heRO-Server Forum
Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! (/showthread.php?tid=23371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - GM-Pandora - 05-16-2013 11:28 AM

Fresh thread! I felt the old one was long enough. Icon_razz

[Image: helpherobanner.jpg]

heRO needs your help!

By voting regularly and leaving a RMS review every 6 months you greatly contribute to the server, more players means more fun for everyone!

Here's how to do it:

Reviewing

The website RateMyServer, or RMS for short, is visited by a large number of RO players. We had a poll about how our players had found the server and in first place came RMS (2nd was word of mouth), so if you care for the server and want to see it grow it's vital that you maintain an active RMS review.
  • Go on the RMS site http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=writereview&serid=793&url_sname=heRO
  • If you don't already have a login there, click "Register an Account".
  • Put your email and choose a password (you need a valid email, if you don't feel comfortable giving your usual one just create a free email somewhere)
  • Select a username
  • Enter the capcha and click the Terms of Service agreement box (you could read them) then hit the "Register" button.
  • Click the link that appears to login (http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=login)
  • Enter your email, password and choose "Server Player" then hit the "Login" button.
  • You will now have to activate your account, click the "Please click here to activate your account." then check your email for the activation code that was sent. It might have end up in your Junk folder, so if you don't see it in your inbox give the Junk folder a look.
  • Go in your email to get the Activation Code and input it in the box, then hit the "Activate" button.
  • You are now registered, and can get on with the review writing part, head to this link again: http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=writereview&serid=793&url_sname=heRO
  • For each of the 10 categories select a rating proportional to how you consider that heRO fares in that department.
  • Write a few sentences about how you feel about heRO and/or about the ratings that you gave.
  • Next to "How long have you been playing" select a time period based on how long you've been here.
  • Next to "Based on your observation, what is the average online population?" please write the amount of players online you usually see when you play, you can use /who in game (every other server include vendor in that count, so I don't see why we shouldn't).
  • Next to Donation Level, if you feel heRO has fair donation you can select either "Unavailable" (the first option) OR "Balanced" (the second option)
  • Next to Cuztomization Level, since we have customs you should probably either pick "Extensive" (the third option) or "Occasional" (the second option)
  • Hit the Submit Review button and you're done you can close the page after it confirms your review is sent!

FAQ:

How long is my review good for?
Reviews expire every 6 months, after that time period your review is no longer active, you can log on your account, delete the previous review and write a new one (it can have the same text if you feel it's still accurate). If you would like to be sent a reminder when your review expires you can a PM to me or a Support Ticket when you make your review and I'll contact you when it's time to renew it.

What do I get for making the review?
It is against the rules of RMS to provide any incentive for reviewing. However, by reviewing you are contributing to the server and therefore to making everyone's playing experience a little better, including your own! It's also a great way to give a little back to heRO for the hours of fun the server provides you with, for free, and it only takes a few minutes.

Can I do more than 1 review?
Doing 1 per player is great, if you have family or friends that play you can encourage them to do a review too. If you have more time on your hand you can also do a more in-depth Forum Review.

Voting
  • Go on the Control Panel and Log In http://www.pandoraonline.net/cp/?module=account&action=login
  • Click on "Vote for Points" in the menu to the left
  • Click on the "Vote Top 100" image it will open a new page, enter the capcha and click "Vote for heRO Server", you can close it and retun to the CP.
  • Click on the "Vote Top 200" image, likewise you'll have to enter a capcha and click the button to vote.
That's all, you're done voting and earned yourself 2 vote points!

FAQ:

Do I really need to enter the Capcha?
Please do, otherwise the top 100/200 does not count your vote for heRO, we need the votes to climb on the top lists.

I voted but I don't see my points in game!
If you vote while your account is online (even in autotrade) your points are not immediately added, go to the CP and look for a link that says "You have unclaimed votepoints. You must log out from the game and claim your votepoints here." click that link after making sure your account is no longer online and your points will be added.

How often can I vote?
You can vote every 12 hours, if you're unsure on when you voted last, go on the CP it will tell you when you've voted and when you can vote again. The vote buttons will be disabled until the 12 hours has passed.

What can I do with the Vote Points?
You get items in game, including special Mid-Headgear/Lower-Headgear, Token of Siegfried, Dead Branch Boxes and more, you can see a full list of rewards here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Midgard Community

Midgard Community is a relatively new site with server listings, similar to RMS. HeRO is being advertised on the site, and reviews for it in addition to RMS are most welcome. Just sign up normally, follow the rules and review the server honestly, it'll be very much appreciated!

RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - GM-Pandora - 05-16-2013 11:30 AM

June 2013 will be a heRO promotion month, so you'll see us ask often to vote, review and invite your friends.

We also have a couple of updates coming, and the rates will be raised to 6x for that month!

RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - Beauty - 05-19-2013 08:38 AM

Reviewed ^_^ Add more voting sites for us to vote too! Love

http://www.rotop100.com/
http://www.gtop100.com/

RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - former-GM-Pixel - 06-01-2013 12:52 PM

Thank you very much Charcanine, for leaving a review for heRO on Ratemyserver!

RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - demishock - 06-01-2013 02:00 PM

Has anyone else started having problems with the "Vote Top 200" V4P site? I mentioned this last night in another thread but it seems better placed here. It's doing it again today. I keep getting sent to a page that says "This website is offline". Happened May 30th, 31st and June 1st (today), from both my home's wifi and my phone's.

RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - former-GM-Pixel - 06-01-2013 02:02 PM

Yes, i've had the same problem for the last two days when i tried to vote.

RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - GM-Pandora - 06-01-2013 04:15 PM

If it doesn't come back we'll replace it with another topsite Icon_smile

RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - MrsCharcanine - 06-01-2013 05:19 PM

\O of course! I wanted to let people know about the many updates to come! And yes, I also have that V4P issue.

Let's continue to help heRO!! <3

RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - Nachi - 06-01-2013 05:53 PM

That voting site is quite unreliable. Since i joined the server and started voting, there were several such times when the site was offline or just wouldn't load, wasting my vote attempts. Thinking
But it's probably more important how many people know and look at the site than how stable it is, so i guess that's why we have this site to vote at? xD
(Damn, i'm tired.)

RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - former-GM-Pixel - 06-02-2013 10:09 AM

Thank you very much RenRenRen, for leaving a review for heRO on Ratemyserver!