Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why is the server down?
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: why is the server down?

Someone pointed out how it can be coding problem actually... Namin? recalls (or think it was) Mr. Beeman or someone from Razorblade who said that it can be a script problem with the game, which can also cause these problems. This is a possibility since Namin? heard a "cursing sound" (Mr. Cucu said he heard the same thing too) during the "Disconnected from Server" message, which is supposedly built in by eA to signify that there is a problem with coding. That is one possibility.

Another possibility is factors beyond GM's software, hardware or SvN's control. Ms Mystia has mentioned that the internet provider Videotron in Quebec (where the server is) has been going insane lately. (Mr. Anak doubts this however... if the forum is fine, it can't be the internet provider then hm? But Namin? knows nothing about technology to say if this is a good reasoning or not) The other times heRO server is down is due to a blackout. Another time it was because some workers simply cut off Ms. Pandora's connection with some renovation related issue at the apartment.

More possibilities than just SvN or hardware, at least to say~

(And ranting is never bad... at least for the ranter's point of view. It reduces stress level and is psychologically healthy to rant, according to what Namin? learns in university.)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2007 06:27 AM by Namine.)
11-25-2007 06:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Keefa Offline
Etana

Ah, you're completely right. I forgot all about the script stuff. >.< If that's the case, I take back everything I said and replace it with an honest apology.

The Internet provider, blackout and such would affect the other parts of the server too, such as the login and char servers. Those are both online.
11-25-2007 06:32 AM
Asumi Offline
Fallen Angel

Yay -_- another lunar/stellar combo day gone T_T

[Image: Asumi_Sig.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]
11-25-2007 07:07 AM
Strifelife Offline

I wonder will this take long -_-?

[Image: Strifelife.jpg]
11-25-2007 07:44 AM
truthhurts Offline

Strifelife Wrote:I wonder will this take long -_-?

i hope not =/
11-25-2007 07:56 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Server's back. Btw it was Mystra and not Mystia who mentionned the Videotron problem, but honestly I didn't experience any problems yet. When only map server goes down it cannot be internet connection related. If you can log in and it says 0 then it's not a power out, nor internet provider problem, it's something else and I'll do my best to figure out what.

Rolling back to previous SVN is not an option, I do dearly miss its stability, and our many many months of uptime if not for me rebooting manually to add in NPC T_T; Oh well, nothing's perfect hehe

Will be looking into it, actually, if it's NPC related, it might help if people answer this thread that I just created. We never know, cant hurt in trying to single out the problem.
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=4186

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-25-2007 10:50 AM