Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hit detection
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Hit detection

it depends on the type of escape you're using too. granted i would imagine you'd try to escape without having to trek all the way back to the dungeon or map you were killing on, but if you've run out of healing items or are overweight, wouldn't you at least have a bwing, or fwings on you to move around the map safely?

see in that instant you get hit, or are starting to be mobbed, by teleporting using an fwing, or bwing, you will "escape" being hit. for some reason it forgets to register any hit, or damage done by a monster if you teleport and even see the amount of damage that was done to you. you will still get off clean most of the time, if not all of the time.

if you're just trying to escape a mob, but have healing items available, then i can see where there would be the issue, but if you've run out of items, or can't regen at all, then why stay on the map? why not go back to town to restock by using a bwing?
12-22-2008 06:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Because you'd expect to be able to survive. I can last at Hill Winds for -ages- while of 50% and with no healing items, but sometimes I stumble upon someone sin's or knight's mob of 15+, and just get absolutely done in.

But still, you acknowledged yourself where it can be a problem in you second paragraph, and I do believe that this thread is about it being a problem, not just when it is in certain places, as a change to the value would affect everywhere, and not just some.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-22-2008 06:27 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

On the other hand it allows you to do the Whole, punch the creature in the face and flywing as soon as it hits you so you take no damage Trick.

Ive done this a ton of times against MVP's and the Like and its makes fights so easy its painful. Like Dark Illusions lol I get 2 bowling bashes in before I take a single point of dmg. Especially helps with escaping MVP's As you have a good Half a Second of them hitting you to flee with your life.

So yes the after battle dieing sucks, but it must be worst for dem critters having you continuously avoid damage cause they dont do damage at the same time they hit.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
12-22-2008 12:11 PM
gorgetrapper Offline

RE:??Hit detection

Avalon_Fates Wrote:On the other hand it allows you to do the Whole, punch the creature in the face and flywing as soon as it hits you so you take no damage Trick.

Ive done this a ton of times against MVP's and the Like and its makes fights so easy its painful. Like Dark Illusions lol I get 2 bowling bashes in before I take a single point of dmg. Especially helps with escaping MVP's As you have a good Half a Second of them hitting you to flee with your life.

So yes the after battle dieing sucks, but it must be worst for dem critters having you continuously avoid damage cause they dont do damage at the same time they hit.

That's how RO should be though. Everything is based off of timing. If you can get two bowling bashes in against a dark illusion before it hits you... then that's how it should be. Same deal with everything else. If you hit something, and it dies, you should only be hit BEFORE it dies, and not after.

It works the other way around, if you die... you shouldn't hit whatever you were fighting (and possibly kill it) when you're already dead. You don't get the exp for it, but you still get the loot. This works the same with MVPs, if you do most of the damage all you have to do is stay on the map, dead or not, and you will get the loot no matter what.

The thing with fly wings, and being able to use it before the damage actually registers... that shouldn't work that way because once the damage is shown, it shouldn't be avoidable... unlike how the system is now, you CAN avoid the damage way more easily because the timing is off THAT much.
12-26-2008 02:25 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

On several occasions tho i have teleported / fwinged and died after teleport due to this "hit delay"

This hit delay has also caused a handful of DKOs in which I and my mob get mauled.

Now either I have exceptional timing, or just have plain dumb luck. But either way this doesn't seem like an issue that can get better by tweaking things either way. I think we're pretty much on the fence between a rock and a hard place ^~^

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
12-26-2008 04:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Generally, if you die after you FWing / Teleport it's because you land on the same screen as the monster dealing the damage. It's happened to my hunter a handful of times in Thors after taking some large damage I FWing and land right next to the damn Kasa and still get hit and die.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
12-26-2008 05:11 PM
gorgetrapper Offline

RE:??Hit detection

Motenai_Ronin Wrote:Now either I have exceptional timing, or just have plain dumb luck. But either way this doesn't seem like an issue that can get better by tweaking things either way. I think we're pretty much on the fence between a rock and a hard place ^~^

Well that's the thing, if the value it tweaked... the issue does and will get better, but it can only be 'tested' if they decide to tweak the value.
12-26-2008 10:26 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

We might run some testing once on the new computer is installed. But like someone said either way might not be good in every type of situation.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-29-2008 12:24 AM