Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Two Storage Ideas
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Two Storage Ideas

The first idea is each character get an added 20 to 30 slot private storage from the Banker. That way class specific gears, weapons, ammo don't keep clogging up main Storage.

Another idea s a shortened 100-200 slot Guild Bank that can be purchased without requiring WoE. That way herbs, bottles, Holy Waters, etc can be stored for anyone in guild to use.
08-17-2010 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE: Two Storage Ideas

My previous server had something a little similar to your second suggestion.

Guilds that were at level 10 could hire a private guild room where they could do anything inside, ranging from PvP to MvP, and with a Kafra that let the guild access the player's storage and the guild storage.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
08-17-2010 02:09 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I like that private guild idea. It would of course hurt PvP but would reduce demand on DB rooms. And private guild storage would be nice.
08-17-2010 02:47 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I really don't understand why you have to hold a castle to even have guild storage.

I've seen servers where Kafras themselves allow players of a guild to access the guild's storage. Maybe a change to their script would allow something similar here.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-17-2010 03:30 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE:??Two Storage Ideas

Aaronock Wrote:I really don't understand why you have to hold a castle to even have guild storage.

I believe that it's partly due to the fact that players/WoE-participants are already saying there's little incentive to WoE as is.

The ability to self-transfer by yourself (drop off items in guild storage with one in-guild char, then pick them up with another in-guild char on another account) safely by using guild kafra is one of the top bonus of holding the castle.

Sooooo can't blame the GMs there in refusing to change this, though you can always think of alternative incentive to castle bonuses to take some heat off the GMs' back if they "transfer more WoE incentive into the hands of the non-WoE-ers to make it a kindergarten."

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
08-17-2010 08:33 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Just to me Guild Storage is a feature every guild should have...its kind of how you share the wealth.

I guess a special guild base like discussed above for castle owners sounds cool! I am not sure how you can program it entirely, but maybe it checks if you own a castle, then warps you to a special room with npcs could work. Maybe making one for each castle opened would be neat too. This could work especially cool if you can script them in an instance!!!! :O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-17-2010 08:39 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

referencing to what you wrote about guilds, Aaron, i do believe that the way guilds are set up in RO, most of the time it's only the "higher tier" members who gets more added value from the guild, especially if the guild WoEs...

of course the leader(s) could easily make a guild more equitable to all involved, but most of the time it's just the disbursement of "extraneous" castle drops. Couldn't blame them though, who'd want to see their god item(s) handled by more than 4 people?

anyway... i agree with Nami that we should keep as many "benefits" as possible reserved for WoE-ers. I myself don't WoE, and what Nami wrote is really a plus for me because even if i do play with my wife, sometimes it's just a pain having to wait for her to start her laptop to transfer items when she's busy with other stuff...

-w-
08-17-2010 10:08 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE:??Two Storage Ideas

Aaronock Wrote:This could work especially cool if you can script them in an instance!!!! :O

*throws eA manual + browedit at face* do ittttttttttttttttt

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
08-17-2010 11:04 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Actually, a player xfer is still safer. Guild storage is *guild storage*. Not *person* storage. Guild xfer, someone loots it, and you dunno who took it- except that they're in your guild. Player xfers it, and you *know* who took it- and you have insurance with the GMs to get it returned. Guild Storage- beyond the people who will blacklist the guy who took it (assuming you can figure out *who* has them), there is little incentive to *not* simply keep the god gears.

How about this.
Default "Guild Storage" is painfully small. Say, 20 items, total. Castle-ownership gives you whatever it is now.
If we're gonna add coffers/guild banks to this, then "default" gets room for, say, 5 mil, and Castle'd gives the binary storage limit.
This way, those social guilds that don't give a rat's ass about WoE still have *some* ability for its own storage, and those that do get to keep their advantage over other guild's storage.
Plus, this helps small guilds of Real Life friends (like the one my main is in) something nice they can use, since castle ownership is going to require a *lot* of work and luck for us to pull off.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
08-18-2010 02:58 AM
Mstr Keal Offline
Tayla's Lover

Agreed :3 I personally like the idea.

Mstr Rouge-Rogue 80/50
Mstr Keal-Knight 58/26
----------------------
Help Out Your Server