heRO-Server Forum
My swordie -> knight build, critique? - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: My swordie -> knight build, critique? (/showthread.php?tid=8635)

Pages: 1 2

My swordie -> knight build, critique? - destroika - 01-18-2009 03:57 AM

So I've used a certain agi build that has worked great for me so far on the original iRO as well as dozens of private servers. I'd like to think I've perfected it, but now I'm going to melt my pride and see how others would critique it.

Novice: start with
9 str,
9 agi,
6 dex,
4 vit

-starting with your first point in str, get
10 str,
10 agi,
10 dex,
11 vit
in that order.

-then, since the stat point cost is the lowest in this range and all these stats will be much higher later, finish off str, agi and dex at 11, now you're base level 10.
-by base level 12, get 14 vit and go become a swordie.
-even though this is a agi build, it's inefficient to start with agi since you can't get enough points in the agi stat at the beginning to sufficiently increase your attack speed and flee. For now, vit will be your defense, and at higher levels, it will aid in increasing your max hp.
-I stay with a 1H sword all the way to knighthood for the massive defense of a shield and increased attack speed over a 2H. Even though you hit for slightly less than a 2H, your over all damage per second (dps) will be greater.
-I also invest all my money in the weapons first as that will be your greatest benefit both in offense and in defense; "a good defense is a good offense" - I learned this in WoW as a warrior the hard way with arena points... get a blade and upgrade it to +7 asap, then save up for a ring pummel saber (rps) and upgrade it to +6. A +6 rps has a damage range very close to an un-upgraded tsurugi so you can stick with that for a while. (you'll have a much higher min damage, but a slightly lower max damage compared to the +0 tsurugi). After you get the +6 rps, then get armors until you begin to collect rough oridecons, then save for the tsurugi and get it and upgrade it as much as you can. Concentrate on upgrading the tsurugi to it's safe limit and then put your concentration back into leveling.

Swordie: 12/1 with
11 str,
11 agi,
14 vit,
11 dex.

-First, the order of skills, point by point, going to job level 50:
10 hp recovery,
10 1H sword mastery,
5 bash, 3 mag break,
5 bash, 5 provoke,
1 endure,
10 2H sword mastery.
2H mastery is needed for leveling as a knight and 1H swords with a shield have uses for heavy situations as a knight.

Balancing the stats as you level is tricky, you need more flee to have a better chance of avoiding damage per attack and more str to kill more quickly, reducing the amount of attacks that can damage you. Unlike the thief class, swordsman have the luxury of much higher max hp, an hp recovery skill that is actively healing you as you take damage and the ability to equip heavier armors, greatly reducing the damage that does manage to hit you.

-stats: level 20
11 str
11 agi
26 vit
11 dex
-stats: level 26
21 str
13 agi
26 vit
15 dex
-stats: level 42, job ~33
27 str (+3 at job 33)
41 agi
26 vit
18 dex
-stats: level 53
28 str
61 agi
26 vit
18 dex
-stats: level 63, ~44 job
36 str (+4 at job 44)
71 agi
26 vit
24 dex
-stats: level 68, ~50 job
36 str
80 agi
26 vit
24 dex

Knighthood

Skills, in order of point by point to job 50:

1 peco riding
5 cavalier mastery
10 2H quicken
10 spear mastery
5 pierce
3 spear stab
10 brandish spear
5 pierce

Since you are reborn as a novice for the Lord Knight tree, it is pointless to put the points in the skills that would normally unlock Lord Knight skills BEFORE you have been reborn. This is simply to get TO the reborn part.

Knight:
-stats: level 71, ~33 job
44 str (+6 at job 33 which rises really fast at this base lvl)
80 agi
26 vit
24 dex
-highest I ever got in iRO (2/2/2 sakray) was level 74, below is private servers-
-stats: level 82
44 str
99 agi
26 vit
24 dex
-stats: level 88
62 str
99 agi
26 vit
24 dex
-stats: level 99
62 str?? +8
99 agi?? +2
26 vit?? +10
24 dex??+6
56 luk?? +4

unbuffed/ungeared raw stats: 129 hit, 200 flee, 7 perfect dodge, 19 crit, 61 hp regen (basic hp regen, not the skill) and 4 sp regen.

Why so much of the luk stat?
Answer:
Since critical attacks are not linked to your hit ability - increased by dex - and since they ignore armor (and I think vit too) of your enemy, it maximizes your damage as well as provides a different attack angle. It also provides you with the perfect dodge, a different angle of avoiding damage that stacks in a unique way with flee. I honestly don't understand how flee and perfect dodge combine, all I know is if you have +100 perfect dodge, you are literally immune to physical damage as no attack will successfully land. (tested on a shr private server with 999 max luk stat.)

