heRO-Server Forum
A minigame to mow somebody's lawn for hero/evil points - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: A minigame to mow somebody's lawn for hero/evil points (/showthread.php?tid=8926)

Pages: 1 2

A minigame to mow somebody's lawn for hero/evil points - Patapon - 02-11-2009 02:17 AM

See thread title. Discuss.

(Hero quest could be simply mowing the lawn, evil could be like burning it down or something)

RE: A minigame to mow somebody's lawn for hero/evil points - Ellie - 02-11-2009 04:05 AM

Heh heh.

Tearing up their lawn with your hot wheels peco/cart.

RE: A minigame to mow somebody's lawn for hero/evil points - mahawirasd - 02-11-2009 05:53 AM

well the monster exterminator quest is right down your alley methinks...
mow lawn = kill monsters....
burn things down = kill monsters...
SSDD...

-w-

RE: A minigame to mow somebody's lawn for hero/evil points - Patapon - 02-14-2009 07:07 PM

Im' still serious about this idea.

And the monster exterminator quest is NOT lawn mowing, so I'm not even sure why you'd suggest it'd be "right down [my] alley."

I'm thinking about this in more detail and I believe here is what I'd like to see:

For the hero side, you get a custom looking cart that you drag behind you, gaining points as you walk around and mow the lawn.??Skills/Items/whatever are forbidden on the yard.??Rewards are based on the % of lawn mowed, with a bonus if you mow 100% based on how much time you have left.

For the dark side, you must destroy the lawn.??This would involve Plants and Gourds (1000 HP mobs that have the 1-damage-a-hit thing that plants have) scattered around the lawn that you must kill.??Plant-based mobs like Enchanted Peach Tree, Dryads, and others would occasionally arrive to stop your destruction.??Rewards are based on how much of the environment you have ruined.

Given the hero quest is more tedious, hopefully the rewards would be scaled to reflect that you were just bored for 3 minutes or so.

The goal of this is to show that being a hero isn't always about epic adventure or mass slaughtering. Sometimes to make the world brighter you just gotta help a guy mow his lawn. For the dark side, well, it's just being a dick.

RE: A minigame to mow somebody's lawn for hero/evil points - Janicealvein - 02-14-2009 08:06 PM

I like this idea

RE:??A minigame to mow somebody's lawn for hero/evil points - Aaronock - 02-14-2009 10:03 PM

Patapon Wrote:Enter Really Awesome Idea I hope can be somehow scripted here!

I like this idea Icon_smile

RE: A minigame to mow somebody's lawn for hero/evil points - GM-Ayu - 02-14-2009 10:55 PM

dark side =/= epic evil >>;;

they just don't give a crap about the method to whatever they want.

Anyway, I passed a L/D quest to a a non-GM scriptor for another attempt and hopefully it'll work out well.

RE: A minigame to mow somebody's lawn for hero/evil points - mahawirasd - 02-15-2009 10:16 AM

i apologize for second-guessing you.

Now that you have clarified a bit more about what you mean, i think it is a good idea. However, there would be some issues regarding basic move speed.

Furthermore, please clarify one point: we're not allowed/able to actually harm the monsters right? we have to maneuver around the monsters am i correct?

-w-

RE:??A minigame to mow somebody's lawn for hero/evil points - Patapon - 02-16-2009 05:04 AM

mahawirasd Wrote:Furthermore, please clarify one point: we're not allowed/able to actually harm the monsters right? we have to maneuver around the monsters am i correct?

For Light side, there'd be no monsters, just mowing.

For Dark side, it'd be advisable to kill the monsters, and I suppose a bonus for pacifism or genociding could be added to make choices.

Edit: Feel free to expand on this, guys.??I hope you get the general gist of what I'm getting at here and can think of other things for it.

RE: A minigame to mow somebody's lawn for hero/evil points - Ellie - 02-16-2009 05:26 AM

I thinkhaving to just mow the lawn in the light side might get a bit the same for.. 3? minutes.
What if there are plants there, and the light side has to avoid them, too?

LikeWirasortofsaid. XD