• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hero needs villains!
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE: Hero needs villains!

*Points at ayu's replies*
Look @ that and listen.

Then learn from those mistakes.

If HeRO has a villain it needs to be someone who can handle it, someone the GM's think can deal with having (RP) hate towards.

Like the examples the GM's gave before, some people can't handle being someone who's posted as a villain.

But lol Sekaru and Pyronic would be pretty cool as villains there the dream team anyway.

thats imo

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-17-2009 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

hmm, it IS hard to think of something??for the said villains to do while still trying to follow the set rules... and it's even harder when they can't really change much in the world.??ie: Kiddnapping of a player has been done, and I think I was one of the ones who said let them rot, some hero I am huh?

Kidnapping of an NPC that would trigger other NPC's to dissalow stuff, would require scripting, like??Kidnapping the Warp Sisters, so the??Warp dude??won't warp you because he's too worried about his sister to help you with stuff, that'd probably cause some people to leave with a lack of warper.

Could Rob the royal treasury,??raise suspicion on the Thief guild in??Morroc and cause a little ruckus among the nobles and the king. Then again, they already know it's just a zeny trap, and i don't think people would care much if the booty just went to a GM char, /swt

There are other Ideas I can toss out there, but that'd require things like Blowing up the coal mines so people can't mine (requires custom map edit) or poisoning the waters so people can't fish (Maybe edit the water sprite so it'd look purple? but that'd look nasty on other maps)

I've never applied for the position, but I feel I'm just an Idea person.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2009 11:58 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-17-2009 11:56 PM
Flapjack Offline
Ahoy!

I would love being part of the roleplaying team, but for now, many people aren't quite sure of where are we RP-wise. I'm a bit confused with the Wiki article re: the lore that we're having currently.

Captain Flapjack - 8x/50 Hunter - Wonders if the cake Pandora baked has an expiry date.
Janus Firebrand - 3x/2x Merchant - Rests too much. *Hey, quit playing hooky!*
Blaize Brightflame - 6x/2x Soul Linker - Likes his red hair better than blonde.
08-18-2009 08:48 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

>_> Don't single out any real player as "villain material" ever again... label sticks far beyond just RP or playing once you make it official in any form. Even having players (nobles) in last year's experimental run on the good side caused plenty of trouble, so until we have a better Story Manager, I doubt that we'll have player-centric approaches again.

It's not about making someone who doesn't mind being villain OR a hero so the "mistake to be learned" is to find someone who doesn't mind. Rather, the simple existence of them that's capable of having any effects that will actually matter will affect the whole server, and more often than not, players are easily offended by something they see even if they are not involved directly (most of the time, it's issues with "disturbingly inappropriate and unprofessional GM behaviors".)

I'm personally more aligned to the "RP Server's type of GM" in thinking of the story... since my RP experience is for table tops where one wrong move will definitely prompt the GM to kill off your characters permanently without hesitance. In here, even 1% exp loss can result in end of the world.

RO is a game about maximizing gain by minimizing time spent. A story usually does the opposite, as they use as much time as necessary to get a point across, while the drops aren't necessarily any good.

08-18-2009 10:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aneko Away
§†Twisted Mistress†§

Edit: *Points to Nya Nya Crew forums for Ayu's eyes only*

Once Proud Co-Leader Of Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social/Non Woe Guild ‡†¥

♥Lady Aneko: Lvl 99/70 FS High Priest
♥Hisa: Lvl 9x/6x High Wizard
♥Maki: Lvl 9x/6x Sniper
♥Honoka: Lvl 8x/5x Assassin Cross
-~Happily owned by Saiich Bloodbane~-
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2009 12:28 AM by Aneko.)
08-18-2009 04:01 PM
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

RE:??Hero needs villains!

Aneko Wrote:*Points to Nya Nya Crew forums*
*Points to pointless reference to non-public information*

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
08-18-2009 04:09 PM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

theres only one person u need to talk to if u want RP ideas *Points at Barossa*

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
08-18-2009 07:03 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

Aneko, add me to Nya Nya forums >:o

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
08-18-2009 07:23 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

mega-mvps in exp-loss maps who reduces the server's rates to 1/1/1 (disrupts the world's balance bla bla bla) until the time he and his clones are killed Icon_evil
(we could i.e. let surtur come out of muspelheim and place him in several areas around the world, i.e. 1 in yuno fields, 1 in morroc fields, 1 in niff fields, 1 in umbala fields, 1 in payon fields - the rate modification is just to really make players come out and kill it)

would require a bit of GM availability that week, mainly to change the rates and reset the server... But other than making life a pain, for players and a bit for GMs, perhaps it's doable?

-w-
08-18-2009 10:55 PM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Set them in maps where if you die more then once you cant be let back into the map till the next day.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
08-19-2009 12:40 AM