heRO-Server Forum
Trial of Heroes (Sept) - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Trial of Heroes (Sept) (/showthread.php?tid=2105)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Trial of Heroes (Sept) - Ultima_Pi - 09-18-2006 04:05 PM

GM-Pandora Wrote:Trials of heroes!

1- PVP duels (50 points in total, 5 fights)
The participant who chooses this trial will battle 5 opponents of different classes amongs the other aspiring heroes. Each fight will be limited to 3 minutes. All players will be fully healed hp/sp before each fight. There will be a time for prebuffs (your own buffs + taking speed pot) before each fight.
* Winning a fight earns you 10 points.
* A tie earns you 5 points (a tie occurs if both players are still alive after 3 minutes).
* Losing a fight earns you 0 points.
* Breaking a pvp rule makes your opponent win automatically and earns you 0 points.

Time management. I believe it would be fastest if 1 person went at a time, and had all their duels in succession.

I'm not really sure what the point of the "no moving around" rule was, as our battle view was limited during some points of the fight, and the only way to interfere would be to initiate a trade with one of the dealers, or cast an AoE spell.

Quote:2- Monster fighting (50 points in total, 5 rooms)
The participant who chooses this trial will have to go through 5 corridors, each containing different monsters. The participant will start at one end of the room, the monsters being in the middle and must get to the end of the room. Each room will be limited to 2 minutes.
* Killing all the monsters and crossing the room without dying earns you 10 points.
* Getting to the end of the room without dying but failing to kill all the monsters earns you 5 points.
* Killing all the monsters in the room without making it to the end earns you 5 points.
* Dying in a room earns you 0 points.
* Failing to get to the end of the room or to kill all monsters in 2 minutes earns you 0 points.
Each participant gets 1 free resurection, a wild card so to speak for the duration of this trial (NOT 1 per room).

Biggest time waster here, especially with many people. I would suggest replicating the track onto the same map, and copying the script for the replica track, only modifying the necessary coordinates. This would allow 2 people to go at once, greatly speeding up this otherwise long and dull process to the people not currently running for their lives.

As a sidenote, I think it's possible to script a specific area (namely at the end of the track), that when triggered by any player entering said area, that track would automatically be cleared of monsters, whether or not the player had killed them all or not. I'll probably look into this further.

Quote:3- Item gathering (50 points, 5 items)
The participant who chooses this trial will have to gather certain items, in a labyrinth with special monsters who have special drops and npcs who will trade you certain items. This will make it impossible to pre-gather the items (players will be checked at the start of the event anyway). There will be a time limit of 15 minutes for the item gathering.
I will make resurections if anyone dies, I'm not responsible for any lost exp.
* Successfully gathering the right amount of an asked item earns you 10 points. Fictional example: the list asks for 10 apples and you gathered 10.
* Sucessfully gathering half of the amount of an asked item earns you 5 points. Fictional example: the list asks for 10 apples and you got at least 5.
* Successfully gathering some of the amount (less than half) of an asked item earns you 2 points. Fictional example: you gathered 1 apple.
* Failure to gather at least 1 of an asked item earns you 0 points.

Pretty hard, but still fun. The only problem I had was the random lag due to about 20-30 monsters onscreen at any time (probably just me). I personally thought the map was a little small, and maneuverability around the map was a slight hassle, but I guess that's the hard part.

Quote:4- Trivia! (Bonus points)
All aspiring heroes get to participate in this trial which will test your rapidity and knowledge of RO and will help you earn additional points. I will ask a serie of questions, each worth 5 points. When asking a question, I will have a chat opened, which will need a password to enter. The answer to the question will be the password for the chat and the first person to enter will get the 5 points. All questions will be clear and have a 1 word answer. The number of questions will be decided according to how many participants we have, I will announce the number of questions before this trial starts.

No qualms here. OMGPANDACANTTYPE!11one

Quote:5- Light VS Dark Team PVP (Bonus of 10 points)
This last trial will be opened to all participants and will oppose the Light players to the Dark players in a team battle. The goal is simple, kill all players of the opposing allegiance, there will be no time limit. All players on the winning side earn a bonus of 10 points. I will not make anyone (nor allow people to) change sides, which means I do not control the number or the force of the players on each side. If for example, 3 light players and 12 dark players enter the ToH it will be a battle of 3 vs 12, however unfair it may seem! It is up to each side to encourage their players to participate.

Funnest. Part. Evar. Morradin's kicking ass next time, though.

RE: Trial of Heroes (Sept) - GM-Pandora - 09-18-2006 04:20 PM

yes?

RE: Trial of Heroes (Sept) - Ultima_Pi - 09-18-2006 04:51 PM

Sorry, had to gather my thoughts.

I also sent a bug report >_>

RE: Trial of Heroes (Sept) - GM-Pandora - 09-18-2006 05:05 PM

Ultima_Pi Wrote:
GM-Pandora Wrote:Trials of heroes!

1- PVP duels (50 points in total, 5 fights)
The participant who chooses this trial will battle 5 opponents of different classes amongs the other aspiring heroes. Each fight will be limited to 3 minutes. All players will be fully healed hp/sp before each fight. There will be a time for prebuffs (your own buffs + taking speed pot) before each fight.
* Winning a fight earns you 10 points.
* A tie earns you 5 points (a tie occurs if both players are still alive after 3 minutes).
* Losing a fight earns you 0 points.
* Breaking a pvp rule makes your opponent win automatically and earns you 0 points.

