heRO-Server Forum
Question about server - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Question about server (/showthread.php?tid=23566)

Pages: 1 2

Question about server - Shin - 07-06-2013 05:57 AM

I am moving on from *server* because the GM and Admin team are no good there and the server feels like it is dying with no care from the GMs there.

I would like some information about this server before I decide if I will download the client or not.

On the rules section this was posted:
Quote: No AFK Leveling/hunting
No one is allowed in anyway or form to level/hunt AFK with the means of any pet, homunculus, @autotrade, item, skill, card, etc.

My question is, what constitutes AFK leveling? My main class is biochemist so I will be using a homunculus. If I leave my homunculus to level while I go grab a drink and a GM just so happens to test me, does that constitute as afk? Or is there a time limit?

Also does @autoloot work with homunculus killing or does the actual character have to be involved with the kill?

My next question is donations. I tried to look around on the forums but I don't see a list of donation items. Mainly I'm just curious as to if sunnies[1] or other overpowered items are purchasable. I personally am not a fan of such options.

How is BG / WoE at the moment?

How many active players are there usually. Do not include the autotraders, I am interested in the actual unique IP players online.

Thank you very much
Shin

RE: Question about server - Nachi - 07-06-2013 06:11 AM

Hrr hrr. XD
Am i the first to answer this, really? Lol. I'd better switch to the laptop. ._."

RE: Question about server - Feel - 07-06-2013 06:13 AM

Shin Wrote:
No one is allowed in anyway or form to level/hunt AFK with the means of any pet, homunculus, @autotrade, item, skill, card, etc.

I think, in my opnion, they meant in using BOT or maybe when you leave one char afk and you open another ragnarok to levelup your char (which is not allowed) but I'm not sure about it ...

Shin Wrote:My next question is donations. I tried to look around on the forums but I don't see a list of donation items. Mainly I'm just curious as to if sunnies[1] or other overpowered items are purchasable. I personally am not a fan of such options.

You can see the donation items through our heRO wiki. I'm not sure about sunnies [1] but there's no overpowered gears in this server (haven't check PvP yet but the gears have low stats as always...)

That's the only questions that I could guess ... the rest will be answered for a GM soon Icon_smile

Welcome to the server

RE: Question about server - Nachi - 07-06-2013 06:15 AM

Huh? XD
Now i'm not the first to answer this and the many quotes get me confused. But anyway.

Feel Wrote:
Shin Wrote:
I think, in my opnion, they meant in using BOT or maybe when you leave one char afk and you open another ragnarok to levelup your char (which is not allowed) but I'm not sure about it ...
Would be nice if that was so.
From what i've heard they are extremely strict about afk rules.
Like, if you're in a party and you go to the loo for too long, leaving your character out, people will start complaining about you leeching or afking. o_o
Afk-lvling your homu also doesn't work, because after a few minutes autoloot stops (loot just drops from then) and at the same time (i think) exp stops getting to your char too. XD
You will have to move or use a skill to be counted as "active" again and get loot and exp (activating a homunculus skill like Mental Change doesn't work).
Afaik, the time limit is 5 minutes? (Not 100% certain.)

That also answers your autoloot question. :D
You do get items dropped from monsters killed by your homu, as long as you move around. However, you won't get items dropped from gears, for example gift boxes from a Cubic ribbon.

Shin Wrote:My next question is donations. I tried to look around on the forums but I don't see a list of donation items. Mainly I'm just curious as to if sunnies[1] or other overpowered items are purchasable. I personally am not a fan of such options.
It's here.
There's nothing overpowered you can get for donations.
Actually most of the stuff can also be gotten by voting or (for most items) ingame.

Sunnies [1] do exist, but you can only get them randomly through a quest. Though you could get one from voting, if you get a hat voucher and give it to the npc, it's just like doing the quest. The chance of getting it is rather low though. (If you're interested, look up Hatter on the wiki.)

BG/WoE ain't that great here from what i've heard... i'm not a pvper myself. Of course, it probably won't get any better if we don't get any new pvpers, so saying "If you're a pvper, don't come." would be counter productive. XD

The amount of players online seems to be kinda hard to get a hold of, because the command to see who's online also counts venders iirc. When all venders were kicked for a server reboot one day, there were like 60-70 people left online, i think.

Wow, now somebody else already answered too. I may be too slow to be useful, but i guess it can't hurt to hear from more than one person. No1

Don't be discouraged from trying this server. Even if you like pvp, there are others here who do too, so in the end you might still like it!

RE: Question about server - Aeolian - 07-06-2013 06:31 AM

Shin Wrote:My question is, what constitutes AFK leveling? My main class is biochemist so I will be using a homunculus. If I leave my homunculus to level while I go grab a drink and a GM just so happens to test me, does that constitute as afk? Or is there a time limit?

Also does @autoloot work with homunculus killing or does the actual character have to be involved with the kill?

In the situation that you pose, I'm not sure if there's an actual time limit to constitute AFK levelling. I'm supposing it depends upon the GM checking up on you. If you fill yourself up like a camel while your homun does its thing, I'm guessing you would get banned since the logical thing to do in light of the rule is to stash your homun away while you attend to other things. However, the GMs are not unreasonable. I'm sure (okay, not really) that if you contact them minutes after you get banned for AFK levelling, you could get unbanned.

Regarding @autoloot, anything your homun kills will drop the items right into your inventory. Your character does not even have to budge.

shin Wrote:My next question is donations. I tried to look around on the forums but I don't see a list of donation items. Mainly I'm just curious as to if sunnies[1] or other overpowered items are purchasable. I personally am not a fan of such options.

