Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
An outdated heRO commandment?
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

An outdated heRO commandment?

Certainly Namin? is not the only one who has to read the 10 commandments of heRO whenever she is to try to make a new character because the knight forces it down the throat... However, it seems that one of the 10 commandments are either never enforced, or it's simply outdated...

Somewhere along the 10 commandments, there is one rule against merchants outselling one another by a price war of selling the same items at a lower price right beside one another.

Er, something is awfully wrong with this rule in Namin?'s humble opinion... Isn't this simply encouraging a merchant monopoly so that equipments for newer players will never drop down to an affordable price even if the server is slowly growing? (there's over 50 players this Sunday before the server shutdown. Congratulation heROs~)

If anything, shouldn't heRO's economy be governed by simply supply and demand? If there's such a huge demand for it, most noticeably, the Garnet, merchants can raise the price to an obscure height and it will still be bought. If an item needs to enter a "price war" where merchants have to lower their prices against one another in order to get a sale, then most likely that item isn't really wanted anyway due to low demand. On top of it all, merchants who are willing to lower prices are essentially making a bad deal for themselves to certain extents. There will always be a point where an item cannot sell for possibly any lower if the merchant does not want to go bankrupt.

So there is such a rule in place, but Namin? technically never sees this enforced... Eluniums sell between 30k to 50k, and all of these prices are offered in Pront by the same group of merchants every night... really...

In all honesty, Namin? wonders if this commandment is simply out of date, and it's understood that this commandment is to be ignored, or are GMs just too busy to enforce it? Namin? will like a clear answer to the status quo of this specific commandment before she is to start selling, only to find herself in jail because she's breaking a commandment which she personally regards as silly...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2007 03:54 AM by Namine.)
04-23-2007 03:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: An outdated heRO commandment?

The thing is that some players can afford to underprice some items they are selling (thinking about mioum and his 75k vvs ele pike :confusedIcon_smile

After, who will buy a vvs ele pike for a "normal" amount of like 200k?

Icon_razz

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
04-23-2007 07:37 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

It's outdated and was written by a GM who's gone now. I gotta agree that economy goes with supply and demand, nothing wrong with that.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-23-2007 07:50 AM
Lis and Olo Offline
Valkyrie's Messenger

I'm not sure I get the whole elunium thing. What exactly are you saying? Icon_confused
04-23-2007 10:14 AM
Mioumboy Offline

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:The thing is that some players can afford to underprice some items they are selling (thinking about mioum and his 75k vvs ele pike :confusedIcon_smile

After, who will buy a vvs ele pike for a "normal" amount of like 200k?

Icon_razz
Like I told you, just buy them and sell them 150k+ if you want Icon_wink And I'm thinking about lowering my price too since event at 75k it looks like I can't sell them Icon_sad

Aww and screw those pike, as soon as the server is back on I'll go break them Icon_twisted
04-23-2007 12:11 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

It's not cuz a price is too high that sometime an item doesnt get sold.Icon_eek

Breaking some gear? I can help u break them if u wantIcon_biggrin

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2007 12:55 PM by Général_Argos.)
04-23-2007 12:54 PM