Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestions (a few)
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

RE: Suggestions (a few)

All I have to say is this:

If I ever see a Stalker using acid demo it is you I'm coming after, Iduncare.Icon_twisted

The rest of your ideas are fine enough to me, but at the same time none of them would effect me much.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
07-09-2007 01:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

I don't particularly like any of these suggestions.

We don't need custom spawns to make life easier on us. Much less mage or thief classes. As far as I see it Archers level the fastest followed by mages, thieves, swordsman, acolytes, and finally merchants. Making a room full of just one particular monster is just asking for abuse.

Making money in RO is all about where you train. You can easily raise the funds to reset if you know where to go. HeRO actually has very very cheap resets from what I've seen on other servers. Every single other server I've been on has only had resets available 1 week out of the year and it cost anywhere from 5mil to 10 mil. We are really spoiled to have them at all.

Having to wait time to heal is a pain. PvP would cost a lot more than it already does. The people who come back with multiple characters all fully healed probably have the money to heal themselves with pots anyway. I don't think limiting free heals would do anymore than cause problems for new players who die frequently.

If stalkers could use trans skills why would you play any other class? It would make them incredibly overpowered. Just play the game as it is meant to be played. People already complain about certain classes getting special treatment. We don't need more of that.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
07-09-2007 01:53 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Suggestions are always welcome, however don't get mad if they are not taken. They are that, suggestions.

Bathory/clock are already available on some maps, I wont be changing their spawn place nor number.
Dark Priest however if they are not available at all in the new svn I'll consider adding a few somewhere.

If I make any change to reset it will be to make it higher and more restrictive, be happy it's there in the first place!

Healer is free until level 20 to accomodate new characters, I have no plan to change it, there's always the inn that is cheaper if you find the price too high. As for delay, I'm not a big fan of it but I've seen it on other server and it's a very valid suggestion to avoid abuse. I don't plan on adding it however, sorry.

As for copycat, it's actually an option in the server configuration. Not sure what it currently is on official but it used to be that stalker could copy skills from trans class.
Rogues could copy skills from 2-1 and 2-2.
Stalker could copy skills from 2-1, 2-2 and trans.
I don't plan on changing that either, but thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

No flaming please. Ideas can be discussed rationally, no one needs to get mad.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-09-2007 09:41 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

If Namine is not mistaken, the original geffen4 has the single dark priest or so.... But, since heRO modified that particular map as a special light/dark custom map, the official map for dark priest, in a way, is inexistant~

Does not hurt to fit one more miniboss-sort-of-thing in geffen4 though when new svn comes around~ Icon_biggrin

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-09-2007 10:15 AM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

Actually, it sounds like that would hurt alot. But in a fun way at least Icon_biggrin

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
07-09-2007 12:46 PM
Iduncare Offline
<3 Holy Krap

thanks panda =D, i just miss all that crap from my old server, which had all of the things i suggested, and that server had very similar rates to this one. But i totally understand if you don't want to implement those things. thanks for reading though
07-09-2007 06:55 PM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

I would personally appreciate a spawn point for dark priests. They're an old monster, used to spawn in/around glast, but got removed; for all I know they haven't been placed anywhere since. Perhaps it was because of their exp efficiency, but there are much better options now anyway. To me, it's simply very nostalgic to engage in a book battle with these guys 'cause their mdef is too high for holy light.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
07-09-2007 07:34 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Sorry made a mistake on Namin?'s part x.x;

It should be the single Hellion Revenant and not the Dark Priest who is at Geffen4 map, together with wind ghost and wraith dead. Wind Ghost does not really matter as they are also in GH, but the wraith dead is otherwise exclusive for the guild dungeon...

Dark Priest is not an implemented monster yet on the official servers to Namin?'s knowledge, even though it even has a card and is a rather useful one too (good job gravity -_-). Hellion Revenant on the other hand, is a total pain that is not only very difficult of a monster, but drops nothing but Eye of Hellion at 3%, an item used for a quest but otherwise has nothing of value.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2007 07:37 PM by Namine.)
07-09-2007 07:35 PM
Iduncare Offline
<3 Holy Krap

dark priest cards make good combos for asura monks >_> so if i ever make one of those im gonna get some DP cards ^__^
07-09-2007 07:42 PM