My basic leveling guide:

Novice:
-until level 12: kill anything that doesn't kill you.

Swordie:
- until level 26: *server specific: pay_fild01*, generally culverts_02 or pay_dun01
- until level 42: *server specific: moc_fild18*, generally culverts_02/03
- until level 53: mjolnir07 (poison spore mobbing) and/or orc_dun01
- until level 63: moc_fild17 (hodes), orc_dun02 zenorcs and/or coal mines03

Knight:
- until level 71: gef_fild08 (kobolds) and/or orc_dun02 zenorcs
- until level 82: cmd_fild03 anolians (you want a wind element spear for pierce here)
- until max level: not really sure, I'm guessing Sphinx_dun04/05

So let me know what you people think... where can this be improved?

Edit: clarified points of confusion.

RE: My swordie -> knight build, critique? - Avalon_Fates - 01-18-2009 04:59 AM

Ok firstly ill start at the skills.

They are in all honestly broken completly.

1 peco riding
5 cavalier mastery (Pekos give more weight and speed this is fine)
10 2H quicken (Not suppose to be here if your going for 2hand quicken)
Note: Yes you need 2Hand Quicken to get 1 Hand Quicken the problem is you need to be linked to get it. And its quite hard to get Knight Links.
10 spear mastery. (If your going this I assume you are building a spear build...)
5 pierce (Max this oh for the love of everything holy max this.
3 spear stab (Req Skill for the other Spear skills. Only get what you need to unlock them.)
10 brandish spear ( Great skill for leveling but again needs spears to use. If you dont want to use spears you want Bowling Bash)
5 pierce (Uh....is this suppost to be spear boom or something)

Why have 2hand quicken but no bowling bash. You have to decide early whether to go 2Hand Build or Spear. Cant hybrid till LK Sorry.

Ok on to stats.

Simply put theirs 2 ways to solo as a knight.

Agi Build
Vit Build

The Agi Build is usually much much cheaper *if you don't get hit you dont need to heal* and with 2hand quicken or peirce spamming it allows you to level quite effectivly. Bowling Bash or Brandish for mobbing depending on spear or sword. Now I might get flamed for this but Brandish is a better skill for mobbing, its not as strong as Bowling but it has a good advantage. It pushes everything away when you use it, allowing for some time to heal when needed *if done right you can attack the mob with only one threat reaching you every brandish* Bowling Bash does more damage for sure, and is actually useful in stuff like PVP but lacks in the fact that it pushes the mob up and on itself so they never leave attack range and you gotta keep up the healing untill they are all dead. *If done right people can use the same way as Brandish but it requires mastery of these gutter lain things and honestly I find bowling bash tends to knock things around sidewards way to much causing me to somehow Flank myself.

As a vit build you level entirely using these mob skills. Again Brandish or Bowling depending on taste and whether you use a spear or a sword.

Im telling you right now the way your stats are setup its going to kill you dead. You have Nowhere near enough strength or dex. The reason why is proably because of you fascination of Luck so let me explain.

Luck, Is sadly pretty useless in most builds. The only time it is used is in crit builds and only if the crit is reaching 80-90+ otherwise you WILL need dex to hit things. Also Luck only affect critical strikes so all of your skills would miss *Skills can Crit*. About Lucky Dodge. 7 Lucky Dodge means you will do a Lucky Dodge 7% of the time and only to basic attacks. All skills will hit you and when mobbing thats not good. Unless you are going for a Luck knight *their are certain gears that come along with trying to make one* avoid this stat *definatly if you are going spear knight*

Get Strength above 80
___|Agility- Pick one and stick with it. You make like to stop at 97 and save some stat points here it shouldn't change your Flee or Aspd too badly.
|Vitality- Same wording as agility accept you would only ever need 90 or so. Put the rest somewhere else. Dont try and split between Vit and Agi. *Not untill you are a LK then you are welcome to make a Hybrd build*

Leveling. Holy Hell that doesnt seem right to me...
This is what I did~

Until level 1-10 Spores. (For the love of everything holy go to the Novice Training ground and grab thos Novice pots they will make leveling in the begining sooo much easier.)
Until level 11-20 Wolves~ Again with the Novice pots this should be too hard.
Until Level 21-40 Greatest Generals or Geographers~ Using the Spear hax method leveling is easy. Just get a decent amount of dex in the begining or it might take awhile .

