty much whenever someone uses a flashy skill.

I then reinstalled EVERYTHING using Ragray this time since I heard heRO's full install was being wonky. Patched everything again aaaand...Still crashing.

I didn't have problems with heRO on this computer in the past....although the last time I played before now was last summer. Before the SVN Update.

Edit: This just started tonight, by the way.

RE: RO Crashes on...skill use - Namine - 02-12-2011 02:47 AM

gravity error usually means some sort of graphic file is missing... do you know what skill is it or is it any skill? what location and most importantly, what hat/wing is on screen.

Also check if your RO is *really* updated. I don't have my RO comp on atm but ask someone who is updated, and compare file sizes, along with checking neoncube number in the neoncube file.

RE: RO Crashes on...skill use - Fruityla - 02-12-2011 03:00 AM

I'm pretty sure it's a skill because it doesn't crash until one is used. The two I know of were Assassin Link and Fury.

It's odd because A soul link has been used in my presence before and nothing happened. Fury I've...outright used myself and didn't crash before tonight either.

Location was Gonyrun.

Hats/Wings on screen that I can recall:
Captain's Hat
Blue Beret
Cursed Helm
Blue Fairy Wings
Angeling Wings
Gen 5 Huge Purple Dark Wings
Gen 2 Dark Wings
Flying Angel Wings

RE: RO Crashes on...skill use - Aaronock - 02-12-2011 03:07 AM

When you were setting up the re-install on your heRO did you get the newest version of Ragray and update it? Also, no idea why those skills would crash you otherwise. =/

RE: RO Crashes on...skill use - Namine - 02-12-2011 03:13 AM

Probably you think it's updated but not actually updated then... most of the time it's really that *looks at Trowa + robo eye whine*

RE: RO Crashes on...skill use - Fruityla - 02-12-2011 03:20 AM

My file sizes were actually a bit...bigger than the person I compared with O_o

Sizes
data.grf: 1.37 GB
hero.grf: 88.0 MB
rdata.grf: 297 MB

Neoncube file says 155

RE: RO Crashes on...skill use - TPC - 02-12-2011 08:06 AM

If you've installed ragray from ragray.net try running ragray.exe to update that as well, not just the hero patcher.

RE: RO Crashes on...skill use - Fruityla - 02-12-2011 12:18 PM

I should have said this sooner: I ran Ragray's patcher right after install and it's the latest one that they have.

Edit: It appears I found the problem. >_> It occurred to me to try taking the data folder out while I was reinstalling a second time and it magically works.

RE: RO Crashes on...skill use - micer - 02-16-2011 05:46 PM

omg LINNEA's BACK! <3 *spammage*