heRO-Server Forum
RO is small? GM only please. - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: RO is small? GM only please. (/showthread.php?tid=20263)

RO is small? GM only please. - contaejus - 08-25-2011 05:41 PM

Imagine a ro screen as big as this box I'm typing text in right now, and all around it is completely black and you can't move your mouse outside of this box. That's my problem. Setup isn't cutting it, it's not doing it's job and fitting the screen to mine so that ro is bigger and i can actually see what's goin on, without having this annoying black screen.. I can't even switch it off full screen, because I don't have a hero setup.. only the regular rag setup.

RE: RO is small? - contaejus - 08-25-2011 06:35 PM

Nice, 7 views, no replies, keep it comin.

RE: RO is small? GM only please. - Child of Bodom - 08-25-2011 07:06 PM

the 7 views arnt GM's probably. =P

RE:??RO is small? GM only please. - contaejus - 08-25-2011 08:13 PM

Child of Bodom Wrote:the 7 views arnt GM's probably. =P
I changed the title of the thread, to tell everybody that I'd like only gm's to answer the question... UNLESS somebody has the solution to my problem?

RE: RO is small? GM only please. - Suzuki - 08-25-2011 08:15 PM

o.O

RE: RO is small? GM only please. - azurerogue - 08-25-2011 09:03 PM

So you tell us we can't answer but then you complain about people viewing and not replying?

And you don't even give enough information to answer your question. What operating system are you running, what resolution do you run your monitor at usually, what kind of graphics card do you have?

Also, the regular setup IS the one to use to modify heRO. If you're on Vista (and possibly Windows 7, I still run XP so I don't know) and you have heRO installed in the default location (within Program Folders) you may need to run Setup as an Administrator to get the changes to function properly. In fact, I'd almost always recommend just moving heRO into your C: (or whatever) drive outside of the Program Folder if you run Vista.

Also, you'll find plenty of players here who are willing and able to help you with issues like this - it's not like GMs are the only people who understand how computer programs work.

RE: RO is small? GM only please. - Vahn_ashwood - 08-25-2011 09:34 PM

well, in truth, this same situation happens with my comp too, folks. Lemme make sure I got the symptoms right, first. Contaejus, your saying your screen is in fullscreen mode, won't go back, and you still can see inside the screen, though the text, items, status, and mouse cursor is all black or shades of black? I just move the mouse about a bit until I get it to work again, which seems to fix things, but don't quote me on it, k?

RE: RO is small? GM only please. - raphael.cruger - 08-26-2011 07:35 AM

I lolled at the GM only xD.

Do post your OS and monitor resolution.

^Like he said change compatibility to 'run as admin' for BOTH the hero.exe(not the patcher) and setup.exe. change it and try again. does it work in windowed mode?

also try Direct 3D Hal as the device.