Storage Capacity
Aira Offline
<.< Mm. Tastes like fame. >.>

RE: Storage Capacity

Oooh! LMAO!

OooooooOOOOOOooooooO Lookie here, A SIGNATURE How... Ordinary o.o

''I've gone to find myself. If I'm not back before I return KEEP ME HERE"
03-11-2007 05:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

Quote:Posted by GM-Pandora - Today 05:54
What are you talking about?
Posted by Aira - Today 05:31
Banners? I can do banners >_>;;

no, no that is my fault. as i explained earlier when i lack sleep and have too much coffee i go hyper. when i saw someone mention the increase storage i went "omg, ftw, wohoo, yay, *shakes everyone's hands then run*" (in anime style, in particular Tomo chan from azumanga)

i was the one who mention the banner. i said
Quote:"lol, it just means more work for pandy. i wish i can make banners so i can be of morale support."

forgive me if that is very confusing for some people.

the thing with changing the storage capacity is, pandy will have to find the line that says how much storage you get. and for a compiler i have no idea what they use for compilation. i usually have the compiler for stuff given to me on a silver platter. (note: reason being i do not study programing, i only did one course on it and it was basic stuff)

from what i know compiling stuff is basicly just typing a bunch of lines to basicly say "here is where the codes are, and here is where i want you to put the machine codes. compiler GO!!! (pokemon style)" (in my case it is just one buttonthat looks like [|>]

i know that usually you have to read what the program says and make sense of it before changing it, so proly if anything that is the one that will take time. not that there is much to do cos changing the storage capacity should be something like this: (note: this is a made up thing, not the real program)

>>>var StorageAtKafra = 300

now all you have to do is change the 300 to 500 so it says:

>>>var StorageAtKafra = 500

but the thing is if this line affect other things then we will be in for a bumpy ride if it isn't done right.

so example 2: say the storage affect merchant's attack for example sake.
it could change their attack value say, from 300 damage to 500 damage if the commands isnt made sure that it doesn't affect other stuff.

the pain on the rear end for programing is always reading the lines which can be very long (but i dont think ro one is very long for things like this, and i highly doubt kafra affect ppl's attacks or anything of the likes) and making sure when u change something it doesn't area affect on the rest of the program. ( i just made that ro sounding cos after all we love hero.)

if anything i highly doubt it will affect anything else, but there is still that miniscule "maybe" which we cant be careful enough with. afterall, nothing is absolute.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
03-12-2007 08:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

heh heh that reminds me of one time i saw a super glitched high atk of a whitesmiths cart ram, i remember it did like several-300k damage XD

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
03-12-2007 09:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Peeka~ Offline
Changing Peco for Motorcycle...

Can I revive this topic and ask for an update on the possibility of getting more storage space ?
*hopefull Peek* :D

Peeka~
05-16-2007 07:41 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Namin? should consider doing storage space rentals at a weekly fee...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-17-2007 12:13 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

We'll only have this with the new svn most likely, it requires a recompile. I'll do it at the same time as I do the compile to increase the max number of account variable (which we need since we're using lots of account vars for the Allegiance system).

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-17-2007 09:09 AM