Fates guide to Spear Haxing things.

1. Buy a spear. *Yah sorta needed*
2. Find a Greater General or a Geographer.
3. Postion yourself exactly four Tiles away from the GG or Geo. (Be very careful to make sure you are doing this on flat ground and make sure that the 4 tiles are in a straight line dont go 4 tiles diagonally/ you want to be positioned exactly on the Forth tile in a perfectly straight line to a flat Geo/GG *if you die just check your positioning your proably on the wrong panel or your fighting a raised or lowered geo.*
4. Smash his face in without needing to get hit at all. Easy Exp.

*GUIDE OFF*

41-66 Orc Ladys~ Now these may prove difficult I had the ability to use a Hydra Spear when fighting these you proably dont. So try and pick up a elemental spear to handle these girls. Great Exp and Drops tho.

60-99 High Orcs.~ This is the cheapest way to level I have ever found but it requires a few things.
--A Ice Spear *I do believe they are fire if i'm wrong someone correct me*
--Level 10 Pierce.
--High Strength
--Some Orange or Yellow Pots.

Now find a Solo High Orc and just start spamming pierce and pots till its dead. Fantastic Exp and because they lack HP it only takes a few good pierces to take one down. If you will find this too hard stick with the orc ladys untill you want to go to Knight.

70-90 Raydrics~ Enother difficult one to handle but its a good place to level simply because its card is invaluable .

80-99 Anolians work~ you can also try Rachel Mobs, Anubis's or if you have the gears for it Niffliem.

Anyways thats all I have to say for now. If you have any questions post and ill get back to you.

RE: My swordie -> knight build, critique? - Motenai_Ronin - 01-18-2009 05:01 AM

anolians are awesome, they are what i'm doing till 99 I feel.

Guess you're confident if you can start anolians at 82.

RE:??My swordie -> knight build, critique? - destroika - 01-18-2009 07:01 AM

Avalon_Fates Wrote:Ok firstly ill start at the skills.

They are in all honestly broken completly.

1 peco riding
5 cavalier mastery (Pekos give more weight and speed this is fine)
10 2H quicken (Not suppose to be here if your going for 2hand quicken)
??Note: Yes you need 2Hand Quicken to get 1 Hand Quicken the problem is you need to be linked to get it. And its quite hard to get Knight Links.
10 spear mastery. (If your going this I assume you are building a spear build...)
5 pierce (Max this oh for the love of everything holy max this.
3 spear stab (Req Skill for the other Spear skills. Only get what you need to unlock them.)
10 brandish spear ( Great skill for leveling but again needs spears to use. If you dont want to use spears you want Bowling Bash)
5 pierce (Uh....is this suppost to be spear boom or something)

Firstly, it seems the way I wrote this was confused and I just edited my original post to clear it up. It is written in order, point-by-point of job level and that's why I broke up pierce the way you see it. Mob leveling is an efficient way to level so it is why I wanted to max brandish spear first. Pierce just also happens to be a requirement. Also, I used http://rodatazone.simgaming.net/skills/swordman_knight.php to make sure I wasn't missing any links so 10 2H quicken will be available at the point I suggest putting points in it. Also, for swords, it ends at bowling bash with 8 wasted remaining points. True, bowling bash is more powerful than brandish spear, and bowling bash is even crazier with a spear. I've only pvp'd one time on iRO back in the summer of '03 for about 30 minutes with a mage so I can't apply my build to pvp, however, I have noticed the mobs move in strange ways with bowling bash. Brandish spear does serve the same purpose though.

Avalon_Fates Wrote:Why have 2hand quicken but no bowling bash.??You have to decide early whether to go 2Hand Build or Spear. Cant hybrid till LK Sorry.

Why not? Brandish spear serves the same purpose as Bowling bash and bowling bash requires 5 points in the useless counter skill. I can carry more than one weapon on me. I also can pick and choose where I go. If I get tired of piercing anolians, I can use 2H quicken in orc_dun02, or kobolds, or try sphinx_dun04, or pierce or 2H quicken other leveling areas. Please tell me, what exactly I am sacrificing here?

Avalon_Fates Wrote:Ok on to stats.

Simply put theirs 2 ways to solo as a knight.

