Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heal and its cooldown.
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

RE: Heal and its cooldown.

From the position of a SinX I can tell you that linked EDP SB will not kill a priest EVER unless they completely suck and it kills in 1 hit. Even with end game gears SB has a mandatory 2 second animation. That gives the priest 2-4 heals to tank the damage (depending on this or your suggested cd time) a priest should have a few items on them just in case so they aren't going to run out of sp nor be outdamaged 1k-2k at a time. I'm better off moving to softer target than wasting my time tying up the priest. Nobody wants to spend twice as much time killing a priest. Priests are also a much bigger threat than you make them sound to be. If that priest is a guild leader then they could use recall and screw you over. They also silence, agi down, and lex people if left alone. Not everyone who goes into WoE plans ahead and not everyone has endgame gears. It takes hardly any gears to build a priest that can tank almost everything while it takes tons of end game gears to kill them. Doesn't that sound a bit unbalanced? Priests won't be killing tons of people in WoE but they are a HUGE deciding factor in which guild is going to win. They don't die easily even with weak gears. A properly geared Priest is going to have a chance to silence, agi down, or lex people unless you have more than one WELL GEARED person attacking them. Being down one of your dedicated DPS allies puts you at a huge disadvantage. Gravity was kind and saw how overpowered priests were. That's why they added an effect TO NERF HEAL. Weapons which cut heals effectiveness in half. They wouldn't add that kind of thing if heal was as weak as you make it out to be.

It's a given that there are counters to every strategy in RO. The fact is that not every class can beat every other class in RO and that some are at a particular disadvantage against others but that is why every character class has a use. If you think that priests are replaceable with potion pitching then you are utterly mistaken. Priests offer buffs alchemists don't and while alchemists can heal more than a priest they die much easier. They cost more money and they are much more likely to run out of potions than a priest is to run out of sp. A lot of classes have a disadvantage vs other classes. If you come at me with an LK and Priest team I could easily kill you with a single Prof. If you then attack the Prof with a Sniper a SinX would do the job. If you send a Champ to kill the SinX a Pally will counter that. A Creator to kill the Pally and any agi Clown will kill the Creator. You can probably think of ways for those match-ups to counter each other but it's a given that it's gonna be a lot harder for one class to beat the other. RO is about teamwork no matter how you look at it. The fact that a Priest can live as long as it can against classes so greatly stacked against them shows how strong they really are. You compared a rather average Priest build to end game DPS. That DPS better be able to kill the priest and I would hope that the Priest would go down even faster considering the gears it was going against. Heal is really strong just the way it is. If a priest is dieing because his heal wasn't high enough then that means his whole team is already dead and they were bound to fail anyway. Gravity knows what they are doing so let them make the game mechanics and you can think of the strategies to play in it.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
11-19-2007 03:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

potion pitcher is supposed to be better than heal. after all it costs an item to use.

it seems like youre trying to make priests unkillable. so i think priests are fine the way they are. youre saying there are ways to kill priests, why get rid of those ways and make them unkillable??

+1 to kadar
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2007 03:55 AM by teOx.)
11-19-2007 03:52 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Priests...suck...?
No, I refuse to believe this, in fact soon you will have a nice shiny new staff to go for called "Staff of Recovery" which will boost your heal amount and sanctuary heal amount, whatever could be wrong with that?

Priests are excellent tanks, their lex aeterna helps in killing the hardest of classes with the help of others.

Btw Priest is such an annoying class for my sage that I can't kill them unless I somehow can status them and kill them in one shot also. As prof, they are one of the only classes I will bother to soul burn early in a fight in pvp 1vs1 *Swordie class and sometimes sniper being the other ones* I think they are plenty strong in support, and are always being seeked out for parties....without priest it also is very very hard to hold an emp.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-19-2007 04:03 AM
Jack Skellington Offline
The Pumpkin King

RE:??Heal and its cooldown.

Aaronock Wrote:Priests...suck...?
No, I refuse to believe this, in fact soon you will have a nice shiny new staff to go for called "Staff of Recovery" which will boost your heal amount and sanctuary heal amount, whatever could be wrong with that?

Priests are excellent tanks, their lex aeterna helps in killing the hardest of classes with the help of others.

Btw Priest is such an annoying class for my sage that I can't kill them unless I somehow can status them and kill them in one shot also.??As prof, they are one of the only classes I will bother to soul burn early in a fight in pvp 1vs1 *Swordie class and sometimes sniper being the other ones*??I think they are plenty strong in support, and are always being seeked out for parties....without priest it also is very very hard to hold an emp.

Just imagine book of the dead, lawl @ 10% chance to coma people.

[Image: barrelsigam5.jpg][Image: barrelvn0.jpg]
11-19-2007 04:11 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I'm not going to be getting that on this server anytime soon. It's an ultra rare drop from Berzebub! Staff of Recovery is a much more likely option for priests to be getting, and for myself...I'm looking at Staff of Piercing and Giant Encyclopedia :]

And if I did have Book of the Dead....I wouldn't need to be a battler to beat those evil high MDEF users Evil

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2007 04:16 AM by Aaronock.)
11-19-2007 04:15 AM
Astroboi Away

Im really wondering how you came up with that Cart Term of 4k in woe... With everything you mentionned its gonna do about 3k at most to ~40+80 def in PVP and you cant use adrenaline rush with pick so aspd wont really go higher than 175 (to which you might say ImpRiff or soul link, but you really dont find bards and Linkers on every corner on this server). Oh and, a skilled high priest will surely be able to survive and keep the WS out of harm with SW/Dec.Agi *stares at Jazz*
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2007 04:46 AM by Astroboi.)
11-19-2007 04:34 AM
Spire Offline

If priests are so useless at healing, then why do so many people play them as their mains? Icon_razz

You seem to want a priest to have some kind of attack skill to over dominate their opponents, like 'Mega holy light of doom' -(Which can be achived but soul linking the Priest and then using lex Aeterna) Also Priest =/= Tank unless you make it into one. Priest are back row characters in 99% of video games and in my opinion, thats how they will stay. (With the excepting of a few characters in hero of course)

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
11-19-2007 07:41 AM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Moved to Suggestions/Questions

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
11-19-2007 10:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Alright read it all this time, well I'm sorry you feel that way, but every class has their counter, strength and weekness and we trust gravity to balance it all nowadays cuz when we don't people make huge fuss over it Icon_wink

If you guys wish to continue discussing pvp/woe strategy on how to kill or not kill priest I have no problem with that, as long as it all remains flame free of course ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-19-2007 10:41 AM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

you know what would be cool giving priests retribution's dark cross but then again thats just me and I think that move is leet lol...

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
11-19-2007 11:36 AM