heRO-Server Forum
SVN update - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: SVN update (/showthread.php?tid=3045)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

SVN update - Salvosa - 06-29-2007 10:12 PM

Since I've come back only one question has been on my mind.

Is the SVN coming?

I'm not sure if most people are aware, but the update is vital. With it comes a plethora of class related bug fixes. If one of your skills is glitchy or worthless, chances are it is fixed in the new SVN.

At the moment, the character I am trying to make is completely broken. I simply cant accept that. So please keep in mind that I am in no way rushing Panda, I just wan't to know that the SVN will come.

Thus my suggestion:

In my opinion there should be an announcement on the forum that keeps us updated with the following [Sub-version related] news:

1. What is currently being worked on.

2. What is going to be worked on next.

3. What remains to be done for the SVN to be ready for release.

I also believe that there should be provided an ETA for the completion of what is currently being worked on, and that the page be updated as new things occur. This way people will know without a doubt that progress is being made.

I really do apologize for being so pushy about this, but I feel that the lack of information is leading people to believe that the SVN will never be ready.

RE: SVN update - jman212 - 06-30-2007 02:41 AM

yeah..i wanna know also..its been a helluva while.Icon_suprised

RE: SVN update - Kojiro - 06-30-2007 02:53 AM

Pandora said ingame the other day that the new svn it's coming up... let's just wait.

RE: SVN update - ShadesOfBlue - 06-30-2007 03:33 AM

ive been wondering myself .. its been comeing for a long while now.

RE: SVN update - Bloody - 06-30-2007 04:00 AM

I am sure that no good will come out of a ETA. I learned from past experience that if you promise people an ETA, they will bitch, moan and whine if the update doesn't happen on the estimated time. Yeah it is taking a long time, I hope it doesn't take this long, but seriously, rush the update and the server might have a lot of bugs that cause a rollback or a wipe. I am sure no one (Aside from Krimlin) wants this to happen.

RE: SVN update - Général_Argos - 06-30-2007 10:44 AM

Bloody Wrote:bugs that cause a rollback or a wipe

EvilOk

Laugh

I think Pand is working hard on the svn and if there is one thing that she does'nt need is people adding presure on her.

(But btw I hope something will be done for alde castle with July patch.Icon_twistedIcon_biggrin)

edit : nvm, I just saw pand's post on the topic after.Sweat

RE: SVN update - GM-Pandora - 06-30-2007 11:23 AM

Actually, I was gonna make a progression thread, it's in my to do list and I'll get to it eventually. I'll also need volonteer to help me test when the time comes (don't send me name now).

Clearly it's been ages and yeah the SVN is more than long overdue. We're so far behind there is lots of difference between our svn and the newest ones. I'm trying to be as careful as possible to not screw it up.

Also, I'd like to point out that our current SVN is VERY stable, I know there are bugs with some skills but aside from that, the server never crashes. eAthena has been focusing on features more than stability over the past months, the "stable" branch are not so stable anymore, I'm afraid to trade that for a few neat features and new flashy classes. Well, the testing will tell, I'll keep you posted when I have stuff worth reporting.

RE: SVN update - Salvosa - 06-30-2007 03:23 PM

I'm glad to hear that was already on your agenda.

For the record, I'm not pressuring the SVN switch, I'm pressuring information on progress.

As I was saying before, the svn update is much more than a few new flashy classes. Hell, I dont even really like ninja or slinger. I only care about the item updates, skill updates monster updates and map updates. Namely skills, since at the moment neither vital strike nor charge attack work correctly, (just as an example, many classes suffer from non-working skills eg. ruwatch & sight etc.).

After playing on another server for a while with no crashes at all, I can guarantee that the most current SVN is stable. There is no place like home though, so I am eager to see "home" get renovated.

Anyway! Thanks for the response. That definitely took a load off my mind.

RE: SVN update - Général_Argos - 07-01-2007 12:47 PM

I just want to point that runwach and sight do work...

RE: SVN update - Salvosa - 07-01-2007 02:20 PM

And I just want to point out that you're wrong. >.>;

You do realize that Sight and ruwatch are only supposed to take you out of hiding when you are within the effect right?

You can be standing 3 or 4 cells away from sight and still be taken out of hiding here. That's annoying and broken.

Just not for mages/acos/anyone with a sight clip.