heRO-Server Forum
heRo on Linux? - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: heRo on Linux? (/showthread.php?tid=4909)

heRo on Linux? - Kirby_Z - 01-25-2008 06:50 PM

Hi, I looked in the search and didnt found anything that could help me. Is there's a way to play heRo on Linux? Im using the latest Ubuntu.

Thanks! Icon_biggrin

RE: heRo on Linux? - Rhino_Man - 01-25-2008 07:35 PM

RO does work with linux, however there is a catch. You need to either download and modify a linux specific client to work with HeRO or use WINE.

RE: heRo on Linux? - GM-Pandora - 01-25-2008 10:52 PM

Doable as far as I know, but I'm sorry our assisstance doesn't reach that far you'll have to figure that one on your own.

RE: heRo on Linux? - Rhino_Man - 01-27-2008 09:45 PM

*waves* I can find the client but I don't know if I can make it work properly on HeRO. There's a lot of custom stuff that the Linux/Unix clients might not like.

The alternative is to figure otu how WINE works (it's a windows Emulator)

RE: heRo on Linux? - Lysander - 01-28-2008 10:03 AM

I'm getting a new laptop and I plan on running Linux on it and I'll check out WINE and if that yields any results (ie: lets me play HeRO) I'll post a little guide about it

RE: heRo on Linux? - Kirby_Z - 01-28-2008 12:51 PM

Lysander Wrote:I'm getting a new laptop and I plan on running Linux on it and I'll check out WINE and if that yields any results (ie: lets me play HeRO) I'll post a little guide about it

That should be great, I now seldom use my dear Linux cuase most of the time in my pc is to play RO, so I have to switch back to M$ Window$Mad

RE: heRo on Linux? - Serenity - 01-28-2008 12:59 PM

Yes, you can use WINE to play RO on Linux. A friend of mine is doing it. However, you have to modify the grf file from hero to change the host name into IP.