heRO-Server Forum
heRO accounts being target by email phishing - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: heRO accounts being target by email phishing (/showthread.php?tid=22479)

heRO accounts being target by email phishing - YuYuYuki - 08-25-2012 09:50 PM

Someone or a group of people are sending out phishing emails to heRO server members.

It's been said a million times before but I'll make it a million and one. DO NOT SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT INFO!

If you use Gmail or have some other email service that has a report phishing option use it. If not the report it as spam.

This is a copy of a version I received but I have also heard of people getting ones with the sender claiming to be a GM of staff member. As far as I know a GM WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD.

Subject: Ragnarok question!

Mysterial
krisztian014@freemail.hu

Aug 11

Hello!

I am a new player in The Hero Ragnarok server .I have an appeal to you. I played with for several years. But I do not want everything to start again afresh. Therefore, I want to ask. If you are not playing in Hero??Server can I get your username and password. Thank you for your answer and your help.

Best regards, Peter

Employ common sense and do not fall for these lame attempts.

RE: heRO accounts being target by email phishing - mahawirasd - 08-26-2012 04:47 PM

perhaps not so much phishing but just wanting to get free stuff easily...

http://www.facebook.com/krisztian.kusics.7

RE: heRO accounts being target by email phishing - Snowhawk - 08-26-2012 04:57 PM

He's already been permanently banned from heRo.

RE:??heRO accounts being target by email phishing - Ellie - 08-26-2012 05:09 PM

mahawirasd Wrote:perhaps not so much phishing but just wanting to get free stuff easily...

What is up lately? Us agreeing twice in a week?

That's not what phishing is. This is outright asking.
I know you cool kids these days like to be down with the lingo, but you guys really need to understand what phishing and hacking really are. :X

I've had a bunch of friends get these too, but never heard of him pretending to be a member of the GM Staff. As far as I know, all the messages have been the same. Straight copy+paste asking.

RE: heRO accounts being target by email phishing - The Legendary Joe - 08-26-2012 07:32 PM

If they want my Accounts, they gotta do it the old fashioned way of trying to guess my Username and password. Thanks to the Server temporarily IP-banning people for multiple wrong guesses, that'd take a while.

RE: heRO accounts being target by email phishing - GM-Rahice - 08-26-2012 07:56 PM

The person who did this was already handled, as of August 13th. We don't know how many people were contacted, however, it has been dealt with. I hope that no one gave him their information, though.

RE: heRO accounts being target by email phishing - The Legendary Joe - 08-26-2012 08:40 PM

Found a link to a story similar to and old story similar to this.

http://faildesk.net/2011/12/22/go-phish-help-desk/

RE: heRO accounts being target by email phishing - Ellie - 08-26-2012 09:04 PM

That Joe-link one IS??phishing email. They pretend to be an authority to gain access details to someone's account.

This guy is just flat out asking. It's not a scam. It's not phishing. It's just some guy being an annoying douche with forum's email user option. :/

RE: heRO accounts being target by email phishing - Type - 10-13-2012 02:21 PM

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who got this email

RE: heRO accounts being target by email phishing - 09Kisame09 - 10-21-2012 07:22 PM

I got the email myself, and deleted it because it's as plain as day that someone was abusing the forum's display of user emails.