Donation items here are chance items. Meaning if you donate real money, you only get items that give you a CHANCE at valuable goodies. Like OCAs, etc although enriched ores are provided as well. There is a list of donation items on the heRO Wiki. Sunnies [1] and glasses [1] DO exist here, but not as donation items. They exist primarily because of the Hatter NPC, which is an NPC you can go to to initiate the hatter quest. The chances of getting slotted mids are at around .10 if I'm not mistaken.

shin Wrote:How is BG / WoE at the moment?

I'm not sure I can answer this appropriately since I don't know how WoE was in your previous server. The answer to this is subjective. You should try and see it for yourself. However, I personally think that WoE here could be improved.

shin Wrote:How many active players are there usually. Do not include the autotraders, I am interested in the actual unique IP players online.

The number fluctuates depending upon the season. Right now, I'm guessing around 200-300 people?

RE: Question about server - Debris - 07-06-2013 06:33 AM

Shin Wrote:On the rules section this was posted:

My question is, what constitutes AFK leveling? My main class is biochemist so I will be using a homunculus. If I leave my homunculus to level while I go grab a drink and a GM just so happens to test me, does that constitute as afk? Or is there a time limit?

If you go AFk with your homunculus still aggro on monsters it is conciderd AFL leveling, since you still get experience from the monsters. So to avoid this is to rest your homunculus or set it on non aggro.

Shin Wrote:Also does @autoloot work with homunculus killing or does the actual character have to be involved with the kill?

@autoloot also work with homunculuses, but keep in mind you have to keep moving every 2 minutes otherwise the loots will drop on the ground and you also won't get experience

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1405
It's not overpowered stuff, it's only a small gift, a token of appreciation that you donated.

Shin Wrote:How is BG / WoE at the moment?

HeRO is using a custom BG atm, there is some GM working on that atm and will be updated hopefully soon. For WoE i can't really awnser i haven't been to WoE in half a year. There are each WoE day 2 castles open, Wednesday Geffen and Pront, Sundays Geffen and Payon. We also have Retro WoE (not trans non Extendid) on Sundays.

Shin Wrote:How many active players are there usually. Do not include the autotraders, I am interested in the actual unique IP players online.

I think we have arround 80 to 100 active players.

RE: Question about server - former-GM-Pixel - 07-06-2013 06:34 AM

Hello,

If you have your homun agro (killing monsters) while being AFK (even if its for a minute) and you get a bot check and fail to respond to it, it will be treated as if you are botting/marcoing. Failing a botcheck always leads to a ban. If you want to get a drink or something you can put your homun to sleep/rest untill you get back Icon_smile

Autoloot still works with homunculus but you'll have to move (or use a skill) every 2 minutes otherwhise you will not get exp/autoloot. This is to prefent AFK leveling.

As for donations, its basically 'what you see is what you get'. Our server greatly appriciates any donations but we do not give our donators any over powered items or gears in return. The list you see on the forums is up-to-date and correct Icon_smile

We have a custom quest (called Mr. Hatter) to obtain official headgears and you also have a small chance on obtaining slotted mids.

BG/WoE kinda depends on the day and time of the day. Usually BG happends without a problem. Though i am currently not sure on WoE, if i remember correct there are currently 3 guilds active in WoE, maybe someone who's a bit more active in the scene could tell you more about it Icon_smile

Active players i'd say somewhere between 50-125 players, it mostly depends on the time of the day. And with bigger events and WoE you usually find the server at its perk.

RE: Question about server - Nachi - 07-06-2013 06:51 AM

It's only 2 minutes?
I didn't know it was that short, but that explains why i always end up thinking: "What?? I can't believe i have already not moved for 5 minutes!"

But actually, with that system in place, i wonder why you can still get banned for afk-leveling, when you are not even getting any exp while afk. ?o
I guess it is left from back in the day, when it was possible.

RE: Question about server - former-GM-Pixel - 07-06-2013 08:18 AM

Its because you can also auto-follow people for exp, its still considered AFK leveling (if you are not on your keyboard) even though your character is still moving. Plus on a class such as an alchemist, your homunculus will still gain exp even though you are not.

RE: Question about server - Nachi - 07-07-2013 04:16 AM

Hm... I didn't know that, but still, i think threatening all players with bans for being afk for a minute isn't right. Auto-following is possible, but not really a safe way of getting around, besides you can still forbid that and lvling your homun afk without being that strict.
I sometimes worry when i'm afk, 'cause i know you officially shouldn't go afk while possibly gaining exp. XD
But after all, we are not machines and taking a break to do something in rl is natural! Can't tell me you keep sitting there for hours without the urge to get up and open the window, get some cookies or going to the toilet.
Yeah, logging off for that is fine in most cases and generally a good idea, if you don't wanna lose exp by death, but there's quite a few situations where i would not log out. Like being on a map where you're sent back to your save upon relogging (boy was i pissed when i went to try and catch that fly and when i returned i was in prontera instead of geffen dungeon). It's the same with new poring island too, though it's not that much of a deal now that there's a warper.
Second place where i almost never log out, exp or not, is when i'm partying. After all, if you miss anything important being said while you're away, there could be trouble later and being logged in shows that you'll return (never know with some people, they log out and vanish).
Geez, did i write this much? Sorry for off-topic.
It's just something that bugs me. You shouldn't stress players out because of some weirdos who might want to afk-lvl. XD
From what i have seen any afk lvling methods that don't involve sitting next to a stationary party (which wouldn't work here) are woefully inefficient. Is this really worth it?
Just my opinion. ?__o