Agi Build
Vit Build

The Agi Build is usually much much cheaper *if you don't get hit you dont need to heal* and with 2hand quicken or peirce spamming it allows you to level quite effectivly. Bowling Bash or Brandish for mobbing depending on spear or sword. Now I might get flamed for this but Brandish is a better skill for mobbing, its not as strong as Bowling but it has a good advantage. It pushes everything away when you use it, allowing for some time to heal when needed *if done right you can attack the mob with only one threat reaching you every brandish* Bowling Bash does more damage for sure, and is actually useful in stuff like PVP but lacks in the fact that it pushes the mob up and on itself so they never leave attack range and you gotta keep up the healing untill they are all dead. *If done right people can use the same way as Brandish but it requires mastery of these gutter lain things and honestly I find bowling bash tends to knock things around sidewards way to much causing me to somehow Flank myself.

I second the preference on brandish spear, but I'll also add that it is able to be used at a much greater range.

Avalon_Fates Wrote:As a vit build you level entirely using these mob skills. Again Brandish or Bowling depending on taste and whether you use a spear or a sword.

Im telling you right now the way your stats are setup its going to kill you dead. You have Nowhere near enough strength or dex. The reason why is proably because of you fascination of Luck so let me explain.

Luck, Is sadly pretty useless in most builds. The only time it is used is in crit builds and only if the crit is reaching 80-90+ otherwise you WILL need dex to hit things.??Also Luck only affect critical strikes so all of your skills would miss *Skills can Crit*. About Lucky Dodge. 7 Lucky Dodge means you will do a Lucky Dodge 7% of the time and only to basic attacks. All skills will hit you and when mobbing thats not good.??Unless you are going for a Luck knight *their are certain gears that come along with trying to make one* avoid this stat *definatly if you are going spear knight*

Ok, let me clarify... the ending stats with hit, flee, crit, perfect dodge - I made sure to say that was unbuffed, ungeared RAW stats, naked stats if you will. I did fail to clarify exactly, but hoped the high luk stat along with my explanation on why I was preferring the luk would do the trick on explaining that my knight IS a crit knight, therefore I would be obtaining crit gears. Such as, 2x s.rosary with kobold cards, vanberk and orc hero cards in the head gears (s.sunglasses and s.upper head that I haven't decided on yet), ghostring card in a s.armor I haven't picked yet, Chung E card on a s.garmet I haven't picked yet, and so on. I haven't picked out all my objective gear yet, and other than the rosaries of counter and a muramasa, I don't think I would be able to find/afford the rest anyway before I am reborn into the LK tree.

The 7 lucky dodge at this point is just a benefit on the side, but not something to rely on. I just figured it would be important to mention it. Also, 40-50 crit is plenty and putting more points in the luk stat would just be a waste for the shear amount of stat points it would require at that height and cards/gear would be better spent on magic/element defenses that you can't avoid with flee or perfect dodge. I know that 40-50 crit is plenty based on my experience on private servers and my crit warrior in WoW (who has ~43% crit rate unbuffed battle stance with a pvp trinket).

Also, you say I need more dex to hit things and especially with skills since skills don't crit. With an agi build, I am attacking quickly and critting often with a 40-50% chance to crit on attempted swing, regardless if a regular hit would have hit or not. For example, if I am trying to hit a wanderer, whom requires 286 hit to hit him, with 129 I would never land a regular attack, however, roughly half my attempts would land successful crits which, btw, also just happens to be the only way to damage him. A +5 muramasa on a LK with 95 +15 str only does 40 damage non-crit most of the time - I have this set up on another private server (mid-rate server). If a crit should land, it does maximum damage. Also, level 99 with 99 +6 dex as a regular knight only yields 204 hit. With 99 dex, I would not be hitting wanderer. The ONLY way to hit him at level 99 is with magic or crits. In a situation like this, trying to use skills is futile as well, just slashing him down with basic hit-crits will do the job just fine.

This was something I used to debate for a long time, but regular damage has 2 complications: 1) requiring the ability to hit and 2) target's defenses greatly reducing your damage. Even with 80-90 str, try doing damage in turtle island, I dare you to try to do more than 150 damage a hit with a regular weapon. This is my first account on this server so I have to earn everything from the ground up still. I don't have money, or mats, or a smith yet. I'm going to be using regular weapons for a while. Why would I post a leveling strategy if I already had all the gear I needed? I would just take my level 2 novice to fight an argiope with a vital double perfect +10 blade of berzerk, with a +10 gargantuan guard, +10 s.hood with ghoul card, +10 hat with myst card, +10 hard adventurer's suit and my 350 novice potions just because I could.

Avalon_Fates Wrote:Get Strength above 80
??___|Agility- Pick one and stick with it. You make like to stop at 97 and save some stat points here it shouldn't change your Flee or Aspd too badly.