Time management. I believe it would be fastest if 1 person went at a time, and had all their duels in succession. -> Well other people need to be there too, otherwise who is that person going to fight? XD

I'm not really sure what the point of the "no moving around" rule was, as our battle view was limited during some points of the fight, and the only way to interfere would be to initiate a trade with one of the dealers, or cast an AoE spell. -> I don't like when non participant people kill each other, it gets bothersome and usually trigers revenge, even if it was unintentional in the first place.

Quote:2- Monster fighting (50 points in total, 5 rooms)
The participant who chooses this trial will have to go through 5 corridors, each containing different monsters. The participant will start at one end of the room, the monsters being in the middle and must get to the end of the room. Each room will be limited to 2 minutes.
* Killing all the monsters and crossing the room without dying earns you 10 points.
* Getting to the end of the room without dying but failing to kill all the monsters earns you 5 points.
* Killing all the monsters in the room without making it to the end earns you 5 points.
* Dying in a room earns you 0 points.
* Failing to get to the end of the room or to kill all monsters in 2 minutes earns you 0 points.
Each participant gets 1 free resurection, a wild card so to speak for the duration of this trial (NOT 1 per room).

Biggest time waster here, especially with many people. I would suggest replicating the track onto the same map, and copying the script for the replica track, only modifying the necessary coordinates. This would allow 2 people to go at once, greatly speeding up this otherwise long and dull process to the people not currently running for their lives. -> I actually already mentionned I would do this for next time XD

As a sidenote, I think it's possible to script a specific area (namely at the end of the track), that when triggered by any player entering said area, that track would automatically be cleared of monsters, whether or not the player had killed them all or not. I'll probably look into this further. -> Yep it's very possible I'm sure. As well as my first script had a message that mentionned when ppl crossed the last flag before or after the 2 minutes, but it was buggy and I had no time to fix it Icon_razz

Quote:3- Item gathering (50 points, 5 items)
The participant who chooses this trial will have to gather certain items, in a labyrinth with special monsters who have special drops and npcs who will trade you certain items. This will make it impossible to pre-gather the items (players will be checked at the start of the event anyway). There will be a time limit of 15 minutes for the item gathering.
I will make resurections if anyone dies, I'm not responsible for any lost exp.
* Successfully gathering the right amount of an asked item earns you 10 points. Fictional example: the list asks for 10 apples and you gathered 10.
* Sucessfully gathering half of the amount of an asked item earns you 5 points. Fictional example: the list asks for 10 apples and you got at least 5.
* Successfully gathering some of the amount (less than half) of an asked item earns you 2 points. Fictional example: you gathered 1 apple.
* Failure to gather at least 1 of an asked item earns you 0 points.

Pretty hard, but still fun. The only problem I had was the random lag due to about 20-30 monsters onscreen at any time (probably just me). I personally thought the map was a little small, and maneuverability around the map was a slight hassle, but I guess that's the hard part. -> making it bigger would make finding the npc even harder. But I'll probably choose another map for the next one. ^_^

Quote:4- Trivia! (Bonus points)
All aspiring heroes get to participate in this trial which will test your rapidity and knowledge of RO and will help you earn additional points. I will ask a serie of questions, each worth 5 points. When asking a question, I will have a chat opened, which will need a password to enter. The answer to the question will be the password for the chat and the first person to enter will get the 5 points. All questions will be clear and have a 1 word answer. The number of questions will be decided according to how many participants we have, I will announce the number of questions before this trial starts.

No qualms here. OMGPANDACANTTYPE!11one

>_>

Quote:5- Light VS Dark Team PVP (Bonus of 10 points)
This last trial will be opened to all participants and will oppose the Light players to the Dark players in a team battle. The goal is simple, kill all players of the opposing allegiance, there will be no time limit. All players on the winning side earn a bonus of 10 points. I will not make anyone (nor allow people to) change sides, which means I do not control the number or the force of the players on each side. If for example, 3 light players and 12 dark players enter the ToH it will be a battle of 3 vs 12, however unfair it may seem! It is up to each side to encourage their players to participate.

Funnest. Part. Evar. Morradin's kicking ass next time, though.

Ok, who the hell is morradin, I've seen that name all over lately, specially during the ToH, but I had no time to ask. XD

RE: Trial of Heroes (Sept) - Lance - 09-18-2006 09:26 PM

Couldn't you have asked when you responded the first time with "yes?"

RE: Trial of Heroes (Sept) - Former-GM-Auron - 09-18-2006 10:17 PM

Morradin as nothing to do with RO and it will stay that way. Those that started this better stop cause now its getting a bit irritating at times. Thank you. Icon_wink

RE: Trial of Heroes (Sept) - GM-Pandora - 09-19-2006 08:17 AM

When I first checked her post and said "yes?" it's because all it contained was the quotes, thus no new information. Hense her response "Sorry, had to gather my thoughts".

RE: Trial of Heroes (Sept) - Général_Argos - 09-19-2006 03:23 PM

GM-Auron Wrote:Morradin as nothing to do with RO and it will stay that way. Those that started this better stop cause now its getting a bit irritating at times. Thank you. Icon_wink

Morradin shall destroy all ennemies of role-playIcon_mad

RE:??Trial of Heroes (Sept) - Lance - 09-19-2006 03:52 PM

GM-Pandora Wrote:When I first checked her post and said "yes?" it's because all it contained was the quotes, thus no new information. Hense her response "Sorry, had to gather my thoughts".

Ooooh ... that's why she said that .. whoopsy, my bad. Icon_redface

RE: Trial of Heroes (Sept) - GM-Pandora - 09-19-2006 04:51 PM

No biggie Icon_wink