heRO-Server Forum
Skoll card and other missing stuff - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Suggestions/Questions (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Skoll card and other missing stuff (/showthread.php?tid=9358)

Pages: 1 2 3

Skoll card and other missing stuff - Rhombus - 03-26-2009

Just wondering if Skoll, skoll pup, hollowring or either of the 2 new monsters are going to get cards. I was also wondering if cards like Scopion King would find its way to the server(perhaps miniboss on anubis map /gg)

RE: Skoll card and other missing stuff - GM-Ayu - 03-26-2009

Most of the new monsters do NOT have cards (you'll notice that they have 10 item drops which is the very maximum. A regular or rare item has eaten the card drop.) As far as I know, only Skoll, Skoll Pup, and God Poring have card graphic arts that we can potentially use.

Technically we can indeed ask many of the talented artists here to draw us the card graphic. But unique fun card effect isn't exactly easy to think of, and for now we aren't the most keen on it given our list of other stuff to do.

RE: Skoll card and other missing stuff - Rhombus - 03-26-2009

Cards are fun to think of, you can just make simple variations to other cards like Skoll Pup - Gain 10% more xp on Fire. Recieve 20% more damage.
Skoll - Increases damage against Earth Property monsters by 50%.
Add a 3% chance of auto casting Level 10 Fire Ball on an enemy when the user receives Physical Damage.

RE: Skoll card and other missing stuff - GM-Ayu - 03-26-2009

I wouldn't consider those unique or exactly fun cards... that's just taking existing cards, swap their targets Sweat

RE: Skoll card and other missing stuff - Rhombus - 03-26-2009

hmmmm, something unique, like everytime you take physcal damage chance of casting demonstrations in a 3 by 3 area
or like immune to freeze, chance of casting sight blaster upon recieving damage

RE: Skoll card and other missing stuff - azurerogue - 03-26-2009

The problem with making new cards is balance. There are already plenty of things pulling on the balance of this game, and making a mis-step with a card could completely change the inteded effects of any number of things in the game.

It's one of the big reasons I'm against custom stuff like that. Of course, if the GMs plan it out and implement it, it could turn out well. It just scares me.

RE: Skoll card and other missing stuff - Jasper - 03-26-2009

Skoll = 50% chance to stone curse when hit. (like garm Icon_smile)

RE: Skoll card and other missing stuff - Général_Argos - 03-26-2009

But over 9000 times more hax xl

RE: Skoll card and other missing stuff - Jasper - 03-26-2009

wear an ED card.....just like you wear a marc vs garm. I don't see the difference.

RE: Skoll card and other missing stuff - azurerogue - 03-26-2009

ED is more dangerous than Marc. The only downside to Marc is not having some other card. ED has plenty of risks. More damage from holy, more damage from fire. Assuming the person has any MDEF, many casters would prefer that someone wears an ED rather than SCing them (assuming we're talking about killing someone, not just disabling them).

Stone Curse also generally disables people more. It's also harder to counter than simply freezing. That's why it would be so much more hax.