Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Market Forum Suggestion
~Mace~ Offline

Market Forum Suggestion

I've recently been perusing through the market threads, and frankly I find them quite inefficient and overall repetitive. What makes a post more of a "Shop" thread post as opposed to Buy or Sell, and furthermore, what differentiates a Buy/Sell to an Auction? Seems that almost all Selling posts are actually Auctions nowadays.

Because of this and the general ineffectiveness of being able to buy or sell anything on forums I suggest a few of the following:

1. Require pricing on Buying/Selling posts. If you want to sell or buy an item you should have an idea of the range you are willing to buy/sell, and if you want to see if you can get more than you were expecting... then make it an Auction. Isn't that why the Auctions have its own section?

2. Replace the Shop section with a Price Check section. I do realize that price checks evolve with the community and the market... But I think this would be a useful tool to give people an idea of an items worth, and frankly, topics can be revived for outdated information. Additionally, this might save players (myself included) from being ignored for PCs on main and having to rePC on 15minute intervals until I get an answer 2 weeks later. In regards to the removing the Shop section. On the 3+yrs I've been on server, I personally hardly check this section, and I find that its function is easily covered by the Buy/Sell sections.

3. Require that auctions have more finite parameters. I've seen auctions go on for months and end in no actual sale. I understand people are testing waters to see if they would like to keep items, but requiring at least a defined end date to decide would make everyone's life a little easier. I mean, I'm sure there have been instances where someone will find your thread a year later and you still have the sellable item, but realistically, I doubt that you will get much better offers 6 months after you havn't sold an item on the Auction thread. Ideally (though unrealistically) I'd say require that auction threads be real with actual intent to sell the item as opposed to probing for a PC (which my previous PC section would cover). ALSO The idea of a starting bid is that its the MINIMUM amount you would be WILLING to accept for an item. What is the point in posting an auction with a minimum WAY under what you are willing to purchase for? If you won't sell your Crooked Hat for 1m, don't make SB 1m.

ANYWAYS that was a bit longer than I wanted it to be, but I think it covers more or less the ideas that I think might make the market section of forums more functional. This may require a bit more patrolling on the forums, but with as many people willing to add their 2cents in anyways here on heRO, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult.
04-11-2010 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE: Market Forum Suggestion

~Mace~ Wrote:1. Require pricing on Buying/Selling posts.

-----

2. being ignored for PCs on main and having to rePC on 15minute intervals until I get an answer 2 weeks later.?

-----

3. Require that auctions have more finite parameters... I'd say require that auction threads be real with actual intent to sell the item as opposed to probing for a PC (which my previous PC section would cover).??ALSO The idea of a starting bid is that its the MINIMUM amount you would be WILLING to accept for an item.?

1) I do this already. Hell, YOU do this already. It's called vending in Prontera + Payon/Izlude. I mean, if you really want to put a price on all 200+ items on your 7 accounts, go for it. I'd like to see you make it legible. The old-fashioned "how much is...?" works just fine.

2) Before someone comes bounding into this thread with @pricecheck/@whosells, what makes you think you're any more likely to get a PC here than in game? What if you get a single false PC, with no one to tell you that it's false?

3) People don't know what an auction is, much less how one is held. Maybe that's why there's a whine thread about it. With the addendum of "state how to hold an auction", I actually agree with this point.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
04-11-2010 04:29 PM
~Mace~ Offline

RE:??Market Forum Suggestion

Ultima_Pi Wrote:1) I do this already. Hell, YOU do this already. It's called vending in Prontera + Payon/Izlude. I mean, if you really want to put a price on all 200+ items on your 7 accounts, go for it. I'd like to see you make it legible. The old-fashioned "how much is...?" works just fine.

2) Before someone comes bounding into this thread with @pricecheck/@whosells, what makes you think you're any more likely to get a PC here than in game? What if you get a single false PC, with no one to tell you that it's false?

3) People don't know what an auction is, much less how one is held. Maybe that's why there's a whine thread about it. With the addendum of "state how to hold an auction", I actually agree with this point.

1) I agree. Vending in Pront is the best idea.??But the concept of having there be a market on the forums is to give the player a choice to have another outlet to sell and buy.??My suggestion is simply to make it more efficient for all parties involved.??Make the buying and selling section like a vendor with the requirement to price if not an exact amt, at least a range.??The responsibility should fall on the person who chooses to make a post on forums to sell or buy to get the amt that they want on an item or to buy for a reasonable amt.??Because honestly the way it goes is

1st Post: B/S> Item
2nd Post: I'm interested how much?
3rd Post: PM me in game
4th Post: Sold/Bought for amt that I could've posted and saved the go around
??????????????????????????????????-OR-
4th Post: Having trouble finding you in game.??Lets make another 10 posts to get the price i could've posted on post 1.

But i do agree. this is a more minor point, I just think it would make life a lot easier for people interested in buying and selling. And to your point of keeping that list organized... If you are going to post it on Buy/Sell with that many items, it wont be all that organized regardless... And the plague of a million roundabout posts will be all that much worse.

2) I don't think there's a greater likelihood of getting a PC here than on main.??But I do think, I'd bother a lot less people with a single post here than a repeated PC on main. And to your second point.??It's the same with @main.??I have no way of knowing that a PC is ever correct, and there's always a possibility that no one will speak up if it is incorrect.??The point that I am trying to make is.??Having a PC section on forums could give a general reference for PCs and it can be documented. You can see the flow of a particular item over time with the same accuracy and checks and balances as on @main while simultaneously saving people seeing

Mace: Main: PC> +9SoP. PM me pls <3

every 15 minutes.

3) Yay for agreement <3

*Edit* Quoting issues...
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2010 05:58 PM by ~Mace~.)
04-11-2010 05:52 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE: Market Forum Suggestion

I'd support a price check section of the forums. It'd be a lot easier than working through the chaos that is @main, just to find a couple price opinions.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
04-11-2010 06:09 PM