heRO-Server Forum
Fly wings, and other things of a bunch. - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poll - Give Your Opinion! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Fly wings, and other things of a bunch. (/showthread.php?tid=28622)

Pages: 1 2

Fly wings, and other things of a bunch. - GM-Garr - 01-17-2015 07:04 PM

I've got a word recently that fly wings are supposed to teleport you when you are in the middle of cast (when there's cast time above your head, that is). Even though the item script is same in both SvNs, and I don't really remember if that was the case, I'll leave it to this poll to decide the outcome. I can make it happen that skill cast is interrupted and the item effect takes precedence. But be warned, it won't affect JUST fly wings, most items of such nature will be affected. Per example:
  • Fly Wings
  • Butterfly Wings
  • Anodyne
  • Converters
  • Aloevera
  • etc (most things mentioned here)

But this will need a careful consideration and item use for all the players. That means if you cast skill and accidentally teleport, it's on you. If you click items out of boredom and that will break your cast, it's still on you. So please pick your option, and post below with opinion will be welcome.

RE: Fly wings, and other things of a bunch. - Vhaerun - 01-17-2015 09:10 PM

If this means being able to use consumables while a cast time and/or a skill/sprite animation is active, then YES. There have been so many times I've died spamming a hotkey for an item because the game didn't recognize as much for this or whatever reason.

If however this means using consumables while a cast time and/or skill/sprite animation is active causes them to act as an artificial cast cancel(with the exception of fly/butterfly wings) by interupting with another skill casting item such as aloe vera, then NO. Being able to spam healing and other non skill items should be allowed. Items that cast skills shouldn't unless they're instant and wouldn't interupt whatever is already queued

RE: Fly wings, and other things of a bunch. - GM-Garr - 01-17-2015 10:48 PM

As far as I know, it doesn't block normal consumables that, per se, heal, add stats or so on. This does affect, however, consumables that cast skills (fly wings, anodyne, scrolls and so on). I'm just not sure how the game will react to casting a skill while casting a skill (Yo dawg!), so the safest way would be to "cast cancel" the one in casting. But this will affect all people, hence the poll.

RE: Fly wings, and other things of a bunch. - Story Teller - 01-17-2015 10:50 PM

[Image: b17.jpg]

RE: Fly wings, and other things of a bunch. - JoryJoe - 01-18-2015 01:07 AM

(01-17-2015 10:48 PM)GM-Garr Wrote:  I'm just not sure how the game will react to casting a skill while casting a skill (Yo dawg!), so the safest way would be to "cast cancel" the one in casting. But this will affect all people, hence the poll.

^ is that something you'll have to code so the current casting skill gets cancelled? I think if this change is put in place then it would make sense to cancel the currently casting spell to prevent weird multi-casting and op-ness O_O

RE: Fly wings, and other things of a bunch. - GM-Garr - 01-18-2015 04:54 AM

Yes, that's exactly the reason for this poll.

Current situation: if you're casting a skill, you can use Blue potion, but can't use fly wing or anodyne.

Possible outcome: if you're casting a skill and use Blue potion, nothing interesting happens, you continue to cast and potion has its effect applied. If, however, you use fly wing or anodyne, the skill you're casting will be interrupted, and the item skill will take precedence, so you'll teleport/endure.

RE: Fly wings, and other things of a bunch. - Story Teller - 01-18-2015 02:30 PM

So in other words, classes with cast delay (monks and wizzies) would be able to escape in dire situations with the said teleport item? And with skill items you would cancel your original first one to make the scroll version work? Garr, is the person that asked you this one of the cast delay users?

Icon_mad

RE: Fly wings, and other things of a bunch. - Vhaerun - 01-18-2015 02:56 PM

With that in mind, I'd say to allow skill casting consumables over not allowing them. If it could be tailored with a variable or something to allow wings to be used while casting but disallow other skill casting items that would act as a cast cancel(if that is how it would react), that'd be even better.

Still though, if that can't be done, it would be balanced out a bit by said consumables being uncommon and not sold by npcs.

RE: Fly wings, and other things of a bunch. - The Legendary Joe - 01-18-2015 09:34 PM

I don't ever remember being able to Fwing while I have a green bar filling over my head. I do however remember being able to spam pots during that green bar so I could heal while prepping my nukes.

Meh, I say leave it as is.

RE: Fly wings, and other things of a bunch. - whitedraw - 01-18-2015 10:30 PM

To me, i would leave it as it is...