True that 2 agi won't make much of a difference on attack speed, but 2 flee can make a difference if you're pushing your boundaries. And that wouldn't free up enough points to make a real difference in my str damage. Str would only be worth increasing if I can get it to the next multiple of 10. So what other place direly needs 3-5 more points?

Avalon_Fates Wrote:??????????|Vitality-??Same wording as agility accept you would only ever need 90 or so. Put the rest somewhere else. Dont try and split between Vit and Agi. *Not untill you are a LK then you are welcome to make a Hybrd build*

Are you saying that combining str and luk is a hybrid build? On the contrary, luk super charges str by allowing you to crit often and maximizing every point you have in str. And by keeping near mid-ranges you get to put more points in each. If I traded all my luk points for str, I would raise str from 62 to 88 with no crit. I would do about 80-120 more damage on a defenseless target. A 62 (+8 job) str could do about 350 damage to a defenseless target, while a 82 (+8 job) str attack could do about 420. However, my 350 damage attack (with semi-decient gear) would easily have a 40-50% chance to crit doing no longer 350, but 700 damage. Over 10 hits at 420 damage with 82 str, you do 4200 damage. Take the same 10 hits with 62 str and 40% crit, you get 6x 350 damage attacks with 4x 700 damage attacks totalling at 4900 damage. I just did 700 more damage with less str. That's what it comes down to, DPS. There is such a thing as too much of one stat and my goal is to find where they all intersect for maximum efficiency.

Avalon_Fates Wrote:Leveling. Holy Hell that doesnt seem right to me...
This is what I did~

Until level 1-10 Spores. (For the love of everything holy go to the Novice Training ground and grab thos Novice pots they will make leveling in the begining sooo much easier.)
Until level 11-20 Wolves~ Again with the Novice pots this should be too hard.

Yeah, I was making a general guide and I noticed that this server has made some major modifications to some mob's exp yield. I didn't notice this stuff until later. Also, I could have just gone to the training grounds, but to be honest, I forgot about it XD. I've been on too many private servers that just skip over that stuff. That's one of the reason's I'm on a low rate server now, I want to play the game in all it's aspects. And you were fighting wolves at level 11?! I'm thinking pay_fild02... you would be swarmed by 4 other wolves as soon as you touched one.

Avalon_Fates Wrote:Until Level 21-40 Greatest Generals or Geographers~ Using the Spear hax method leveling is easy. Just get a decent amount of dex in the begining or it might take awhile .

Fates guide to Spear Haxing things.

1. Buy a spear. *Yah sorta needed*
2. Find a Greater General or a Geographer.
3. Postion yourself exactly four Tiles away from the GG or Geo. (Be very careful to make sure you are doing this on flat ground and make sure that the 4 tiles are in a straight line dont go 4 tiles diagonally/ you want to be positioned exactly on the Forth tile in a perfectly straight line to a flat Geo/GG *if you die just check your positioning your proably on the wrong panel or your fighting a raised or lowered geo.*
4. Smash his face in without needing to get hit at all. Easy Exp.

Now this is new to me... I didn't know there was a spear glitch. Wouldn't this fall under the realm of an exploit?

Avalon_Fates Wrote:*GUIDE OFF*

41-66 Orc Ladys~ Now these may prove difficult I had the ability to use a Hydra Spear when fighting these you proably dont. So try and pick up a elemental spear to handle these girls. Great Exp and Drops tho.

60-99 High Orcs.~ This is the cheapest way to level I have ever found but it requires a few things.
--A Ice Spear *I do believe they are fire if i'm wrong someone correct me*
--Level 10 Pierce.
--High Strength
--Some Orange or Yellow Pots.

Now find a Solo High Orc and just start spamming pierce and pots till its dead. Fantastic Exp and because they lack HP it only takes a few good pierces to take one down. If you will find this too hard stick with the orc ladys untill you want to go to Knight.

Yeah, I'm new to this server and am starting an account from the ground up = no money and no fancy equips. Plus, I didn't know high orcs were assessable outside a guild dungeon 0_o. I'll look this up.

Avalon_Fates Wrote:70-90 Raydrics~ Enother difficult one to handle but its a good place to level simply because its card is invaluable .

80-99 Anolians work~ you can also try Rachel Mobs, Anubis's or if you have the gears for it Niffliem.

Yeah, I don't have any awesome or even semi-awesome gears, but I think I might have a little money by this point. I'm hoping to have a wind spear of some type or at least a wind two-handed sword by then.

