Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buggered Sign Quest, and a temporary fix
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Buggered Sign Quest, and a temporary fix

Hopefully is fixed soon for those wanting to potentially go to the Satan Morroc event using "The Sign."

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-10-2009 06:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

I'm doing the sign quest now... I wonder if I'll bump into the bugged part.

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
11-10-2009 07:00 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

You will.

It's more for people who already got one, but haven't picked a side/won ToH/etc. Newcomers' best bet is the 99 requirement.

11-10-2009 08:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

I was actually asking about the Sign Quest not because of the Satan Morroc event, but because I really need access to Geffenia, in order to create an end-game build for my champ that isn't totally worthless.

It's very important for my champ in his current build to be able to access Geffenia in a way that doesn't take a lot of time/sp. The current fix on Geffenia, which actually doesn't seem to be there anymore, didn't help at all.

I know the Sign Quest is long and difficult to fix, but it's becoming very frustrating to sit around waiting on the champ I put so much time into, unable to achieve what all champs could before the svn update. There needs to be a way for people who are stuck in Sign Quest to get access to Geffenia via Geffen Fountain. I'm not saying you should leave the warp open to all like before, since some people complain that's unfair.

But it's getting really unfair for those of us who are stuck and unable to complete our champ's build. We need some way to be able to work for access to Geffenia and achieve it without waiting indefinitely.

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
11-11-2009 04:09 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hey Kiel quest is bugged too still, but they recently put a mini fix on that...I'm just surprised its been MONTHS now without fixing these two quests and honestly its becoming nearly detrimental on the server.

Especially if for some it affects if they're going to this next event with SM...

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-11-2009 09:19 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

They are being looked at, and the bugs trying to be found. But when you have several thousand+ lines of code, with different parts written by different people in different styles, the going can be slow.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

11-11-2009 09:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

For those who wonders about the look of the Sign Quest in coding.

Notice I just said "look". I don't know if this version even works.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
11-11-2009 11:06 AM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

I totally understand that it's not easy to fix the Sign Quest, and I wasn't demanding that it should be fixed by now. I know the heRO team has a lot on their plate and I appreciate all the work you guys do. I was just saying that we really need a temporary fix right now that allows people to work to get access Geffenia via the fountain.

Like a tiny custom quest where we hand in all the Sign Quest items to a custom NPC and get a temporary Sign, and then when the quest is finally de-bugged we can trade our temporary Sign back for our items and do the quest the normal way.

Edit: Er, not the sign, Lucifer's Lament or whatever the item is that give you access to Geffenia Icon_razz

If I can't access Geffenia via the fountain, playing the Champ I took so much time to create is pointless, at the point in the game where I'm at.

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2009 12:18 PM by Naruhodo.)
11-11-2009 11:41 AM