heRO-Server Forum
Good ways to promote the server - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Good ways to promote the server (/showthread.php?tid=6048)

Pages: 1 2

Good ways to promote the server - Yuriohs - 05-05-2008 09:58 PM

Ok, Ive just migrated to this server, and I see that there isn't that many people on. I came up with this topic so that we can figure out ways to get people to know about this server from the outside.

One Idea that I have, is to have people record events and make movies.
They have to be really good at it, so people can understand whats goin on. Cause really, how many of yall look at youtube everyday?

Another way, for people who really wanna rep this server, if you have a Myspace or Facebook or whateva, you should put the videos that are epic in ur profiles. Show um off to Rag vets.

But if you don't like these ideas, come up with some that will attract a big crowd. O, and attracting rich,whininy kids is good because all they will do is donate $$$ to the server and play (that might be bad for the players, but good for the server!)

RE: Good ways to promote the server - GM-Pandora - 05-05-2008 10:37 PM

Whiny rich kids usually only donate if they will get uber by doing so, which is not the case here.

But I'm all for trying to recruit more players, thanks for the suggestions ^_^ keep them coming everyone!

One way that works good is writting a review for us on RMS hint hint Icon_wink
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=793&url_sname=heRO

RE: Good ways to promote the server - Aaronock - 05-06-2008 04:30 AM

Indeed, and voting, don't forget voting on the front page Panda, we've been hurting there the past few months =(

RE: Good ways to promote the server - GM-Ayu - 05-06-2008 09:30 AM

Aaronock Wrote:Indeed, and voting, don't forget voting on the front page Panda, we've been hurting there the past few months =(

To be honest, I never liked voting. Usually the really high up there servers got secret incentives to vote, or cheats using proxy to do it =/ Reviews on the other hand are definitely human, and even describes why a server is so good and what is so unique about it as well. I do vote myself, but you usually don't see me talking about voting as much as reviewing ^_^;

RE: Good ways to promote the server - Général_Argos - 05-06-2008 09:49 AM

I lost faith in voting system a while ago, its outrageous to see how many servers have a better ranking than our one and are "hey hi, this a server we made 2 weeks ago, come see our website to check how leet we are"

...And they have a "leet" 15 players population and have a better rank than us on the top 200/top 100 website... Any voting system on internet is subject to fraud... RMS rating review system is far more better.

RE: Good ways to promote the server - Fruityla - 05-06-2008 10:20 AM

I've seen horror stories about cheating on the voting system x_x like one person disguising his/her server as another.

Besides, all voting is merely "Who can click a button the most" wheras reviews actually say something about the server. Reviews have their downsides too, like people bashing/flamming, but at least those are easy to pick out and brush off Icon_smile

..And their lack of space >_<; 350 characters is NOT ENOUGH for a review RMS!

RE: Good ways to promote the server - GM-Ayu - 05-06-2008 12:19 PM

If 350 character is not enough, there is always the RMS forums where you can write a detailed review about ^_^ We greatly appreciate either type of reviews either way, be it the 350 character one on RMS main page or the ones in their forum.

RE: Good ways to promote the server - Chojiro - 05-06-2008 01:22 PM

You know, gs200 is corrupt. I think they may even be responsible for "cheaters"

RE: Good ways to promote the server - Yuriohs - 05-06-2008 07:31 PM

Yea, from the last server(s) I came from, I only found them out because of either ads on RMS, or it was unique (one of them was a anarchy server)

But Im gonna try my best to get together my old RO crew and rep this server up!!!

RE: Good ways to promote the server - Keefa - 05-07-2008 03:53 AM

If everyone does that, we'll have a huge server in no time.

I keep on voting every morning. I even took 10 minutes to register at RMS and wrote up a small review. Wasn't hard at all and I could do it while I was regening. That way I didn't lose a second of my training time. Handy, huh?

Another place where we could advertise is the eA forum. They have a specific place dedicated to that, right? Some veterans such as me still hang around there.