heRO-Server Forum
Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2? - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poll - Give Your Opinion! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2? (/showthread.php?tid=7475)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2? - Rankin - 08-28-2010 10:07 AM

hope it's F2P with a decent item shop so i dont have to blow money on FFXIV and RO2

RE: Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2? - Frosty - 08-28-2010 12:38 PM

yeah RO2 = fail. I doubt it will have much to set it apart from the other free to plays. Except porings. I reckon it will just be like ROSE or Fiesta. IMO they should spend more time on the new build of RO2 and stop spending so much on their P2P RO which is crap anyway (hooray for heRO!). Face it, RO is getting old wether we like it or not and eventually they are going to have to move with the times before people stop playing it because "its old and has lame graphics(compared to new 3D mmo)"

RE: Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2? - Former-GM-Nara - 08-29-2010 03:13 AM

I like the idea of 'secondary job' for the alchy and smiths but I highly doubt Homus will come back. Still no Dancers QQ

When it comes to cash shops: They WILL be better items then what you can find in game unless its the total end game epic gear. All games have something different that they do with cash shop but that makes you buy it in the end. Some games have storage expansions, others have pets that boost your stats and pick up your loot, some even have gears that rival in-game ones with hax stats and upgradability. The game does show promise but then again so did the ps3 -_-'

RE: Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2? - Frosty - 08-29-2010 04:18 AM

lol ps3

RE: Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2? - Rankin - 08-29-2010 07:59 AM

i love my PS3, better than my pos Wii and 360, PS2, and N64. D:<

RE: Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2? - Former-GM-Nara - 08-29-2010 11:39 AM

PS3 had many promises and many things that they said it would be and then it wasn't and it was still over priced for a long time to the point that most PS3 original exclusive games became multi-console. Hens PS3 was a big disappointment.

Back to RO2, I may be QQing that they changed a lot, but they have to in order to make RO2 different from RO1 which was their main first mistake when they started making the game. Not having super high epic graphics has a huge benefit: Everyone can play and enjoy the game. When the Konan game came out a friend of mine had to buy a brand new overly priced computer and parts just so he could play the game properly. People don't have that kind of money these days so going with a lower graphic standard then the newer top of the line games that are out/coming out, is a rather large benefit.

RE: Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2? - RoChickita - 08-31-2010 12:18 PM

The reason RO1 is so popular is because it's not "3D" or "realistic". It's just plain cute and a good challenge. RO2 is just a wannabe

RE:??Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2? - Former-GM-Circe - 08-31-2010 10:39 PM

GM-Nara Wrote:Hens PS3 was a big disappointment.

I'm sorry. I can't talk to you any more, Nara. Icon_razz

Of course any cash shop they have will have better items. The game cost a bunch to develop... both times, and they need to make that money back. If the items in the shop are equal to ones already found in game, who's going to bother with the cash shop, and therefore, directing any money back to the devs?

RE: Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2? - Rankin - 09-01-2010 04:56 AM

http://ro2legend.com/blog/images/screencapture2010083113z.jpg
http://ro2legend.com/blog/images/screencapture2010083113.jpg

Character Creation Screenshots from the CBT of RO2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL0MiFneEIE
gameplay from the CBT

RE: ??Would YOU play the new Ragnarok Online 2? - Aaronock - 09-01-2010 06:40 AM

GM-Circe Wrote:
GM-Nara Wrote:Hens PS3 was a big disappointment.

I'm sorry. I can't talk to you any more, Nara. Icon_razz

Of course any cash shop they have will have better items. The game cost a bunch to develop... both times, and they need to make that money back. If the items in the shop are equal to ones already found in game, who's going to bother with the cash shop, and therefore, directing any money back to the devs?

Yah but are these items so overpowering that you will HAVE to have them?
What I mean for a fair cash shop is stuff like consumables (battle manuals, elu, ori, etc). Exclusive headgears will probably pop out of them too along with free reset items but whatever.

What I don't want to happen is the best weapons, armors, etc ALL come from Cash Shop. What will want me to challenge myself in this game if I can simply buy the best gear from the get go? :D