Avalon_Fates Wrote:Anyways thats all I have to say for now. If you have any questions post and ill get back to you.

I just wrote all my questions/comments in between your quotes. I think this will be a productive debate XD.

RE: My swordie -> knight build, critique? - Avalon_Fates - 01-18-2009 02:26 PM

Too begin. Brandish doesn't work with two handed swords I hope you know, thus why if you do want to use both spears and swords you kinda need it Bowling *Bowling Works with all weapons*

Avalon_Fates Wrote:
|Vitality- Same wording as agility accept you would only ever need 90 or so. Put the rest somewhere else. Dont try and split between Vit and Agi. *Not untill you are a LK then you are welcome to make a Hybrd build*

I was more pointing out that you shouldn't have both Vit and Agi until you are a LK, leveling is easier if you stick to one or the other. *more points towards other stats*

In general I dont mind if you go for a Crit build you just have to be aware that Crit builds with that low dex wont be able to Mob Effectively and wouldn't be able to use skills effectively. In relation to your wanderer example..why are you attacking wanderer's and turtles..their are much better ways to level, and not all creatures are def huge. As a person who runs 3 Vanberk Cards *which you should look into getting* Crit is fantastic at times but makes nearly no difference in others.

Also the Spear Hax isnt a glitch spears are suppose to have 4 range but when you click to attack something from outside that range it moves you to 3 Range instead *inside the attack bubble* But if you attack from 4 in the first place it doesn't move you and allows you to attack.

Respond Away~

RE: My swordie -> knight build, critique? - teOx - 01-18-2009 03:26 PM

horrible build. didnt fully read his response but from what i skimmed just listen to fates. your build is terrible at both pvp and pvm. drop the luk add str and dex.

bad levelling spots too.

no offense

RE: My swordie -> knight build, critique? - Motenai_Ronin - 01-18-2009 03:39 PM

You definitely don't have enough STR, that STR shames even my LK, my end build is a 79 str, 72 agi, 65 vit, 16 int, 51 dex, 1 luk

mind you these are only bases and do not count bonuses from gears, or job level.

The problem with your build is str is not enough to make a dent, you seem to have a hybrid thing going, but you seem to have confused that with a crit build, LKs do not need Luk imo, we get our crit rate from gears (kobolds, cursed brooches, muramasa etc), you definitely need more DEX, at that DEX i fail to see how you'd even hit High Orcs, and agi is all well n good, but remember flee doesn't count toward much in WOE, and it can only get you so far facing mvps.

In regards to the using both spears and swords thing, I highly believe it can be pulled off, in fact I am pulling it off, and I don't use BB, I am a 2h-frenzier, Spear clasher / brandisher . So you know you don't have to go the BB route if you truly wish to excel in both areas, now granted you will have to chuck 1hmastery out the window, imo its not needed and def should keep it at lvl one. It is possible to max 2h and spear and still get away with decent skill build. (Albeit however i only have lvl 5 pierce, some people would gawk at that, I personally however, have not and never see the necessity of using it, as my activities depend solely on brandish and spiral)

So pretty much what i'm saying is more or less some of the things i'm sure Fates pointed out to you. Take it or leave it, this is what we've done here 8o

RE: My swordie -> knight build, critique? - Spire - 01-18-2009 08:25 PM

In my opinion, let the poor guy spec anyway he wants.

Most people will tell you to focus on one thing, if you want to be a jack of all trades, by all means, go ahead.

RE: My swordie -> knight build, critique? - GM-Ayu - 01-18-2009 09:46 PM

Sometimes when you try to do too much, you end up with too much on your plate and you drop all of them.

Crit aspect being the hardest for a knight to accomplish, now that mura has such a heavy backlash since bathory armor no longer neutralize your own self-curse. Unless you can always find a Priest to bless you or a Soul Linker to 1h quicken a silver shotel/thin blade... Crit is going to be very tough for a knight, making those luk points difficult to be utilized.

I do believe that LK is relatively the most jack of all trades class already. They can do very decently using the same build to handle pvp, emp break to reasonable results, pvm and mvp all at once (sinx is more fail at one, and totally pwn the other). Sadly even jack of all trades has some limit to what they can do.

I didn't read in too much details either. Luk is the glaring one to me. Unlike smith or the other class, knight just don't have a naturally good crit equipment to help them out. It makes things very, very difficult...

RE: My swordie -> knight build, critique? - Monkey Feet - 01-18-2009 10:18 PM

SG FTW

PvP

PvE

WoE