heRO-Server Forum
Pet Dilema - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poll - Give Your Opinion! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Pet Dilema (/showthread.php?tid=4083)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pet Dilema - GM-Pandora - 11-18-2007 11:26 PM

As most of you know we have custom pets on hero, refer to this post for more information:
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2791

Sadly, our pets can currently only loot, that is because there is a setting in server that is currently on (its default) and requires pet to be wearing their cute-pet-armor for skills to work.

That works fine for the regular RO pets, but not for our custom, thus none of them currently have skills (aside from being able to loot).

So why can we not give our custom pets armors? Well first of, we need the sprite for them, I got about 3-4 that do technically have a sprite made that I got on a custom website (where I get all our gear sprites), however I have not been able to make them work T_T But it should technically be possible.

But even if we do make the few we have working, we would still be missing a cute-pet-armor item for most of our custom pets. The ones for which we got the graphics, from memory are succubus & wildrose and some for future pets (lude, loli ruri). We'd still be missing 11 sprites + more since we got other pets coming in future updates.

One option would be to change the server setting and allow pets to use skills with no cute-pet-armor, but if we change it, it affect all pets including regular ro ones.

So.. I guess I'm wondering what does everyone think is best? Poll is public and open for 2 weeks.

RE: Pet Dilema - Namine - 11-18-2007 11:34 PM

*votes for first option*

Don't really see why not... Namin? does not see much "exploit" possible. Perhaps it does make the original pet's equipment to be rather useless except to look pretty (pyo-chan with her pacifier is still cute~) but that is a rather minor sacrifice overall in comparison to what the server can do with the custom pets~

If other original pet owners really strongly disagree... then randomly add in the original pet equip armor as ingredient for something, somewhere to make them "useful" again. But really, Namin? is fine with making them purely cosmetic and enable all pets to use their skills~

RE: Pet Dilema - Force-Attuned Krogoth - 11-19-2007 02:08 AM

I like the first option. Pets are cosmetic, or an inconvenient convenience, at best. Looters are handy to have around for fishing or mining, but they won't be affected by this. Isis and her magnificat are nice, but a common drop off a common MVP isn't very difficult to get ahold of these days. I don't see much reason we should require the accessories, though most people will still get them for looks.

RE: Pet Dilema - The Legendary Joe - 11-19-2007 02:14 AM

What they said.

RE: Pet Dilema - ShadesOfBlue - 11-19-2007 02:15 AM

i voted the way i did because of the amount of time it took me to get my bapho jr's cute pet armour so he could use his skill. i only got it recently and now your gonna make it not needed. grrrr MadMad

RE: Pet Dilema - Namine - 11-19-2007 02:19 AM

Hence why Namin? suggested how pet armor can be used as quest ingredients instead... then that way, those who hunted for it can still put the item to a good use on top of cosmetic purposes, and everyone else still has to work for the pet item in order to complete the quest in the end ^_^; Then Mr. Anak's effort will not be wasted, hm?

RE:??Pet Dilema - Jack Skellington - 11-19-2007 02:22 AM

Namine Wrote:Hence why Namin? suggested how pet armor can be used as quest ingredients instead... then that way, those who hunted for it can still put the item to a good use on top of cosmetic purposes, and everyone else still has to work for the pet item in order to complete the quest in the end ^_^; Then Mr. Anak's effort will not be wasted, hm?

Wouldn't that make it so those who want the items for their pet need to get the item twice if it is used in a quest as well?

RE: Pet Dilema - Namine - 11-19-2007 02:23 AM

Jack Skellington Wrote:Wouldn't that make it so those who want the items for their pet need to get the item twice if it is used in a quest as well?

They can give up their pet equip and use it for the quest directly, since the pets will use abilities regardless of the pet equip...

Of course, if it is to be kept for cosmetic purposes... well~~ anyone has better ideas to replace Namin?'s?

RE:????Pet Dilema - Jack Skellington - 11-19-2007 02:29 AM

Namine Wrote:
Jack Skellington Wrote:Wouldn't that make it so those who want the items for their pet need to get the item twice if it is used in a quest as well?

They can give up their pet equip and use it for the quest directly, since the pets will use abilities regardless of the pet equip...

Of course, if it is to be kept for cosmetic purposes... well~~ anyone has better ideas to replace Namin?'s?

We could always find out what the pet skills for the custom pets would be first, to see if it is worth waiting to have a custom item for them and get it to work, or if just having them loot is better?

I haven't gotten any of the pet equips yet, so I might be partial to not having to get it just out of pure laziness for my pet lunatic.

RE: Pet Dilema - Kadar - 11-19-2007 02:30 AM

I voted for the 1st option but I still think it would be nice if pet armors worked for the custom pets. It would be nice to have them working but there are much more important issues that pets.