heRO-Server Forum
heRO On Second Monitor - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: heRO On Second Monitor (/showthread.php?tid=3307)

heRO On Second Monitor - betrthnu - 08-08-2007 07:17 AM

I have a quite particular problem. I use two monitors, and run heRO windowed so I can use Trillian and heRO at the same time. (it makes Alt+Tab easier and faster) I like to have Trillian on my first/main monitor, but for some reason I cannot get heRO to work on the second monitor. I get a still image. I have tried many things, and am out of options. Any support would be much appreciated

RE: heRO On Second Monitor - GM-Pandora - 08-08-2007 09:54 AM

What happens if you start hero windowed on your first monitor and then drag it to the second?

Sorry I'm not too familiar with 2-screen, I only ever used one, but I've seen other people use that and it seemed to work good for them (no RO, but their work stuff).

The only suggestion I have is to play with the setup.exe I guess, but it's very possible RO doesn't support this.

RE: heRO On Second Monitor - ShadesOfBlue - 08-08-2007 09:57 AM

i often have done the same thing but i cant say my other moniter ever froze. have you tryed any new drivers for your card .. if so revert back to an earlier driver etc etc .. sorry i know no help Icon_sad

RE: heRO On Second Monitor - Motenai_Ronin - 08-08-2007 01:12 PM

I have not heard of this problem 8/ tho i often do dual screen work for playing movies, if you say ur RO freezes on the other monitor i would gather the problem could be caused by driver error, a error in setup, or possibly even an error/confliction in some codecs you have on your system...

RE: heRO On Second Monitor - Asumi - 08-08-2007 08:31 PM

RO Does not freeze....what is shown is a still image...once I drag it back over to the first monitor, all is well. It is almost as though RO doesn't refresh when it is on the second monitor.

Edit: I got it working. Thank you very much heROes. In settings, I used Direct 3D instead of my card for the graphics acceleration.